Highest rushing grades in goal to go situations since 2015

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is a beast, that's what you should take from this. Even the horrid Garrett was smart enough last year to realize he needed to go away from Zeke and go with Dak in critical short yardage situations.
Even if Elliot trips over his own ego now and then on the goal line . See Rams playoff game

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Alright. I'll bite.....what are the adjusted stats you were referring to? The "volume" you keep referencing? What are the actual numbers?
I think you have to do the math and take it from Next Gen Stats. Here is an example of volume using Zeke and Henry.

Henry had 303 rushing attempts and faced stacked boxes 35.31%. Means he carried against a stacked box 107 times.
Zeke had 301 rushing attempts and faced stacked boxes 19.27%. He carried against a stacked box 58 times.

cern

Reaction score
Useless stat imo. Perhaps Zeke was a decoy on many of those plays.

khiladi

Reaction score
Alright. I'll bite.....what are the adjusted stats you were referring to? The "volume" you keep referencing? What are the actual numbers?

301 * .1927 = 56 rushing attempts

Joe Mixon rushed for 1137 yards and 8th in yards and attempts and ran against them at 7.91%.

Josh Jacobs ran into them at a 20.25 clip at 242 rushes. He was 8th total in yards. He faces stacked boxes of 8 or more 49 times. Despite the higher percentage, that’s six more times Zeke has ran into a stacked box.

If you are looking at the majority of high volume runners, like Carlos Hyde, it’s the same trend. They run a high volumes among the backs, it they don’t even reach the percentage of Zeke as far as stacked boxes go.

Peterson rushes for 211 times at a 29.38% rate, meaning 10% difference. That’s 61 stacked boxes.

khiladi

Reaction score
Plus, if you compare the receptions it’s not even close. Zeke caught 54 passes and Henry 18. There could have been stacked boxes not accounted for in that 54. And his reception numbers are much higher the last two years when he ran against stacked boxes ‘less’.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Useless stat imo. Perhaps Zeke was a decoy on many of those plays.

Zeke *should be* a decoy near the goal line. We should be threatening defenses with multiple threats near the goal line.

The point isn't that Dak is Walter Payton. The point is that running Dak is one of those threats that we have success with at the goal line.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The next touchdown Elliot gets should be celebrated with a Belly Dance.
V5c-Gcn-LLx3-Dk-Q.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
301 * .1927 = 56 rushing attempts

Joe Mixon rushed for 1137 yards and 8th in yards and attempts and ran against them at 7.91%.

Josh Jacobs ran into them at a 20.25 clip at 242 rushes. He was 8th total in yards. He faces stacked boxes of 8 or more 49 times. Despite the higher percentage, that’s six more times Zeke has ran into a stacked box.

If you are looking at the majority of high volume runners, like Carlos Hyde, it’s the same trend. They run a high volumes among the backs, it they don’t even reach the percentage of Zeke as far as stacked boxes go.

Peterson rushes for 211 times at a 29.38% rate, meaning 10% difference. That’s 61 stacked boxes.
So using your mouth Peterson took more of a volume than Zeke then right?

Plus, if you compare the receptions it’s not even close. Zeke caught 54 passes and Henry 18. There could have been stacked boxes not accounted for in that 54. And his reception numbers are much higher the last two years when he ran against stacked boxes ‘less’.

So you're telling me when you watch the Cowboys play that there were stacked boxes on those passing plays lol?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think you have to do the math and take it from Next Gen Stats. Here is an example of volume using Zeke and Henry.

Henry had 303 rushing attempts and faced stacked boxes 35.31%. Means he carried against a stacked box 107 times.
Zeke had 301 rushing attempts and faced stacked boxes 19.27%. He carried against a stacked box 58 times.
Oh I know but I wanted to hear his stats because he told me Zeke faced a stacked box more than anyone in the league based on volume and the numbers I'm getting don't represent that at all. So maybe my math is off.

aria

Reaction score
I said SINCE 2016. There's no running back that can say they're the best in all 4 of those years. Each one of those years there's a new guy. But Zeke has always been top 3-5 in the league. He's the only back that can say that in that same span.
He’s also the only RB that has had a top 5 run blocking O line 3 out of 4 years. I’d like to see his stats behind the Giants O line and I might actually be sold on him.

Sorry buddy, you know I can’t bite my tongue but that is nothing I haven’t said over and over again so I won’t say anything more and get the thread further off rail.

I like the stat you posted to start it off and think there is a lot of validity to it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing to straighten you out about. Do I think Dak is better with Zeke than without? Of course. Do I think Dak would flounder if Zeke was on the bench and Pollard was in? No. I doubt. There's no really true conclusive evidence to prove either point. The only time we've seen games where Zeke didn't play was either in 2017 or against lowly competition like the Giants two years go. We just haven't seen it. I don't think Dak is as reliant on Zeke playing well like he was in 2017.

Okay...fine...but I am really asking you about this "Dak is better when Zeke is out" stat. It's my opinion a QB can get more stats for himself with his #1 RB on the bench. I am certain it means the QB is going to Pass more often then not, which means he'll have better stats. I was wondering if you could put some context or meaning behind the stat you cited.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s also the only RB that has had a top 5 run blocking O line 3 out of 4 years. I’d like to see his stats behind the Giants O line and I might actually be sold on him.

Sorry buddy, you know I can’t bite my tongue but that is nothing I haven’t said over and over again so I won’t say anything more and get the thread further off rail.

I like the stat you posted to start it off and think there is a lot of validity to it.

What makes them a "top 5 run blocking O line"?

The RB being good? Hits the hole and creates "good run stats"?

This is what I mean when people just throw out stats they THINK proves their point. I admit...I don;t know enough about these stats but then I'm not USING them to prove any point either. Since you ARE.....you surely know what goes into making a "top 5 run blocking O line".

Do they count giant holes the RB misses? Do they subtract for missed blocking? What?