Hiring Mike Zimmer was a dumb move

calico

Reaction score
Yeah it was. I said it at the time and was told he would fix the run problems lmao.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never liked this hire. Dude was out the league for a reason and the only reason he was hired was:

1. Hes a familiar face

2. He would pose no threat to the Head Coach’s job

This defense is just lost out there. They dont tackle well. They arent covering anybody. This looks worse than Mike Nolan’s defense.
I would blame Zimmer more if we didn't see the same pathetic defensive performance in Quinns last game. This is a personnel issue. A defense is only as good as its weakest link.........and we a lot of competition for that moniker.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Bill wouldn’t allow this crap. He would have a different game plan each week and use #11 all over the place. The offense would be his shortfall IMO. But having said that I would think he would want ball control and a running game. Similar to what Tomlin does.
Bill wouldnt be able to do anything with Mazi Smith and Jordan Phillips getting pushed back 10 yards every play though

Aven8

Reaction score
Bill wouldnt be able to do anything with Mazi Smith and Jordan Phillips getting pushed back 10 yards every play though
He wouldn’t have them on the field or roster at all. He would influence. For the likes we haven’t seen since Big Bill. That’s truly the only way. Unfortunately…..

nobody

Reaction score
Look, I think a lot of you are missing one of the major reasons. What up and coming future great DC or Coach would WANT to work for Jerry knowing how Jerry runs things? They wouldn't get the control that they needed. Jerry meddles too much. So Jerry is forced to pick from a more limited pool of coaches.

quickccc

Reaction score
I never liked this hire. Dude was out the league for a reason and the only reason he was hired was:

1. Hes a familiar face

This defense is just lost out there. They dont tackle well. They arent covering anybody. This looks worse than Mike Nolan’s defense.

What would have been your other option ?

Would you rather have had Rob Ryan ..?

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Zimmer absolutely is A problem. This defense isnt just being out talented by the other team. The defense is getting fooled left and right and refuses to tackle.

Its night and day from last year
They look lost. Idk if it’s a scheme or personnel problem but the defensive breakdowns are mind boggling.

khiladi

Reaction score
He wouldn’t have them on the field or roster at all. He would influence. For the likes we haven’t seen since Big Bill. That’s truly the only way. Unfortunately…..
The game passed Bill buy. He could not stop a screen play and Bradie James was getting annihilated in pass coverage by Jon Kitna.

bigE79

Reaction score

1. Hes a familiar face

Well to be fair,look what he has to work with.

khiladi

Reaction score
Bring back Wade Phillips for the rest of the season. He’ll scheme Micah to about 20 sacks for the rest of the season.

quickccc

Reaction score
This season was always about place holding for Belichick. Zimmer was an acceptable sacrificial lamb.

Aah... The same Belichek that ran GOAT tom Brady outta town .... same Belicheck that owner Bob Kraft despite all these SB trophies
and dynasty legacy, couldn't wait to run the Belichek outta town himself ..?

Yet there's a reserve spot for Belly per Jerry ?

Aven8

Reaction score
The game passed Bill buy. He could not stop a screen play and Bradie James was getting annihilated in pass coverage by Jon Kitna.
The dude got Qcar to the playoffs……come on bro…..I mean the dude couldn’t even throw a spiral…..

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Aah... The same Belichek that ran GOAT tom Brady outta town .... same Belicheck that owner Bob Kraft despite all these SB trophies
and dynasty legacy, couldn't wait to run the Belichek outta town himself ..?

Yet there's a reserve spot for Belly per Jerry ?
Of course…. the story writes itself. Parcells always told Jerry to hire Belichick. Belichick wants the job. This team is finishing 10 wins max and maybe missing the playoffs.

It has already happened and we’re just waiting for it to unfold.

Not that it will fix anything. But maybe Bill will finally tire of Dak and draft a QB. Jerry would probably let him considering the circumstances.