Highest QBR for any QB to any WR/TE last year? Prescott to Shultz

DFWJC

Reaction score
That's a heckuva stat and gives at least some insight to Shultz' value to Dak.
Best QBR combo of ANY QB to WR/TE in all of the NFL.

Maybe the kid does deserve a new deal.

ESPN seems to think that getting Shultz off the tag and signing him to a deal close to Njoku (4 yrs at 56.7mil) would be a solid move.

Thoughts?

RonnieT24

Reaction score

ESPN seems to think that getting Shultz off the tag and signing him to a deal close to Njoku (4 yrs at 56.7mil) would be a solid move.

Thoughts?

I think he's a nice player .. but he benefited from being maybe the 5th or 6th guy the defense was worried about last season. This year he might move up to 4th or 5th. In either case you don't pay top dollar for a guy in that situation. He's the equivalent of that guy on the basketball court that the other team doesn't even bother to guard most of the time until he hits a couple of wide open threes. Count me as a no..

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think he's a nice player .. but he benefited from being maybe the 5th or 6th guy the defense was worried about last season. This year he might move up to 4th or 5th. In either case you don't pay top dollar for a guy in that situation. He's the equivalent of that guy on the basketball court that the other team doesn't even bother to guard most of the time until he hits a couple of wide open threes. Count me as a no..
I think he drew the 3rd most attention in the receiving game last year....not 5th or 6th.

Having said that, I've always been a bit indifferent about him. But he has gotten better every year.
My first thought is that it's too much money for him, but maybe the rates are just higher now.

Definitely not a Kelcie, Waller, Kittle, or Pitts

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
The 11 million dollar tag price will become his signing bonus for his new 4 year 57 million dollar contract

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He's not ground game friendly. For a QB that needs 100 yards on the ground to win, Shultz is a hinderance to overall team success. I'd rather we use that money on the defensive side of the ball anyway.

Creeper

Reaction score
No. Too much money. I just do not think he is an exceptional player. I cannot think of one aspect of is game that I think is exception. He is not a blocker. Not a deep threat. He is an outlet for Dak. I find it hard to believe the Cowboys cannot find another TE to play that role. But I would not pay his $15 million per year or more.

DFWJC

Reaction score
To be honest, your QBR or Rating to your short guy should be off the charts. Low risk throws. I'd bet that TEs litter the top of that list whatever it is.
Yards per attempt (or depth of target) are part of QBR. So are TDs

I'm in the camp that leans away from giving Shultz big money. But this stat surprised me some.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Thoughts?
I just hope he can improve his blocking
So as not to be a liability in the run game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He's not worth it either.

This thread did not say Shultz was worth that kind of money, though ESPN seems to think so.
I sure don't

Well then good ... Glad to see you have not gone Jones crazy

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I would be glad to sign Shultz to a 4 or 5 year contract for what he is worth ...... Between 5 and 7 mill a year depending on the market.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
On third and 10 Dak LOVES firing the ball to Schultz on a 3 yard out pattern. It's his go-to safety blanket regardless of down, distance or game time. Of course Shultz had great numbers. Why the hell do you think Amari left?