Highest rushing grades in goal to go situations since 2015

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why is it that the biggest supporters of Prescott are haters of Elliott?

Things that make you go, hmmm.
This Dak supporter right here was a HUGE Zeke supporter (still am), but his overpaid shortcomings have become stale in recent years.

PS: The film don't lie.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol...Back when I watched the NBA, I was a season ticket holder for the NY Knicks. What I hated about Jordan was the refs, it seem like when ever he took a shot, if it didn't go in there would be a late whistle...the Jordan rule...Hated it.
Yeah....that was another reason to dislike him. DEfinetly got Jordan Rule'd by Dwayne Wade against the Mavs......

12+88=7

Reaction score
if you’re being serious, then you missed the point ...

I just answered another poster, I was being sarcastic.

But the underlying point was Prescott would not be as successful if the defense was expecting him to run at the start of the play, instead of improvising a run in the middle of a play when the defense is out if position.

There is the difference.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't care what stats say he is relative to the other backs in the league, especially since it's predominantly about volume to get him there. I care about how effective he is relative to the skill he is supposed to have had and was on display in 2016. If we need to give him fewer touches so he can be more effective then let's do that.

Well that's fine you don't care about stats but stats give you a indication and a ceiling of where Zeke should be. Otherwise how you even gauging him if its not based on stats?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic, but you're still missing the point.

Would Prescott's average be that high if the defense knew what was coming instead of something adlibed?
Well based on the comments of opposing teams....we were basic and predictable and teams knew what we were going to do before we did it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I can only speak for myself but it's because Dak has over performed expectations while Zeke has under performed expectations. Had Zeke continued to perform at his 2016 level I wouldn't be complaining about him. I would have hoped he wouldn't have peaked in his rookie year but it seems that's what he had done.

Then his biggest fans have to come up with all kinds of excuses for him while exaggerating how good he is by saying things like "he pushed pile 4-5 years every play" or "he always falls forward for 3 yards". Mind you, his yards before and after contact don't support these statements but doesn't stop them being said.

5405 after 4 years. With a 1600-1700 yard year he will be in the top 3-4 in most yards ever in first 5 years while missing 6 games.

Underperformed - whatever.........

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Lol...Back when I watched the NBA, I was a season ticket holder for the NY Knicks. What I hated about Jordan was the refs, it seem like when ever he took a shot, if it didn't go in there would be a late whistle...the Jordan rule...Hated it.

MJ only averaged 8.2 free throws a game. The way the game is played/reffed today he would average 20 or more

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well that's fine you don't care about stats but stats give you a indication and a ceiling of where Zeke should be. Otherwise how you even gauging him if its not based on stats?
I'm gauging Zeke based upon his performance in 2016. I expected that type of performance from him for several years.

aikemirv

Reaction score
This myth has already been debunked. Someone posted on this site that Dak is actually better when Zeke is not on the field.
Debunked - really - when has Dak ever lined up at RB - you people kill me!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
5405 after 4 years. With a 1600-1700 yard year he will be in the top 3-4 in most yards ever in first 5 years while missing 6 games.

Underperformed - whatever.........
Should easily have been #1.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sure because Eric Dickerson was a slouch - Tomlinson and Emmitt too!
No they weren't slouches. Zeke had the ability to be up there. He had 1631 yards in his rookie year sitting out the final 1.5 games. Imagine if you will an improvement on that instead of then playing like Joseph Randle in 2017. Why you guys settle for less than a player is capable of performing at is mind boggling to me. It's part of the reason this team has failed over the past 20+ years. Our stud players don't perform up to the level they are capable of.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And what was special about that performance? You aren't using stats so what was it that made it special?
The dude was pretty amazing. He was efficient with his touches. He could out run defenders. He could hit the home run.

Do you think maybe 2016 was just an anomaly and Zeke over achieved his rookie year and 2017-2019 was the performance we should have expected all along?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am curious to see where Zeke is.

QB's have the element of surprise. They can run when plays break down. Or run read options. Dak has taken advantage of that as teams focus on Zeke near the goal line.

I don't take a whole lot out of this stat.
yeah, but top 3 are RBs......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The dude was pretty amazing. He was efficient with his touches. He could out run defenders. He could hit the home run.

Do you think maybe 2016 was just an anomaly and Zeke over achieved his rookie year and 2017-2019 was the performance we should have expected all along?
Yes I do. The offensive line was unreal in 2016. If the offensive line stayed that good then yeah I'd expect that but I've seen far too many times of him getting hit in the back field. ITs not the same offensive line. Some of the same names are there but its not the same line.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yes I do. The offensive line was unreal in 2016. If the offensive line stayed that good then yeah I'd expect that but I've seen far too many times of him getting hit in the back field. ITs not the same offensive line. Some of the same names are there but its not the same line.
I'd like to see what other RBs can do behind our line. We'll have to agree to disagree. You're satisfied but I am not. Not changing my mind either.