Hip Hop Music Thread

GIFTS86

Reaction score
What the hell why not. 90's is where it's at. Bone thugs is by far the best. Only thing I turn on anymore. Knight riduz, we're twisted but like that. Uncle Sams curse was a great one. There are so many that people don't know who above the law is lol

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Have y'all heard the last and final A Tribe Called Quest? It's Fire! Classic Tribe sound. There's even a Tony Romo/Witten line by Phife Dawg. If you don't know who Tribe is, don't ever post in this thread again.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
What the hell why not. 90's is where it's at. Bone thugs is by far the best. Only thing I turn on anymore. Knight riduz, we're twisted but like that. Uncle Sams curse was a great one. There are so many that people don't know who above the law is lol
I know about horrorcore; Three Six touched on that avenue before going to gangsta rap. Above the Law is a little rougher to find clean stuff to post on here. Kneight Riduz were a little different (they went all in; grunge sound with rap pace/beat). Always felt Brotha Lynch Hung was king of horrorcore (that Sac town stuff and Memphis definitely; but know it continued in success more so in the MW). Manson family is a Memphis underground version of Above the Law.

The Rap industry moved away from it bc they felt that demographic would sway towards Grunge, Heavy Metal, etc. when that proved not always the case with success stories like Tech N9ne, Brotha Lynch Hung (ish on success), ICP, 36 underground tapes bf goin towards gangsta rap, etc. Koopsta Knicca of 36 went back to horrorcore after leaving the group. I'll admit I only tend to like horrorcore if it's infused with gangsta rap (stories). Agree with ya on Bone; they were one of my faves in the 90s too; this generation couldn't keep up with their pace:D.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I know about horrorcore; Three Six touched on that avenue before going to gangsta rap. Above the Law is a little rougher to find clean stuff to post on here. Kneight Riduz were a little different (they went all in; grunge sound with rap pace/beat). Always felt Brotha Lynch Hung was king of horrorcore (that Sac town stuff and Memphis definitely; but know it continued in success more so in the MW). Manson family is a Memphis underground version of Above the Law.

The Rap industry moved away from it bc they felt that demographic would sway towards Grunge, Heavy Metal, etc. when that proved not always the case with success stories like Tech N9ne, Brotha Lynch Hung (ish on success), ICP, 36 underground tapes bf goin towards gangsta rap, etc. Koopsta Knicca of 36 went back to horrorcore after leaving the group. I'll admit I only tend to like horrorcore if it's infused with gangsta rap (stories). Agree with ya on Bone; they were one of my faves in the 90s too; this generation couldn't keep up with their pace:D.

Don't forget about the originators of horrorcore...the Gravediggaz

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Hey Daillest,
Hard to find a clean Apostle's Warning surprisingly.
Mobb Deep - "Get Away"

"G.O.D. Pt. III"

"Bloodsport"

"Nightime Vultures ft. Raekrwon"

"Can't Get Enough of It"

Last edited: