Twitter: Highest Rate of Pass-Catchers Considered Open or Wide Open During the 2021-22 Season

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stafford is better than Dak. I would take him in a heartbeat over Dak. 30 years from now, Detriot will still be losing. Nobody can win there. It's not a coincidence that he got his first playoff dub as soon as he left against....the same team that Dak, just a few weeks ago, looked like a deer in the headlights against.

The OP is about receivers being open. How is that an indictment on Kellen? We have access to the ALL-22 now and how Dak is not seeing the field.
And who the hell can win in Dallas? Romo and Dak is almost 20 years of proof that guys can't win here unless you want me to believe that Dak and Romo aren't good enough?

And please don't do that. You watched the game and you saw how piss poor Kyler Murray was.....he's the one who looked like a deer in headlights...btw, the great Matthew Stafford lost TWICE to the 49ers team we just lost too. But I guess that doesn't fit the agenda.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

not sure what to think about this, but its interesting..........I took this and compared their completion percentage per team

Chiefs 66.4%
Packers 67.8%
Rams 66.9%
Bucs 67.3%
Cowboys 68.6%
so based on how open the recievers were and completion percentage, seems Chiefs did the worse (assuming the less open you are the smaller the window to make a throw). maybe

then I looked at Y/A, which kind of tells you if you are attacking down field or not

Chiefs 7.3
Packers 7.6
Rams 8.1
Bucs 7.8
Cowboys 7.7

the rams clearly were attacking downfield as they are far and above everybody else. that kind of explains the year Cooper Kupp had.
then finally looked at Y/C.....to just account for completions and how you are attacking a defense
Chiefs 11
Packers 11.3
Rams 12.1
Bucs 10.9
Cowboys 11.2

again, Rams seem to have been attacking downfield a lot.

I wonder if this stat can easily be pulled for last 8 games of the season. I think we will see a big drop off for the cowboys.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
not sure what to think about this, but its interesting..........I took this and compared their completion percentage per team

Chiefs 66.4%
Packers 67.8%
Rams 66.9%
Bucs 67.3%
Cowboys 68.6%
so based on how open the recievers were and completion percentage, seems Chiefs did the worse (assuming the less open you are the smaller the window to make a throw). maybe

then I looked at Y/A, which kind of tells you if you are attacking down field or not

Chiefs 7.3
Packers 7.6
Rams 8.1
Bucs 7.8
Cowboys 7.7

the rams clearly were attacking downfield as they are far and above everybody else. that kind of explains the year Cooper Kupp had.
then finally looked at Y/C.....to just account for completions and how you are attacking a defense
Chiefs 11
Packers 11.3
Rams 12.1
Bucs 10.9
Cowboys 11.2

again, Rams seem to have been attacking downfield a lot.

I wonder if this stat can easily be pulled for last 8 games of the season. I think we will see a big drop off for the cowboys.
Nice research.

And yes, I bet we would see a big drop off for the Cowboys in the last 8 games also.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak literally told you what the problem was after the Broncos game.

He said "I hope all teams do what Denver was doing" implying that they were doing certain things differently than other teams and it was throwing him off.

Now, he implied that he knew what it was and he could fix it, hence his arrogant quote. However, as the season progressed it became apparent that Dak had no idea what to do and his football IQ is so low that he could not adjust.

Dak told you. You just would rather play dumb about it than accepting it.
I don't see the mental issue I see it as phyiscal limitations.....the guy slinging the football around the first 7 weeks of the season just never reappeared. THe guy who went to New England and dominated them never popped up until a bad team came through. But sure go with your narrative I could careless lol. Anyone who hypes up Will Grier just isnt' capable of having a legit football conversation.

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
It's funny that after 6 seasons I find myself still on the fence when it comes to Dak.
I was a big Romo fan and wanted to like Dak, but at this point, I'm convinced Dak is one of the worst things to happen to this franchise. He is fools gold and we have used a significant amount of the budget buying the worthless rock. Substitute Daniel Jones or Cooper Rush and you will get the same stats and results.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2:
Sure there us a difference but taken at face value it says that Moore schemed our receivers open only 1.2% of the time less than McVey did during the season.

Now you could argue that the percentages are off, but they would at least be using the same criteria for all teams.
So Dak is better than Mathew Stafford?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't see the mental issue I see it as phyiscal limitations.....the guy slinging the football around the first 7 weeks of the season just never reappeared. THe guy who went to New England and dominated them never popped up until a bad team came through. But sure go with your narrative I could careless lol. Anyone who hypes up Will Grier just isnt' capable of having a legit football conversation.
You saw that stat a few weeks after the Denver game, right?

When people realized Dak was playing different they posted articles and stats showing that teams were blitzing us a lot less now and it was messing with Dak big time. They were disguising what they were doing and Dak couldn't figure it out.

I don't know why you're acting so confused when Dak himself, along with articles, have told you what the problem has been. I guess you just don't know football, bro.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I mean I think Dak is better but let's say they are even or even give the edge to Stafford...you're telling me you don't see a huge difference in Sean McVey and Kellen Moore lol?
Stafford has way more arm talent than Dak. The "leadership" thing is debatable. But here is the crux of the issue....those QBs (Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady) are in a different category. Mean the gap between 1 - 5 is bigger than their rankings. Meaning if you put them in tiers...Dak is a tier below them. Now...I am not mad at Dak for this...no one else has those guys either...but when you realize you do not have one of those guys....you can't get caught skinning and grinning about your offensive rankings. You better have a good feel for the holes on your team and start to fill them. Don't let your "rankings" cloud your vision of what you really have. SMART football people picked the 49ers to beat us for a reason...and we lost for the EXACT reasons they said we would.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Well how much do they factor into theses stats? Tell me that and i'll answer your question.

The stat is related to, "pass catchers." Pretty sure those guys caught a few passes this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
@mattjames2010 Ay so i'm "anti-white" because I called your trash *** out for saying Kobe Bryant deserved to die on his plane with his daughter? You tender headed gremlin......you thought I forgot? And @CopenhagenCowboy you ain't **** either for liking his comment.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stafford has way more arm talent than Dak. The "leadership" thing is debatable. But here is the crux of the issue....those QBs (Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady) are in a different category. Mean the gap between 1 - 5 is bigger than their rankings. Meaning if you put them in tiers...Dak is a tier below them. Now...I am not mad at Dak for this...no one else has those guys either...but when you realize you do not have one of those guys....you can't get caught skinning and grinning about your offensive rankings. You better have a good feel for the holes on your team and start to fill them. Don't let your "rankings" cloud your vision of what you really have. SMART football people picked the 49ers to beat us for a reason...and we lost for the EXACT reasons they said we would.
Like I said earlier Jay Culter had arm talent...there's more to playing QB than "arm talent".....Cowboys are paper champions...fans eat it up every offseason and argue "Oh we are top 10"....top 10 what? And who the hell cares if we are top 10? Why are we always top 10 in everything and missing out on the playoffs? You know what we are top 10 in? Penalties....Actually we are top 1 there. We are top 10 in drops....top 10 in choking....tired of hearing about how top this we are.......hell even Dak. I don't care if he's top 5 or 10 or 15 or whatever...it means nothing.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Like I said earlier Jay Culter had arm talent...there's more to playing QB than "arm talent".....Cowboys are paper champions...fans eat it up every offseason and argue "Oh we are top 10"....top 10 what? And who the hell cares if we are top 10? Why are we always top 10 in everything and missing out on the playoffs? You know what we are top 10 in? Penalties....Actually we are top 1 there. We are top 10 in drops....top 10 in choking....tired of hearing about how top this we are.......hell even Dak. I don't care if he's top 5 or 10 or 15 or whatever...it means nothing.
I'm just responding to your notion that Dak is better than Stafford. Dak has been in a better environment than Stafford. Stafford...in his FIRST chance in a REAL football environment....already has as many playoffs wins as Romo...and will get a chance to tie Dak next week. Again...this is in his FIRST real football environment.

starman22

Reaction score
When the hell is the last time his "running game" bailed him out lol? Surely wasn't Zeke because I was told on here that Zeke sucked.......

And we already know "big games" is subjective. If he loses it was a big game...if he wins he was suppose to win...because there is no way anyone can blame him for losing to the Buccaneers opening night....

Sounds like Romo era all over again, just with people on different sides of the debate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And better QB’s
Naw I know he's y'all great hype but naw until Stafford does something he's a bum.
I'm just responding to your notion that Dak is better than Stafford. Dak has been in a better environment than Stafford. Stafford...in his FIRST chance in a REAL football environment....already has as many playoffs wins as Romo...and will get a chance to tie Dak next week. Again...this is in his FIRST real football environment.
I get what you're saying I Just don't knock a guy based on the "enviroment" or talent he plays with....because i'd argue Dak has to QB a team where the GM is Jerry Jones.....and had to play quarterback under Jason Garrett. That's two of the worst scenarios I could think of for a young QB...