Twitter: High Emotions: Security Closes the Doors as Bennett and other players rant (Post 156)

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
He got the ball in the red zone and got stuffed on a swing pass. He has been generally ineffective this year. Why would you give him the ball more? Dak throwing the ball has been our bread and butter this year not zeke.

Dak played bad in this game. but also got criticized for not changing the play at the end of the Vikings game when the call was a run to Zeke. Could film break down whether or not Dak changed the play at the line if it was a planned play to give the ball to Zeke?

Grevus

Reaction score
Bennett hasn't been on this team that long and is already frustrated with the state of things. We need more guys with passion. This team is so underachieving. I can't remember a team with such high on-paper talent. We have loved to hear what Bennett was saying

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The only two players in our locker room with a backbone out of 53 players. Wow. We have a bunch of punks on our team. What kind of team consistently lets themselves get embarrassed on national television? What kind of team lets other players make fun of them? What kind of team lets player bully them and push them and get in their helmets/faces? Only the Cowboys :facepalm:. The Joke team of the NFL
31 other teams out there my guy.

I just dont understand people rooting for a team they hate everything about. IMO it defeats the purpose of even watching because you dont allow yourself to be entertained. Losing seasons suck, but if i ever get to the point some of you get, i will stop watching football. Life has too much stress to stress about something i have no control over.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak played bad in this game. but also got criticized for not changing the play at the end of the Vikings game when the call was a run to Zeke. Could film break down whether or not Dak changed the play at the line if it was a planned play to give the ball to Zeke?

He wasn't bad. He just wasn't at the pro bowl level he's been at all year. Maybe thats a short week after a brutal game in NE. Maybe its a poorly conceived game plan. Lots of variables here. But generally speaking, Dak has not been one of this teams problems. He's been the bright spot.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Of course the latest point of frustration for the Cowboys came on Thanksgiving Day when they lost at home to the Buffalo Bills (their second loss in a row). Upon entering the locker room right afterwards reports started to swirl that a Cowboys player could be heard screaming from within the locker room. The Athletic’s Jon Machota captured video of it.

Obviously people wanted to know who the voice was and many people began speculating as to who the player in question could be. It took a bit of time but the mystery man was identified. The Dallas Morning News reported the voice as that of Michael Bennett.

Dak Prescott on Michael Bennett’s message while shouting in the postgame locker room: “Just an exchange of words about us sticking together. Anything and everything outside that locker room doesn’t matter. Simple as that.” https://twitter.com/jonmachota/sta

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...side-team-locker-room-after-thanksgiving-loss

aikemirv

Reaction score
He wasn't bad. He just wasn't at the pro bowl level he's been at all year. Maybe thats a short week after a brutal game in NE. Maybe its a poorly conceived game plan. Lots of variables here. But generally speaking, Dak has not been one of this teams problems. He's been the bright spot.
NO, he was bad, the int, the fumble, all the times he does not get up and out of the pocket....

He was bad!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Meh, he was just yelling at everyone to look at the awesome Bills jersey he swapped his jersey for.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
on Dallas first drive against Detroit in the red zone, they passed incomplete and Dak took a sack. Thus was after they ran on an obvious first down.

the second time they were in the red zone, Zeke carried for 8 yards on second followed by a 1 yard TD run.

The third time they were in the red zone, Dak had three straight incompletions from 16 yards out.

the fourth time, they threw it three straight times for a TD, one to Pollard for 2, the next to Zeke for a 17 yard TD.

you don’t know what your taking about. They completely IGNORE running the ball in the red zone that game.

My bad. I'm geting Zeke's poor performances mixed up b/c their have been so many this year. I was referring to the MN game. 20 carries for 47 yards.......yeah, lets give him more carries against good defenses.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I dont agree with this at all. We have great players with Dak being the leader and literally the heart and soul of the offense.

He needs to start acting like it. A leader doesn’t consistently get punked around and lose every other game. I like Dak but he’s too soft. I know he’s wants to be mature but sometimes you gotta snap and let it be known.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Makes sense.

Bennett is outspoken.

He's also been in winning locker rooms and he probably can't believe the everything-is-fine and we'll-get-em-next time culture and mentality of this team.

The so-called leaders of this team should be embarrassed.

Regarding Jerry saying a coaching change does not help improve our chances of winning this year, does he also realize that doing nothing does not improve our chances as well?

I have a feeling that Stephen (and others) have started to work behind the scenes to find the next head coach, and if they aren't, they absolutely should be. I get that they like Garrett and are rooting for him, plus they so desperately want to be right about him, but you have to have a plan.