Recommended Hill suspension reduced to 1 game

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Hill was a project pick. Should not have been taken in the 2nd.

That being said, since we picked him, there is simply no reason to not let it play out. As you said, he's had some good play and could be a force in the future.

I'm okay with the label project pick. In hindsight at this moment he should of gone later in the draft over how his career has played out so far, but the beautiful thing about it is he still has the chance to reverse that and be a pick we can't believe we got with a 2nd round pick. That alone is a reason I think labeling him a garbage pick is nothing more then just wanting to complain.

Tussinman

Reaction score
He is in his 3rd year and got a big injury in his 2nd season. I don't see how that can instantly become a "garbage pick". When he has played this season he has actually looked pretty serviceable. I imagine you also hate Randy Gregory and think of him as a "garbage pick" but truth be told. If we win the whole thing this year it will only happen with a healthy Randy Gregory. He is one of the best defensive players on this team and we will not win in the playoffs without him. Gregory...he is 29 years old. Hill.... 23, a baby. Just beginning his NFL career, but giving up on him is so easy to you because you just don't like the guy or team who picked him. I say give him some time. Why not? What will it hurt to just let him get some starts under him and see what he really has before calling him a "garbage pick" at the grand age of........... 23. That's just wanting to hate. Nothing more nothing less.
I don't hate Gregory (actually played in the JCC Dallas basketball league with him) but I'm not a fan of project 2nd round picks.

The biggest bonus of 1st and 2nd round picks is getting 3 to 5 years of solid starting reps for an affordable price.

If players like Hill and Gregory take until the final year of there deals to be viable full time starters then that's kinda negating the advantage of the pick and the deal. 1 year of full time starting reps and then boom, if you like them well good luck your now in a free agency bidding war..........

If we win the whole thing this year it will only happen with a healthy Randy Gregory. He is one of the best defensive players on this team and we will not win in the playoffs without him.
But it goes both ways with this logic. You could easily spin the narrative as "if the cowboys had drafted a solid safety or run stuffing DT instead of a project in Gregory then maybe they actually advance to the championship game in 2016 and 2018".

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Not to mention this incident. Sucker punch a guy and run backwards. Just the kinda guy you want on your team. I would respected him so much more if he went after him more than to run back.

Remember when Carmello Anthony punched someone then ran around the whole gym running away. LOL

freemanjc19

Reaction score
I’m fine with one game.

I realize others have done worse and gotten less fines/suspensions, but Hill punching someone after a game is ridiculous. I don’t care if he thinks he had good reason, it’s a testament of his maturity.. or lack there of.

Hill is a decent player, but he’ll never capture his full potential being an emotional idiot. Hopefully one game suspension without pay will make him think twice.

You add me at "emotional idiot"!

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I’m fine with one game.

I realize others have done worse and gotten less fines/suspensions, but Hill punching someone after a game is ridiculous. I don’t care if he thinks he had good reason, it’s a testament of his maturity.. or lack there of.

Hill is a decent player, but he’ll never capture his full potential being an emotional idiot. Hopefully one game suspension without pay will make him think twice.

After the game you see a ton of camaraderie between foes who have just battled each other. It’s great to see opposing players laugh and hug together. Throwing a punch at the time, if that’s when he did it, is pretty low. Maybe his doing it during the time that has historically been a time of brotherhood.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Shocks me they didn’t keep the 2 game and suspend Elliot for a game for asking for a appeal..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
After the game you see a ton of camaraderie between foes who have just battled each other. It’s great to see opposing players laugh and hug together. Throwing a punch at the time, if that’s when he did it, is pretty low. Maybe his doing it during the time that has historically been a time of brotherhood.

One it was an open hand slap not a punch and two it was after he had already backed away from the guy at least 5 steps but the guy never stopped coming at him. Don't let people paint you a false picture of what happened,.. Watch the clip yourself and you can see that the other guy was actually the aggressor in that confrontation.. contrary to what the NFL's bogus letter said.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
One it was an open hand slap not a punch and two it was after he had already backed away from the guy at least 5 steps but the guy never stopped coming at him. Don't let people paint you a false picture of what happened,.. Watch the clip yourself and you can see that the other guy was actually the aggressor in that confrontation.. contrary to what the NFL's bogus letter said.

Never saw clip but your description sounds a lot different than one would assume. Thanks.

conner01

Reaction score
He should not get a suspension should be fine only they still screwed him
I’d like to see other comparable situations and see how they were handled
It was a punch that knocked his helmet off and under the rule knocking off a players helmet is considered more serious than just a punch
But I don’t know how other comparable issues have been handled

conner01

Reaction score
A slap or closed fist is considered the same under the rules
The fact he backed up may be part of consideration to lower it to one game
The knocking his helmet off with slap or punch is a significant factor

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Trysten Hill just became the first cowboy do get a suspension reduced by the NFL in the Goodell era! o_O

lostar2009

Reaction score
What a garbage draft pick. Almost 3 years into his rookie contract and his claim to fame is sleeping during a team meeting, being injured often, and punching someone after a game. Of course Rod wanted him because he believed he could save his maturity and character issues ("uhh I can reach these youngins and turn them around")

Yeah that year we shouldve gotten a db.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Never saw clip but your description sounds a lot different than one would assume. Thanks.

The clip was posted on the previous page here.. It was from a tweet by Mike Fisher I think of a fan's phone video of the incident.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Trysten Hill just became the first cowboy do get a suspension reduced by the NFL in the Goodell era! o_O

I bet if the video of the guy walking into him chest bumpin while Hill walks backward never comes out the NFL never reduces it at all. Mike Fisher and that fan basically shamed Goodell into this..