Twitter: Highest Rate of Pass-Catchers Considered Open or Wide Open During the 2021-22 Season

Creeper

Reaction score
I have no idea what this means in the scheme of things. Is throwing to a RB in the flat as an outlet considered a wide open receiver?

khiladi

Reaction score

Bogus.

Dallas went hurry up to get Dak out of his ‘slump’, which succeeded against awful Commanders, but failed against the Cardinals. He also called plenty of screens to try and force the coverages out of zones, because Dak doesn’t challenge them and Warner’s videos clearly showed that Dak refused to make throws.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
What does hurry up has to do with getting WR open quick? Hurry up has nothing to do with what type a WR run.

Hurry up has everything to do sign Dak and trying to speed up his decision making process, including with quicker routes. What’s the use of hurry up if you are taking 20 yard shots downfield and the defense can reset while the refs run to get the ball back on Dak’s overthrows?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oooffff.

Now it's PFF and I take their stats with big grains of salt but even during the telecast Sunday, Romo was trying to be diplomatic but you could tell he was itching to continually point out the guys Dak was missing who were open.

The thing with Dak is there was a point in time when he was too aggressive. Like in that Tampa Bay game, he was taking chances on throws that were risky. But somewhere along the line this season, he seemed to regress, often taking the quick dump off, etc.

People that have watched the All 22, especially over the 2nd half the season, have noted he seems to be missing guys way more than he ever did.
I didn't see the All 22 but it really did seem weird.....it was a tail of two different QB's....even his mechanics looked different. I can't even give him the injury excuse because they consistently say he was healthy....so not sure if its mental or what but he was not the same QB after the Pats game for whatever reason.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hurry up has everything to do sign Dak and trying to speed up his decision making process, including with quicker routes. What’s the use of hurry up if you are taking 20 yard shots downfield and the defense can reset while the refs run to get the ball back on Dak’s overthrows?
They just don't know football, bro.

starfan1

Reaction score
PFF finds a stat you agree with so post it.of course when there is a stat that you dont agree with PFF sucks. Ok i get it now

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Bogus.

Dallas went hurry up to get Dak out of his ‘slump’, which succeeded against awful Football Team, but failed against the Cardinals. He also called plenty of screens to try and force the coverages out of zones, because Dak doesn’t challenge them and Aarner’s videos clearly showed that Dak refused to make throws.

But then week 1 how does he go toe to toe with Brady against a good bucs d. in my opinion it’s cause he was loose. Nothing to lose playing against Brady. Playing to win. Too often dak tries to be to conservative with the football. He needs to trust himself more.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ok fair enough… so then yes we need to do a better job of getting them the ball.

However late in the game on 3rd and 5 at mid field when dak is checking down to zeke in the flat. Have a problem with that. That’s on dak.

I’d almost dak start forcing some more throw into tight coverage and risk ints then play how conservative he does. Also you can’t tell me there are 0 deep ball opportunities for us in games. We never throw them
Aye man I can't explain it. This was a bizarre year man....they rarely attacked teams deep.....can he no longer throw the deep ball? Do they not want to? Man I can't call it. I'm not defending his play. I'm just not of the belief he sucks. I just dont' know what's going on. I expected him to get better as the season went on due to missing so much time...he did the opposite somehow.

Zman5

Reaction score

The point of Sturm's tweet is when your OL is getting manhandled, you go to a shorter passing game. Speeding up decision making makes no difference if the play design has the primary read as the WR running a 20 plus yard route and the QB has to hold the ball.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I just think they are too attached to Dak and looking for excuses. Moore is the next scapegoat for them. Sturm had been a Dak lover since the beginning. Even he is trying to leverage the excuse of Moore.
Sturm knows what he's talking about though. Probably one of the best in DFW. Not saying he's right or not but I Wouldn't discredit him just because he's saying something I don't like.

khiladi

Reaction score
But then week 1 how does he go toe to toe with Brady against a good bucs d. in my opinion it’s cause he was loose. Nothing to lose playing against Brady. Playing to win. Too often dak tries to be to conservative with the football. He needs to trust himself more.

That was Dak’s best game his ever played, meaning it’s an aberration. It’s also because the Bucs were given Amari the sideline outs without safety help and were blitzing at a ridiculous place and running basically man coverage, and couldn’t get pressure.

Teams stopped selling out so much on the run and just let Dak try and best them by making him go through his reads