Hiring Mike Zimmer was a dumb move

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Everything about this team is a bad decision.

Jerry purchasing the team
Jerry signing Dak not only once, but TWICE
Jerry signing Ceedee
Jerry resigning Zeke
Jerry saying “I like our guys”
Jerry hiring MM
Jerry hiring Mike Sclownheimer
Micah talking entitled every week
D-law talking entitled every week
Dak telling us to “jump off the bandwagon” as if anyone is in their bandwagon in the first place :rolleyes:.

I could go on. This team is a joke. The bad decisions are all a part of their clown/circus act. They are modeled to be the laughing stock of the league and they are doing just that.

Swanny

Reaction score
I never liked this hire. Dude was out the league for a reason and the only reason he was hired was:

1. Hes a familiar face

2. He would pose no threat to the Head Coach’s job

This defense is just lost out there. They dont tackle well. They arent covering anybody. This looks worse than Mike Nolan’s defense.
GROZ 2.0 starting early this time around

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The Ravens DC got the Seattle HC job so Baltimore hires a guy who’s 32 to replace him . Reminds me of NO getting a young OC in Kubiak . Jerry doesn’t seem to think outside the box . When you’re older you like what’s comfortable . If MM washes out this year the next HC hire will be fascinating.
At this point, i dont even want Belichick. We need to stop w these old retreads

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
At the end of the game if Diggs isn't 5 yards away from the receiver I think we win it. We just don't play smart football on defense.

I'm glad we never signed Diggs to a large contract...oh wait.
Soft coverages have been a complaint of Zimmer defenses going back to his last time in Dallas. Not sure if its a Diggs issue or a Zimmer issue...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never liked this hire. Dude was out the league for a reason and the only reason he was hired was:

1. Hes a familiar face

2. He would pose no threat to the Head Coach’s job

This defense is just lost out there. They dont tackle well. They arent covering anybody. This looks worse than Mike Nolan’s defense.
We knew it was dumb but your head coach has no contract. It was slim pickings. No good coach was gonna come on this staff.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Who else is coming to a lame duck head coach on a one year deal? This is a function of the dysfunctional front office. Mike M had no say in this.

Also, Zimmer has a trash roster to work with. Rookies and cast offs.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
His hiring was the DC equivalent of the McCarthy HC hiring. A name has-been in need of a job that would be happy to accommodate Jerry's ego and meddling.

Aven8

Reaction score
At this point, i dont even want Belichick. We need to stop w these old retreads
Bill wouldn’t allow this crap. He would have a different game plan each week and use #11 all over the place. The offense would be his shortfall IMO. But having said that I would think he would want ball control and a running game. Similar to what Tomlin does.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Lol that was funny people were hyping that win as if we faced some juggernaut
yep, week 1's opponent was a gift...Watson didn't play in preseason, and they were missing both OTs and their star RB. So that was certainly not a true test for this defense, and they still didn't dominate them as well as they should have. How many sacks did the Giants have against them today???? Decidedly more than the Cowboys.