Recommended Hill suspension reduced to 1 game

RonnieT24

Reaction score
"It takes a lot of discipline to unclench a fist." - Dan Quinn

You have to love this guy.

LOL!!! I do.. Dude would have a Super Bowl ring as a HC and probably still have the job if Kyle Shanahan would have just taken the air out of the ball when they were up 28-3 in the Super Bowl.. The same Kyle Shanahan who kept letting Garrappolo throw the ball against KC when he was up 20-10 in the middle of the 4th quarter and averaging 7 yards per carry on the ground. I forget who said it but it really is true.. more games are LOST by one team than are actually won by the other.

Rayman70

Reaction score

just win Thursday. No one cares about anything after that. Tired of the narrative that reads " wait til we get so and so back" yada yada yada. We been dealing with that crap for many years. No one will save this team but the players that suit up. Get it done fellas.

stiletto

Reaction score
I’m fine with one game.

I realize others have done worse and gotten less fines/suspensions, but Hill punching someone after a game is ridiculous. I don’t care if he thinks he had good reason, it’s a testament of his maturity.. or lack there of.

Hill is a decent player, but he’ll never capture his full potential being an emotional idiot. Hopefully one game suspension without pay will make him think twice.

I personally think he and others deserve more than two games but then I see similar videos where the players just get a slap on the wrist, so Hill should have gotten the same type penalty. If the NFL was just consistent it would help a lot.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rodgers in a Dallas Uniform sure might cure what ails us or at least mask it for a season. Just sayin..2022 could be interesting. That said, Dak is my guy until he proves me wrong. Time for him to win and stop the chatter.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
My post history has been the complete opposite of "only here to complain" so don't try to pull that card.

It was a reach pick with a player who had and still has maturity issues. Almost 3 years into his deal and his claim to fame so far is sleeping during a meeting, not being on the field (either not good enough or injured) and punching somone after a game.

That's not hating that's just facts. It was a controversial pick then and it still is now. Unfortunately these 2nd round reach picks have been VERY common the last 10 years, especially on the defensive side

He is in his 3rd year and got a big injury in his 2nd season. I don't see how that can instantly become a "garbage pick". When he has played this season he has actually looked pretty serviceable. I imagine you also hate Randy Gregory and think of him as a "garbage pick" but truth be told. If we win the whole thing this year it will only happen with a healthy Randy Gregory. He is one of the best defensive players on this team and we will not win in the playoffs without him. Gregory...he is 29 years old. Hill.... 23, a baby. Just beginning his NFL career, but giving up on him is so easy to you because you just don't like the guy or team who picked him. I say give him some time. Why not? What will it hurt to just let him get some starts under him and see what he really has before calling him a "garbage pick" at the grand age of........... 23. That's just wanting to hate. Nothing more nothing less.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So almost 3 seasons into his career and all we can say is "occasional flash", "preseason warrior", and use terms like "when given the opportunity" because he's either been not good enough to be on the field or injured.......

There's not much confusion into "this thinking" That's not good for a mid 2nd round pick, especially when there was better defensive players on the board. It was a bad reach pick influenced by Rod who thought he could just coach him up mentally (yeah seems like that worked great, 3 years later he's over here punching people after a game).
You do know Hill got hurt last year which delayed his development?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rodgers in a Dallas Uniform sure might cure what ails us or at least mask it for a season. Just sayin..2022 could be interesting. That said, Dak is my guy until he proves me wrong. Time for him to win and stop the chatter.

Rodgers and McCarthy....a recipe for disaster.

kskboys

Reaction score
He is in his 3rd year and got a big injury in his 2nd season. I don't see how that can instantly become a "garbage pick". When he has played this season he has actually looked pretty serviceable. I imagine you also hate Randy Gregory and think of him as a "garbage pick" but truth be told. If we win the whole thing this year it will only happen with a healthy Randy Gregory. He is one of the best defensive players on this team and we will not win in the playoffs without him. Gregory...he is 29 years old. Hill.... 23, a baby. Just beginning his NFL career, but giving up on him is so easy to you because you just don't like the guy or team who picked him. I say give him some time. Why not? What will it hurt to just let him get some starts under him and see what he really has before calling him a "garbage pick" at the grand age of........... 23. That's just wanting to hate. Nothing more nothing less.
Hill was a project pick. Should not have been taken in the 2nd.

That being said, since we picked him, there is simply no reason to not let it play out. As you said, he's had some good play and could be a force in the future.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nah. Rodgers owns the Bears. He said so himself.

Gawd that was dumb of him. Not to mention classless. If I were on the Bears, I'd target him, even if it gets a penalty. I'd smash him to the ground every chance I got.

Robster8989

Reaction score
I’m fine with one game.

I realize others have done worse and gotten less fines/suspensions, but Hill punching someone after a game is ridiculous. I don’t care if he thinks he had good reason, it’s a testament of his maturity.. or lack there of.

Hill is a decent player, but he’ll never capture his full potential being an emotional idiot. Hopefully one game suspension without pay will make him think twice.

Very well said.
Just a immature move by an immature player.
I understand there are examples of others players doing similar and not getting suspended, but we really need to stop drafting knuckleheads. They will pick on you dude, because you are such a knucklehead. Be smarter.
I mean he loses his first year because he falls asleep in a meeting and spends the year in the dog house. His 2nd year shows promise but he is lost to injury. So this is his chance. He comes back and is very lucky that there are snaps to be had. He gets snaps and shows some promise. Then he does this and gets suspended. I hope he comes back and plays well, we need him.

Joseph is another one of concern. Comes in, doesn't impress much in camp, ok, it happens. Gets injured, not his fault. Finally gets healthy and starts to get some snaps. Takes a personal leave, I totally understand, again not his fault, then comes back and gets into a scuffle and gets ejected. Again, be smarter than that. With Brown's horrible game last week, Joseph could have earned a starting opportunity had his year gone differently than it has. We needed that from him, that is why we drated him early in round 2. To start, just like Diggs. Instead he's down the depth chart. He still has time of course and I remain hopeful. Just frustrating when you see other corners, like Newsome and Samuel, who were drafted in his range, starting and playing well for other teams.

I'm still hopeful both of them can be solid players for us going forward, but Jeesh, stop being knuckleheads. Show some damn discipline.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The officiating is what's wrong. They're all over the place. Nothing is ever consistent.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nice how the league decides to suspend our guy but Toney from the Giants gets nothing. Well done NFL, such a corrupt business.
They are territorial mafioso members. Thats the truth. No difference between the NFL and todays politicians. Just look at the huge discrepancies with the refs and how each crew calls the games in the NFL. The outcomes are "soft rigged" if u will. ...and guided by the NFL higher ups.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The officiating is what's wrong. They're all over the place. Nothing is ever consistent.
And when 60 year old men are chasing elite athletes and expected to make a split second call without the benefit of slow motion...one should expect it to fail. And often.

If they implement a foolproof system, which fully exists, it will limit their ability to control games when they want to.

The league clearly wanted the TG game to be close, no matter what.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And when 60 year old men are chasing elite athletes and expected to make a split second call without the benefit of slow motion...one should expect it to fail. And often.

If they implement a foolproof system, which fully exists, it will limit their ability to control games when they want to.

The league clearly wanted the TG game to be close, no matter what.
like I said "soft rigged"...this happens alot by design.