Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
They probably figure he is a good player because he got signed right away. That is basically how all fans react to these signings right out of the gate.
I would give them credit if they could reasonably afford to play the free agent game and showed restraint.

There are teams out there doing it right now that have infinitely more cap space (Jets, 49ers, Colts, Buccaneers) that are being fiscally responsible.

Sorry, I am not giving them credit for doing something they couldn't do even if they wanted to.

You think the Jets, Colts, and Bucs are being "fiscally responsible"

lmaoOOOOOOOOOO hahahahayahaahahahahhahahahaha

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would give them credit if they could reasonably afford to play the free agent game and showed restraint.

There are teams out there doing it right now that have infinitely more cap space (Jets, 49ers, Colts, Buccaneers) that are being fiscally responsible.

Sorry, I am not giving them credit for doing something they couldn't do even if they wanted to.

They could certainly be reckless and rework all of their current contracts and lock themselves in with every player like they did Crawford. They'd have plenty of money then, but it's not responsible or smart.

Again, I credit them for not doing that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What struck me about Hitch was he NEVER EVER spouted off..never created drama..JUST DID HIS JOB AND SHUT UP. Sounds simple,right? Well,there's a lot to be said about players like him in the day and age of social media and fake news cycles. This guy was class while here. Good for him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Pretty bleak on March 13th at 10:23AM?

You folks are stunning.

You act like the team went 2-14 last season.
Preachin to the choir...back off there corn pone. All I'm saying is..its looking bleak NOW. Doesn't mean things cannot change on a dime. Its simply an observation...so get your panties unbunched and chill. Deep breaths.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
People are down on the Cowboys valuing position flex, but Hitchens was a player that could legitimately play all three LB positions. His ability to play all three positions was a big reason for the Cowboys making the playoffs in his rookie season.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Preachin to the choir...back off there corn pone. All I'm saying is..its looking bleak NOW. Doesn't mean things cannot change on a dime. Its simply an observation...so get your panties unbunched and chill. Deep breaths.

I'm not one preaching despair.

Rayman70

Reaction score
hey Michael..its all good...everything SHOULD end up ok. We just need to fill these voids with quality players. We got a bunch of work to do forsure.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm not one preaching despair.
Despair would be the Browns franchise my friend..but our Cowboys..bleak is not despair...its simply stating the current up to the moment status of the team. Sorry if that ruffles your feathers. I'm not the only one who see's it that way. Optimistic we can overcome the losses of talent.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Looks like Edmunds, Vander Esch or Roquan Smith at 19 suddenly.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Out of the available linebackers in this draft..do any of them strike you guys as being a sure fire elite guy? I'm having a ton of trouble finding a LB that's worthy of that 19th overall pick. I'm so tired of hearing about Roquan Smith. I seen him play all year and man...I'm I the only one who isn't impressed? He whiffs on tackles, he is small, over runs tackles and gets washed out often....YES...he's active and YES he's quick...but at 19 if I'm drafting a LB..he damn well better be Luke Keuchly or damn close. Edmunds is a project,very raw and seems like a waste of a pick at 19. Vander Esch..in my view,all though its too high at 19 ,I might roll the dice on him anyway. He has the size and production possibly to become elite...but even then..I just dunno if I want to waste a high pick on a LB this year. Its a weak class for LB.Thoughts? Ideas?

condoin125

Reaction score
$9M for 300 career combined tackles (5 tackles per game), 3.5 career sacks, 2 career FF, 8 career PD and 1 career INT???

As a first year player coming off a career threatening injury, Jaylon Smith avg 5 tackles per game, had a sack and 2 FF (as many as Hitches in his career) and 2 PD. And we all saw Jaylon struggle (badly at times) this past season. Yet he still outperformed Anthony Hitchens.
Jaylon outperformed Hitchens? Ahahahahaha.....no. We were forced to limit Jaylon's role because he was being destroyed in the run game where Hitchens excels. Jaylon might be slightly better in coverage but not enough to have ever seriously challenged Hitchens for a starting position this past season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jaylon outperformed Hitchens? Ahahahahaha.....no. We were forced to limit Jaylon's role because he was being destroyed in the run game where Hitchens excels. Jaylon might be slightly better in coverage but not enough to have ever seriously challenged Hitchens for a starting position this past season.
yep..Jaylon looked really bad at times. He got washed out time and time again...didn't live up to the hype. Maybe this year will be different...IT BETTER BE. No Hitchens hurts. He outplayed Jaylon easily...hands down. Time for Jaylon to take off the diapers now. The honeymoon period is over.Put up or shut up.