Ooouuu - Young Ma

Young Dro - "We in Da City"

Chief Keef - "Bouncin"

21 Savage ft. Future - "X"

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
That last video, while not bad, is not hip-hop.... But most people use hip-hop as an umbrella that includes all styles of rap. I don't. No disrespect intended.
Aw no it's cool. I didn't know if you were referring to some of the random R&B or horrorcore thrown in at times. I hear ya.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Hip-hop and rap really aren't the same thing. Just saying.
Fair enough but I think most people don't care about blurring those lines. Especially fans that listen to mostly unconscious mainstream music.

If you want to talk about differences and confusions with subgenres, try also being a EDM fan. Lol

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Fair enough but I think most people don't care about blurring those lines. Especially fans that listen to mostly unconscious mainstream music.

If you want to talk about differences and confusions with subgenres, try also being a EDM fan. Lol
The ol' school saying was rap is talking on what you "know/lived", whereas hip/hop is "showing" you lived it wo the stripes (persona), etc. DC-UG is all I really listen to tbh nowadays but don't make clean versions, etc. I say it's all good either way tbh (hard genre to post songs for in general and in a "TX. forum", etc.;)) to each their own and post what you like. Dude can flow, but try to find the clean versions next round, etc.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The newest Danny Brown album is amazing.

Run the Jewels released RTJ3 early and its free. Good as expected.

I did a hip-hop show at Stanford (KZSU 90.1) for about three years back in the late 90s. I had El-P (now of RTJ fame) on my show back when he was with a crew called Company Flow (legends in their own right). I remember sitting in his crew's minivan listening to some new track they had coming out; one of the highlights of my time there.