Highest rushing grades in goal to go situations since 2015

khiladi

Reaction score
So was the issue we weren't running enough? Because we ran him 29 times against the Rams and lost right before we played the lowly 49ers and Commanders...

You forgot the Chiefs game as well. And what’s your point? Did I say Dallas was invincible with Zeke
And could always overcome Dak? They also lost those games because Dak was mediocre.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
How could his efficiency SIGNIFICANTLY decline, when they started losing as soon as he was suspended. His YPR went up in 2017 and 2018.
You're not a dumb guy dude. You're smart enough to figure it out.

khiladi

Reaction score
I agree with that if you are trying to decipher averages....but this was a percentage stat. Even if Derrick Henry played 2 games his percentage wouldn't change. He is a focal part of their offense and faces a stacked box a lot. You can't hide that in this stat.

And you make no sense. You'd rather have Tannenhill who leans on Henry as opposed to Dak who doesn't lean on Zeke nearly as much?

You are dismissing this stat but fact is Zeke does not face a 8 man box more than anyone in the league and he actually faced it less than most starters.

Bit it would be meaningless to compare his 2 games with Zeke’s 16 games..

And again, Henry is a beast. And why couldn’t they produce with Mariotta?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If you want it to be then it is. Not really sure what' being argued. You said he hasn't been special but you have nothing to back that claim up because you said you don't care about stats. So I don't know what to tell you.
When did I say he hasn't been special? Maybe go back and reread what I said.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Myths?

LOL, Dallas has been a lousy red-zone team for a good while now. Perhaps you should watch the games.

This is a widely known fact accepted by everyone but you apparently.

Do you have any stats or no?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You forgot the Chiefs game as well. And what’s your point? Did I say Dallas was invincible with Zeke
And could always overcome Dak? They also lost those games because Dak was mediocre.
Well is that your stance? That Dak sucked in 2017? I never denied that. That's the biggest stain on his career is that season. It was his sophomore season he needed coaching more than anyone on this team that year in order to continue to progress. I don't feel like this team put him in the best position to succeed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

They couldn't produce because Mariota wasn't very good. Not because Tannenhill is great. Why couldn't Tannenhill produce in Miami?

It would not be meaningless if you are trying to figure out how many times they face a stacked box per game. On a per game basis this would not be meaningless.

You aren't going to admit that Zeke didn't face a stacked box more than anyone last year are you lol?

kskboys

Reaction score

They did. Just didn't give Henry the ball enough. He was 215/1059/12 TD's in 2018. 4.9 YPC.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Did you not say he hasn't been special since 2016? You said you expected him to be special when we drafted him right? Or am I making this up?
I never claimed he wasn't special. My whole point has been I expected him to be better than he actually has been. I expected him to perform at the 2016 level for a longer period of time. It's great he is getting volume and racking up some career total yards, but I would like him to be more efficient. Would you not like for him to be more efficient? Would you not like for him to regain his home run hitting abilities? If he were more efficient and able to hit home runs again, would you not consider him to be more special than he has been the last 3 years as compared to 2016?

It's like wanting more from what should be the best RB in the game is somehow a bad thing. I'd like for him to maximize his ability and I don't think he has done that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never claimed he wasn't special. My whole point has been I expected him to be better than he actually has been. I expected him to perform at the 2016 level for a longer period of time. It's great he is getting volume and racking up some career total yards, but I would like him to be more efficient. Would you not like for him to be more efficient? Would you not like for him to regain his home run hitting abilities? If he were more efficient and able to hit home runs again, would you not consider him to be more special than he has been the last 3 years as compared to 2016?

It's like wanting more from what should be the best RB in the game is somehow a bad thing. I'd like for him to maximize his ability and I don't think he has done that.
Ok I misunderstood then. So you think he's special he's just as good as you hoped for him to be?

khiladi

Reaction score
They couldn't produce because Mariota wasn't very good. Not because Tannenhill is great. Why couldn't Tannenhill produce in Miami?

It would not be meaningless if you are trying to figure out how many times they face a stacked box per game. On a per game basis this would not be meaningless.

You aren't going to admit that Zeke didn't face a stacked box more than anyone last year are you lol?

1. Tannehil had an OL and RG in Tennessee. It sounds like Dallas.

2. Zeke was top 10 in stacked boxes, by volume. You think it wears on you less, via more volume?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1. Tannehil had an OL and RG in Tennessee. It sounds like Dallas.

2. Zeke was top 10 in stacked boxes, by volume. You think it wears on you less, via more volume?
Did Mariotta not have that same offensive line?

So now you are saying Zeke is top 10 because earlier you said he faced them more than anyone in the league?

Let's just be honest here. Zeke facing a stacked box more than anyone else on a per game basis is a myth created by someone in the media or someone who doesn't watch he games. If you watch them he doesn't face a stacked box nearly as much as they want you to believe. That jus was not the case in 2019.

khiladi

Reaction score
They did. Just didn't give Henry the ball enough. He was 215/1059/12 TD's in 2018. 4.9 YPC.

You do realize the Titans were 2-4 with Mariotta and just got shut-out the game he was benched and only scored 7 the prior game this last season, while Henry started every game. They then went 9-4 and Tannehil was basically the best QB in the league rating wise in the last seven games or so.

And again, Henry is a beast. But no way he’s run the same amount of volume Zeke has in four years.
So Zeke has still been facing them at way more volume and often predictably into them more than anybody else, often times because of the QB.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Did Mariotta not have that same offensive line?

So now you are saying Zeke is top 10 because earlier you said he faced them more than anyone in the league?

Let's just be honest here. Zeke facing a stacked box more than anyone else on a per game basis is a myth created by someone in the media or someone who doesn't watch he games. If you watch them he doesn't face a stacked box nearly as much as they want you to believe. That jus was not the case in 2019.

Let’s be HONEST here. Actual amount of times is VOLUME, not %. % is NOT a real number.

And I said Zeke is still AMONG the highest in the league in terms of volume, and I said top 10 and that’s from what I recall. And one of the reasons the deep ball is so effective in Dallas. Zeke may not be RUNNING against stacked boxes as much as earlier years, but teams are still stacking the box to try and stop him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let’s be HONEST here. Actual amount of times is VOLUME, not %, so Zeke is still among the highest in the league in terms of volume.
Alright. I'll bite.....what are the adjusted stats you were referring to? The "volume" you keep referencing? What are the actual numbers?