Highest rushing grades in goal to go situations since 2015

khiladi

Reaction score
Those were all coaching disasters....that Bronco's game was a coaching MESS. That whole season was a coaching mess. And that's also arguably Dak's worse season. He struggled that year no doubt.

So Dallas won when Linehan fed the rock to Zeke, right?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well give me something to agree to disagree on. You are saying Zeke isn't special. I'm saying he produces like a special back. No one has better stats than him and you said stats don't mean anything. So I guess this is an agree to disagree. You got it champ.
I am of the opinion he has under performed what he is capable of. You don't. We disagree. Neither are changing our minds. It really isn't this difficult, is it?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With all due respect...I think this is a case of using a stat...misusing? ...without really getting into the CONTEXT of it. I know, I know...there was a big hub bub thread awhile ago. And I believe I said the same thing then.

Which is...wouldn't a QB have more plays and better stats...like QBR....when it's on him to make a play? When zeke is on the field....he's gonna hand off to zeke alot. That's not a Dak-stat generator. When he's off the field...probably gonna throw. Which SHOULD be a HUGE increase in potential stats.

It SEEMS like you are making a case against Zeke (or perhaps FOR Dak?) when it's the natural order of things.

Follow me? Or set me straight on the matter. I suppose we could find the same stat for other QB's?
Nothing to straighten you out about. Do I think Dak is better with Zeke than without? Of course. Do I think Dak would flounder if Zeke was on the bench and Pollard was in? No. I doubt. There's no really true conclusive evidence to prove either point. The only time we've seen games where Zeke didn't play was either in 2017 or against lowly competition like the Giants two years go. We just haven't seen it. I don't think Dak is as reliant on Zeke playing well like he was in 2017.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And he averaged less per carry than Zeke, by YPC. And of course it matters, because of WORKLOAD.
Great. That further proves it wasn't stacked boxes that prevented Zeke from averaging 4.8 ypc like Alfred did.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nothing to straighten you out about. Do I think Dak is better with Zeke than without? Of course. Do I think Dak would flounder if Zeke was on the bench and Pollard was in? No. I doubt. There's no really true conclusive evidence to prove either point. The only time we've seen games where Zeke didn't play was either in 2017 or against lowly competition like the Giants two years go. We just haven't seen it. I don't think Dak is as reliant on Zeke playing well like he was in 2017.

This is reasonable opinion to have. I also think Dak was better last year than his other years. But I think any average QB can reproduce Dak’s numbers with this talent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is reasonable opinion to have. I also think Dak was better last year than his other years.
I think so too which is why I feel like he's more equipped. And I feel like with Garrett out of here he's even more equipped now than before. Also with some consistency at OC hopefully with Moore.

khiladi

Reaction score
When in 2017? 2017 was a disaster until they went on a mini-streak that started when they upset the Chiefs. 2017 was a failure just like 2019.

And how many times did Zeke rush the all against the Chiefs and on that 3 game run? Remember my statement about after the Denver game, when Linehan took the ball out of Dak’s hands... When did that start?

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke's performance significantly declined from 2016 to 2017. It was apparent yet people still can't admit it.

Zeke was suspended for six games.. His impact on the team surely didn’t.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And how many times did Zeke rush the all against the Chiefs and on that 3 game run? Remember my statement about after the Denver game, when Linehan took the ball out of Dak’s hands... When did that start?
So was the issue we weren't running enough? Because we ran him 29 times against the Rams and lost right before we played the lowly 49ers and Commanders...

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm aware. Let me restate. His efficiency significantly declined from 2016 to 2017. It was apparent.

How could his efficiency SIGNIFICANTLY decline, when they started losing as soon as he was suspended. His YPR went up in 2017 and 2018.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because of VOLUME.. Because the guys using the stats are in the business of collecting data and you need to know what your adjusting for and what your talking about. It makes no sense to use Hambrick’s plus 5 YPC over Emmitt Smith 4-5..

And yes, Henry did and Henry is a BEAST, but Zeke has out rushes him by far over a four year span and I’d rather have Tannehil than Dak.
I agree with that if you are trying to decipher averages....but this was a percentage stat. Even if Derrick Henry played 2 games his percentage wouldn't change. He is a focal part of their offense and faces a stacked box a lot. You can't hide that in this stat.

And you make no sense. You'd rather have Tannenhill who leans on Henry as opposed to Dak who doesn't lean on Zeke nearly as much?

You are dismissing this stat but fact is Zeke does not face a 8 man box more than anyone in the league and he actually faced it less than most starters.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am of the opinion he has under performed what he is capable of. You don't. We disagree. Neither are changing our minds. It really isn't this difficult, is it?
If you want it to be then it is. Not really sure what' being argued. You said he hasn't been special but you have nothing to back that claim up because you said you don't care about stats. So I don't know what to tell you.