Highest rushing grades in goal to go situations since 2015

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My stance is that Garrett sucked. We underperformed under Garrett based on talent.

In the #1 offense in football Zeke should have had 18-20 TD's and over 2000 combined yards minimum.

The guy was asleep the first 8 games from his Cabo hangover. Got suspended for 6 games in 2017 and ruined our season. Then holds out in his 4th year of a 5 year rookie deal?

Not to mention all the stupid things he keeps getting busted for or doing publicly. I cant stand the guy. He is everything I hate in young pro athletes today.
But you do acknowledge Garrett was why we sucked last year right? Isn't that the excuse you use when people talk about the season Dak had and the poor game she had against actual good defenses? So why are you not giving Zeke that same excuse?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Huh? That still makes no sense. So shouldn't there be more quarterbacks using your logic?
no the running qbs like i guarantee Lamar Jackson who was what 9th OVERALL in rushing a s qb has to be higher again PFT PFF inaccurate data

besides we all know zekes primary target in the RZ as well as most of the game BUT given the Garetts era and KM first year of throwing 2 -3 times in row in the RZ of course Daks taking off when he cant throw LOL

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, if that's satisfactory to you then all the power to you man. I had higher expectations of him.
ITs about being realistic. You expected Zeke to do what nobody else is doing. I I wouldn't have drafted him with the 4th overall pick but that doesn't mean you put some unrealistic expectations on him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
no the running qbs like i guarantee Lamar Jackson who was what 9th OVERALL in rushing a s qb has to be higher again PFT PFF inaccurate data

besides we all know zekes primary target in the RZ as well as most of the game BUT given the Garetts era and KM first year of throwing 2 -3 times in row in the RZ of course Daks taking off when he cant throw LOL
That makes no sense. So in your example of 3 vs 30....what did that represent? Who was Dak in that equation?

erod

Reaction score
Then everyone is a IDIOT.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/team-stats/offense

They were top 15 in 2019.
Sucked in 2018.
Top 5 in 2017.
Top 5 in 2016.

If you can't see that Dak has been figured out, I can't help you. He's slowing rapidly, and the league knows what throws he doesn't like to make. He's losing his taste for contact, too.

You stop Dallas in the red zone much more often by just devoting your energies toward Zeke and taking your chances.

When he's not playing the Giants, Commanders, or Dolphins, he's an easy check.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I claim that because to "hate" someone takes energy. Like I don't like Gronkowski. I don't like Johnny Manziel. But I HATED Michael Jordan when he played. I spent so much energy/time on hating him because he warranted it. He was too good. Scum like Gronkowski don't matter enough to me to even care enough to hate them.

So for you to hate Zeke....there's something there. You don't put up energy hating someone for the heck of it.

You take this stuff way too seriously. Hate Gronk? That's a first. Never heard that one before.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So what does that say about how defenses guard against Dak? Doesn't seem like teams are worried about Dak running.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But you do acknowledge Garrett was why we sucked last year right? Isn't that the excuse you use when people talk about the season Dak had and the poor game she had against actual good defenses? So why are you not giving Zeke that same excuse?

No, I rarely blame ONE person or coach for something as big as an entire season.

The main reasons for last seasons disappointment were:

-Garrett sucked
-Marinelli sucked
-The defense
-Kicker sucked
-special teams

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you can't see that Dak has been figured out, I can't help you. He's slowing rapidly, and the league knows what throws he doesn't like to make. He's losing his taste for contact, too.

You stop Dallas in the red zone much more often by just devoting your energies toward Zeke and taking your chances.

When he's not playing the Giants, Commanders, or Dolphins, he's an easy check.
Even though stats prove Dak is better when Zeke isn't on the field? You are reinforcing a outdated opinion people have who don't even watch the Cowboys. That' the embarrassing thing here.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
ITs about being realistic. You expected Zeke to do what nobody else is doing. I I wouldn't have drafted him with the 4th overall pick but that doesn't mean you put some unrealistic expectations on him.
I expect him to be more efficient with his touches, like he was in 2016, especially considering the quality of offensive line he gets to play behind. He's good but he has the ability to be exceptional. I want the exceptional running back we had in 2016.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You take this stuff way too seriously. Hate Gronk? That's a first. Never heard that one before.
I take this "stuff" too seriously? You admitted to hating Zeke and that's fine....but I don't like Gronk and that's taking this too serious? Why exactly? I hate Brady too for that matter and their ex-head coach.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I expect him to be more efficient with his touches, like he was in 2016, especially considering the quality of offensive line he gets to play behind. He's good but he has the ability to be exceptional. I want the exceptional running back we had in 2016.
Yeah I don't see that happening. The shelf life of a running back is so short....its not common for a guy to actually get better. His offensive line is worse since 2016 and his body has taken a lot of hits.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, I rarely blame ONE person or coach for something as big as an entire season.

The main reasons for last seasons disappointment were:

-Garrett sucked
-Marinelli sucked
-The defense
-Kicker sucked
-special teams
But your head coach sucked. If my head coach sucked I can't blame my players for sucking when they sucked at the top. This team as a whole underachieved. Players included and Zeke was apart of that as well as Dak.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see that happening. The shelf life of a running back is so short....its not common for a guy to actually get better. His offensive line is worse since 2016 and his body has taken a lot of hits.
I didn't expect the fall off to be after the first year though. And while the offensive line isn't as good, it's still pretty damn good. One of the best running lines in football. That should be no excuse. And i wasn't aware it's normal for RBs to not get better after the rookie year. I'll have to go research some of the other RBs to see who had their best year as a rookie. Maybe you are aware of a trend that I'm not. We'll see though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't expect the fall off to be after the first year though. And while the offensive line isn't as good, it's still pretty damn good. One of the best running lines in football. That should be no excuse. And i wasn't aware it's normal for RBs to not get better after the rookie year. I'll have to go research some of the other RBs to see who had their best year as a rookie. Maybe you are aware of a trend that I'm not. We'll see though.
I'm not making excuses for him. Like I said stats say there hasn't been a better back in the league since 2016. He's been the best back in the league....he couldn't have done anything better than be #1. That's the highest you can go.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm not making excuses for him. Like I said stats say there hasn't been a better back in the league since 2016. He's been the best back in the league....he couldn't have done anything better than be #1. That's the highest you can go.
I don't care what stats say he is relative to the other backs in the league, especially since it's predominantly about volume to get him there. I care about how effective he is relative to the skill he is supposed to have had and was on display in 2016. If we need to give him fewer touches so he can be more effective then let's do that.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I claim that because to "hate" someone takes energy. Like I don't like Gronkowski. I don't like Johnny Manziel. But I HATED Michael Jordan when he played. I spent so much energy/time on hating him because he warranted it. He was too good. Scum like Gronkowski don't matter enough to me to even care enough to hate them.

So for you to hate Zeke....there's something there. You don't put up energy hating someone for the heck of it.
Lol...Back when I watched the NBA, I was a season ticket holder for the NY Knicks. What I hated about Jordan was the refs, it seem like when ever he took a shot, if it didn't go in there would be a late whistle...the Jordan rule...Hated it.

12+88=7

Reaction score
This myth has already been debunked. Someone posted on this site that Dak is actually better when Zeke is not on the field.

I was being sarcastic, but you're still missing the point.

Would Prescott's average be that high if the defense knew what was coming instead of something adlibed?