Hip Hop Music Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I have a really hard time with new hip-hop, rap, whatever you want to call it. I grew up through my teens in the 90s, which, I consider the pinnacle of rap. It fell way, WAY, off in the late 2000s imo.
No denying that 90s rap was better/deeper. I've already exhausted my older clean tracks on this thread and majority are definitely 90s, this is mostly UG rap that's "aiight" to me. I liked mostly southern 90s but loved Bone, NY, LA rappers too. SpringsDaMan has most of the good rap in the thread admittedly.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Been listening to Slim Shady LP the past few days. Such a classic album. I couldn't imagine something like that coming out today. It was even controversial back in the late 90s/early 00s.
Agree, Eminem is a natural but could see his darker content (Kim stuff esp) getting him labeled this and that in today's mainstream, etc. A lot of rap (esp modern) degrades women a lot, but EM would almost get too specific regarding violence against Kim even with it being obv. fantasy-storytelling. We thought Hardy was bad...Em can paint a picture. Trap/dark/ug rap is your only counter to mainstream and both are watered down for the most part; more so recently like Slammed referenced.

Last edited:

kimrose

Reaction score
No denying that 90s rap was better/deeper. I've already exhausted my older clean tracks on this thread and majority are definitely 90s, this is mostly UG rap that's "aiight" to me. I liked mostly southern 90s but loved Bone, NY, LA rappers too. SpringsDaMan has most of the good rap in the thread admittedly.

Co-sign, and will add in the 80s rap for myself, as you well know, Big. LOL. The exhausted all I can post part, too. lol. Being a teen in the 80s and being a part of the original growth of the genre, I can never turn my back on the forerunners, the pioneers of the industry. Yeah, Big, Ron has an incredibly wide range and good taste in music, doesn't he?? I miss our good ole fun times. We had some groovy nights here, didn't we?? :D
:dance:

Where the heck is Ron, anyways?? Hadn't seen him around in quite a long while now. :(

My homage to some of The Godfathers of the Industry.....and all re-posts, of course lol

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Co-sign, and will add in the 80s rap for myself, as you well know, Big. LOL. The exhausted all I can post part, too. lol. Being a teen in the 80s and being a part of the original growth of the genre, I can never turn my back on the forerunners, the pioneers of the industry. Yeah, Big, Ron has an incredibly wide range and good taste in music, doesn't he?? I miss our good ole fun times. We had some groovy nights here, didn't we?? :D
:dance:

Where the heck is Ron, anyways?? Hadn't seen him around in quite a long while now. :(

My homage to some of The Godfathers of the Industry.....and all re-posts, of course lol

So good Kim, all classics. And a Happy New Year to you and Lane :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Ol school UG South (Memphis/HOU 90s mostly)

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
For Denim/Danny Brown fans (eccentric kat:D) but definitely has skills w a difft. sound.
Relly Rel

Tight

Last edited: