Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

LittleD

Reaction score
The old company line

Overpay is more like it.............. 27m in cap space this year for the 2

They have to get a MLB so expect some of that draft capital to be spent moving up
to get someone pretty good. If they dump Dez, they will need to shop for one of those too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can never have too many good LBers

I don't put the same premium on the position. Especially when the three starters are on the field less than half the time.

This team already has huge investments in both Lee and Jaylon Smith, both in draft picks and salary with Lee. If there's a place they now need to "go cheap", I feel that it is precisely with that third linebacker.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
They have to get a MLB so expect some of that draft capital to be spent moving up
to get someone pretty good. If they dump Dez, they will need to shop for one of those too.
They can get LVE or Malik Jefferson at MLB moving back in the first and can use that pick on an OG

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They really must of wanted him over the Colts. I may not be the biggest fan of our coaches, but we viewed him as a 2 down LB, even with all the injuries suffered there over the years. Not sure how many, if any, snaps he got in the nickel. So either our LB coach/Rod were out to lunch on his skills or the Chiefs saw/hope that he can be a 3 down linebacker that can make some plays.
He is and was a solid 3 down LB. Hopefully, we will find his replacement in the draft, but that is easier said than done. Remember Bobby Carpenter in the 1st round?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don't put the same premium on the position. Especially when the three starters are on the field less than half the time.

This team already has huge investments in both Lee and Jaylon Smith, both in draft picks and salary with Lee. If there's a place they now need to "go cheap", I feel that it is precisely with that third linebacker.
I'm with you but drafting a stud LB never hurts with 3 positions and STs

I would sign a cheap vet like DJohnson, Cushing, Poluzsny, ZBrown

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm with you but drafting a stud LB never hurts with 3 positions and STs

I would sign a cheap vet like DJohnson, Cushing, Poluzsny, ZBrown

Posluzny announced his retirement.

But I'm with you about the cheap vet.

Roland

Reaction score
I hope your right, but I don’t think you are. He wasn’t close to as good as Hitchens last year. Unless Jaylon’s change of direction improves this year he’s just a below average LB. Last year he made quite a few tackles. Problem is they were 10 yards down field after a 1st down.
To me he looked pretty sloppy and slow to react and poor change of direction early on. Seemed a half second slow. But later in the season on a more limited role, he did look better and seemd to trust what he was seeing and reacting better. Made at least one really good behind the line tackle on the running back by trusting what he saw and reacting with some explosiveness. Here's to hopping that we see more of that Jaylon this year.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They are not going to abandon "other needs".

Nor does it mean they'll automatically draft a LB in round 1 (or even round 2 for that matter).

Folks are making Hitchens out to be better than he actually was.
Actually Hitchen’s was a very good LB. When him and Lee were on the field at the same time our defense was very effective. He will be difficult to replace. If we want his replacement it may take a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Proof

Reaction score
He is not an average LB. He’s a very good LB. tell your brother not to worry the money isn’t coming from his pockets.

I never get when people say this. If it's for a Coach or something sure, but there's a finite amount of money available to pay 53 players. And when you overspend on one, it's less available to spend elsewhere. It's never about "the money" or where it comes from. It's about the potential net loss in building the rest of the team.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Draft a LB early (to potentially start), draft one late for depth, and then sign Derrick Johnson

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
To me he looked pretty sloppy and slow to react and poor change of direction early on. Seemed a half second slow. But later in the season on a more limited role, he did look better and seemd to trust what he was seeing and reacting better. Made at least one really good behind the line tackle on the running back by trusting what he saw and reacting with some explosiveness. Here's to hopping that we see more of that Jaylon this year.
I hope so too! Jaylon seems like a really good kid to boot.

risco

Reaction score
Every player in dallas = average.

When they leave, they are all called elite. Carr, Claiborne, Church, Hitchens etc
I’m not saying to pay Hitchens 9m a year, but we will soon find out just how elite he was to the Dallas Cowboys. The kid played his heart out, no off field issues, very reliable, etc... You see- we never had a chance to see his worth because he was playing. But now he’s gone for good and there is yet another glaring hole to fill.