Highest QBR for any QB to any WR/TE last year? Prescott to Shultz

Creeper

Reaction score
Most players can be replaced. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Lamb and Shultz were two big reasons we were able to move on from the 22 million dollar anchor of Coopers contract.

The kid was a 4th round pick and turned out to be a good one. Not sure the issue Cowboys fans have with the guy. To me he is a success story.

It would be great to have Ferguson come on this year and be able to move on from Shultz after this season. It would be better to get Shultz for a reasonable price tied up the next few years.

Honestly, this team needs to stop trying to be a run first offense with Zeke. He isnt good enough and when you pay a QB 40 million it better be because you think you can feature him and the passing game in your offense.

The conversation I originally responded to was whether or not Schultz should get paid a big contract. My answer is no because I think he can be replaced with a younger lest expensive player.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The conversation I originally responded to was whether or not Schultz should get paid a big contract. My answer is no because I think he can be replaced with a younger lest expensive player.

Yah I wouldnt pay him top 5 money because he isnt a great blocker. But in this league someone will. And until we find a suitable replacement we are a little stuck.

This is the problem with Jerry. He has no clue when to redo these extensions. He should have approached Shultz in the early offseason before they cut Cooper. Now he has less leverage.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seeing how a new contract really won't help the cap too much this year, as to obtaining any players. Unless a trade is involved.
I just assume let him play on the tag, and see how he does, and if he improves to show he is worthy of a new deal.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Schultz will be worthy of a generous contract if he just manages to aptly upgrade his blocking! Yay, pretty please and Thank You! :starspin:

IMHO, Dak Prescott would be totally justified in crying huge crocodile tears, if he somehow were to leave this team.

His receiving skills alone, practically make it so! His better blocking would help enormously, however.

Last edited: