Recommended Hill suspension reduced to 1 game

visionary

Reaction score
I’m fine with one game.

I realize others have done worse and gotten less fines/suspensions, but Hill punching someone after a game is ridiculous. I don’t care if he thinks he had good reason, it’s a testament of his maturity.. or lack there of.

Hill is a decent player, but he’ll never capture his full potential being an emotional idiot. Hopefully one game suspension without pay will make him think twice.

not will do nothing of the sort

what happens when you coddle an immature idiot?
Hint: it does not bring maturity

Creeper

Reaction score
I think 1 game is fair. If he punched the guy during the game he would have been ejected, even if it was the first play of the game so throwing a punch after the game warrants a 1 game suspension. Hopefully Hill learns a lessons about not acting so stupidly.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There was actually a typo in the NFL’s response letter to Hill. They meant to say “your suspension is now 11 games not 1 as previously indicated.”

morasp

Reaction score
From what I've seen he's been playing well. It would be fun to see him and Gallimore in there on passing downs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a garbage draft pick. Almost 3 years into his rookie contract and his claim to fame is sleeping during a team meeting, being injured often, and punching someone after a game. Of course Rod wanted him because he believed he could save his maturity and character issues ("uhh I can reach these youngins and turn them around")

What a stupid post.
Injured often? He had ONE major injury. That in itself makes this a stupid statement.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He's looked like the best DT out there with Odighiuwa hitting the rookie wall.

You will never get people who are dug in on the "bust" declaration to admit that Hill is playing well. When he ran Jacobs down on that screen I about jumped through my ceiling. That's the guy I been talkin about. The kid has a serious motor and a very nice tool set. He just needs seasoning.. because he came into the league at age 20 with a lot of growing up to do.. If they can reign in his emotions and hone his technique he has a chance to be a good player.

One thing though.. People need to stop calling what he did a "punch." I don't know about yall, but I have never punched anybody with an open hand. That's a slap.. which is VERY different than than a punch and can't do anywhere near as much damage, especially to a guy's helmet. Yes it was a stupid act, but I still don't think it was worth a damn suspension given the many instances of worse we've seen against our own guys and around the league..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m fine with one game.

I realize others have done worse and gotten less fines/suspensions, but Hill punching someone after a game is ridiculous. I don’t care if he thinks he had good reason, it’s a testament of his maturity.. or lack there of.

Hill is a decent player, but he’ll never capture his full potential being an emotional idiot. Hopefully one game suspension without pay will make him think twice.
He may have had a good reason to punch the guy. I'm not making any judgement because I don't know what transpired between the 2. Bottom line he's out for a game.

CWR

Reaction score
Wow, I'm actually really surprised by this.

Creeper

Reaction score
"It takes a lot of discipline to unclench a fist." - Dan Quinn

You have to love this guy.

Tussinman

Reaction score
What a stupid post.
Injured often? He had ONE major injury. That in itself makes this a stupid statement.
This a joke right ? I didn't say he was on the operation table every other week, I said he's missed alot of time due to injury

If you miss signficant time in 2 out of your 3 seasons due to injury then that literally means your often hurt. It doesn't matter if it's a single injury that's lingering, your still LITERALLY missing time and showing up on the injury report often

Your twisting my statement and grasping for straws then trying to discredit everything else I said which isn't how this works
Dont forget the alligator roll
I'm sure someone will rush in here and have an excuse for this as well (surprised by the amount of people that are defending this clown)

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Shouldn’t be. Two games was egregious to begin win.

Just allows the league to win by looking like they are helping by reducing it to one game … when in reality it should’ve been none.

Egregious? There was precedence with the Bears receiver who went haywire during a game last year. He got ejected from that game, got 2 games off, and had his suspension upheld. Surprised Hill got his reduced but now that Bears player has a gripe. Why does Goodell hate the Bears? Lol.

Carson

Reaction score
Egregious? There was precedence with the Bears receiver who went haywire during a game last year. He got ejected from that game, got 2 games off, and had his suspension upheld. Surprised Hill got his reduced but now that Bears player has a gripe. Why does Goodell hate the Bears? Lol.
Two punches thrown by Mims as opposed to one punch. They also were granted a roster exemption for those two games. So they lost a bottom feeder roster player and we’re able to fill the need for those two games.

We get your agenda man. We can argue this all day and you likely have.

Anti Cowboys = NO WAY EVER. It’s not always cut and dry but there are times the league is unfair.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This a joke right ? I didn't say he was on the operation table every other week, I said he's missed alot of time due to injury

If you miss signficant time in 2 out of your 3 seasons due to injury then that literally means your often hurt. It doesn't matter if it's a single injury that's lingering, your still LITERALLY missing time and showing up on the injury report often

Your twisting my statement and grasping for straws then trying to discredit everything else I said which isn't how this works

Often inured...means multiple injuries and missing time...you know, like Romo was often injured.
Hill....ONE injury...a major injury. Meaning you will miss significant time. Last time I knew often does not mean one time. Did that change?
So I guess Dak is often injured also then. One major injury, and missed one game for his calf.
DLaw, yes, he is often injured.

I am twisting nothing. I am grasping nothing. Oh well, doesn't matter, we each had our say.
I am just glad they all will be back for the WFT game. DLaw, Hill, Gregory. We will need them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Because Goodell loves GB, and is in fear of them beating GB. :laugh:
Well, ok don't laugh too much. :muttley:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m fine with one game.

I also agree, it's unacceptable. Would set an example if Dallas enacted more accountability.

CWR

Reaction score
Shouldn’t be. Two games was egregious to begin win.

Just allows the league to win by looking like they are helping by reducing it to one game … when in reality it should’ve been none.

Shouldn't be, but when's the last time we won an appeal? It feels like it never makes a difference.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Often inured...means multiple injuries and missing time...you know, like Romo was often injured.
Hill....ONE injury...a major injury. Meaning you will miss significant time. Last time I knew often does not mean one time. Did that change?
So I guess Dak is often injured also then. One major injury, and missed one game for his calf.
DLaw, yes, he is often injured.

I am twisting nothing. I am grasping nothing. Oh well, doesn't matter, we each had our say.
I am just glad they all will be back for the WFT game. DLaw, Hill, Gregory. We will need them.
I see what your saying but it really doesn't change the overall meaning of the post. At best I could change it to "often on the injury report" instead of "often injured" but the overall point is the exact same. I do agree that December needs to be a big month for defensive players coming back (Gallimore, D-law, Gregory) if they want a playoff push