Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
What you all think about drafting Shaquiem Griffin in round 3? He's fast,a ball hawk..a good tackler..high football IQ...a winner on and off the field. I like him as a steal at that point. He,Evans and VANDER ESCH.
I like him but I’d rather have Jewell.

LittleD

Reaction score
Only if we stay out of FA....if we sign ARob or SWatkins or Landry....dooohhhh

What did Stephen and McClay tell you this year?

Bargain bin only...we want that draft pick for next year. Draft capital is all that matters these days!

MCMetal69

Reaction score
$9 million ????? That would put him in the Top 5 of NFL linebacker salaries ; that's simply outrageous..............Nice player , but nowhere near worth that if it's true......................

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Bargain bin only...we want that draft pick for next year. Draft capital is all that matters these days!
no-diving-sign.jpg

f3af1ab33e14f9a62053059b33289821.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm still in shock. 9 mil for an average 2 down LB.

Is Andy Reid an idiot? I've never thought of him that way, but holy crapp.

If we'd have paid him 6/year it would've been way overpaying. 9 is beyond stupidity.

Good for Hitch. Hope the hate for him isn't too bad up there when they find out how average he is.

Roland

Reaction score
I would give them credit if they could reasonably afford to play the free agent game and showed restraint.

There are teams out there doing it right now that have infinitely more cap space (Jets, 49ers, Colts, Buccaneers) that are being fiscally responsible.

Sorry, I am not giving them credit for doing something they couldn't do even if they wanted to.
I disagree with you here, if they wanted him that much (9m worth), they could have restructured some contracts and kept him. And then 3/4 of this board would scream we are paying too much. I feel he was a solid player, but not worth the price he got. Therefore, imo, they deserve credit for not reaching here.

LittleD

Reaction score

Everyone needs to understand that next year is the year to go all in. Dak and Zeke will be getting close to judgement
day on whether to get 2nd contracts. Most all of this deal money will be off the books and we should have a large golden
pot of money to make a real run at a title. Just be patient till next year, guys.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Everyone needs to understand that next year is the year to go all in. Dak and Zeke will be getting close to judgement
day on whether to get 2nd contracts. Most all of this deal money will be off the books and we should have a large golden
pot of money to make a real run at a title. Just be patient till next year, guys.
You can sell that somewhere else....... they ain't spending on FAs

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sign the guy they overpaid Hitchens to replace - Derrick Johnson. A guy who - even at age 35 - is still a better coverage linebacker than Hitchens. Johnson can fill the role until you draft the next fourth round linebacker like Hitchens was.

And we can thank the Chiefs for that next fourth round comp pick in the process.

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly, let's hold off on the doom and gloom sky is falling until after thee free agency and draft. Way too early for that.
It's generally better to pass on early FA, as that's when players are grossly overpaid. We really simply need to evaluate those mid/bottom tier FA's better, that's our biggest problem. Bell and Carroll have never been good. Thornton has the wrong build for NT. Peae? Not a terrible signing, just wasn't healthy.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I know it isn't popular...but Jaylon Smith can step in and fill his shoes and then some.
I hope your right, but I don’t think you are. He wasn’t close to as good as Hitchens last year. Unless Jaylon’s change of direction improves this year he’s just a below average LB. Last year he made quite a few tackles. Problem is they were 10 yards down field after a 1st down.