Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Witten is a solid player that provides veteran leadership to an offense run by some very young players. I feel he does need a reduced role only question is who takes over his snaps. I don’t think the player is on the roster yet.

As far as Dez goes I don’t place all the blame on him. Every receiver on the team saw their production go down. Dak has to get better at throwing with anticipation and finding the open man(yes there were open receivers).

I’ve a feeling that if Dak’s passing ability, especially downfield, improves the complaint about Dez will cease.

Agree, but good luck asking Dez to take a pay cut after KC just jacked the market on Sammy.

erod

Reaction score
$9M for 300 career combined tackles (5 tackles per game), 3.5 career sacks, 2 career FF, 8 career PD and 1 career INT???

As a first year player coming off a career threatening injury, Jaylon Smith avg 5 tackles per game, had a sack and 2 FF (as many as Hitches in his career) and 2 PD. And we all saw Jaylon struggle (badly at times) this past season. Yet he still outperformed Anthony Hitchens.

Oh my word.

Hitchens looked like Ray Lewis compared to Jaylon..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Way I see it we need a minimum of 2 more linebackers and I don't care where we get them...we need bodies at this point. Its our weakest defensive unit IMO. I WILL CATCH FLACK FOR THAT STATEMENT.

John813

Reaction score
Way I see it we need a minimum of 2 more linebackers and I don't care where we get them...we need bodies at this point. Its our weakest defensive unit IMO. I WILL CATCH FLACK FOR THAT STATEMENT.

Which is why I think we go after one in day 1/2 at the very least.
I doubt they are willing to bet Lee stays healthy for the entire year or smith is ready to play up to his potential.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Which is why I think we go after one in day 1/2 at the very least.
I doubt they are willing to bet Lee stays healthy for the entire year or smith is ready to play up to his potential.
I must agree.I wouldn't be mad at all if we went linebacker back to back...meaning..at pick 50...we need to get one...then in round 3 I can envision us doing the same. At pick 19...I really don't see the value in taking one that early that is worthy. I rather go a different direction with that pick.

dfense

Reaction score
Out of the available linebackers in this draft..do any of them strike you guys as being a sure fire elite guy? I'm having a ton of trouble finding a LB that's worthy of that 19th overall pick. I'm so tired of hearing about Roquan Smith. I seen him play all year and man...I'm I the only one who isn't impressed? He whiffs on tackles, he is small, over runs tackles and gets washed out often....YES...he's active and YES he's quick...but at 19 if I'm drafting a LB..he damn well better be Luke Keuchly or damn close. Edmunds is a project,very raw and seems like a waste of a pick at 19. Vander Esch..in my view,all though its too high at 19 ,I might roll the dice on him anyway. He has the size and production possibly to become elite...but even then..I just dunno if I want to waste a high pick on a LB this year. Its a weak class for LB.Thoughts? Ideas?
225lb MLB. pass

Rayman70

Reaction score
225lb MLB. pass
agree. Shoot...he has the body and weight of a safety. I would pick Shaquiem Griffin in round 3 or 4 and feel much better about HIM than I would Roquan Smith panning out. Griffin I think can be special at LB.

John813

Reaction score
I must agree.I wouldn't be mad at all if we went linebacker back to back...meaning..at pick 50...we need to get one...then in round 3 I can envision us doing the same. At pick 19...I really don't see the value in taking one that early that is worthy. I rather go a different direction with that pick.

I like Vander Esch at 19. Same size as Urlacher and has the mobility of a traditional 4-3 LB. small college tape but looked good and made plenty of turnovers. 141 total tackles, 8.5 for loss, 4 FF, 3 INTs and 4 sacks.
Evans I'm a tad bullish on, but could live with him too at 19.

Don't think Edmunds falls that far to be a consideration.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What you all think about drafting Shaquiem Griffin in round 3? He's fast,a ball hawk..a good tackler..high football IQ...a winner on and off the field. I like him as a steal at that point. He,Evans and VANDER ESCH.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Yeah, that's it.

sorry, I was just being sarcastic lol

guy_pointing_down1.jpg

Good for him, get that money young man. You were a true professional while in Dallas.
Why? Hitchens is a very good player. The contract is driven by the market price! They actually got a good bargain, if I am not mistaken the tag price for a LB is around $11/12 million... Sounds like you're bitter at that man getting paid. SMH

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like Vander Esch at 19. Same size as Urlacher and has the mobility of a traditional 4-3 LB. small college tape but looked good and made plenty of turnovers. 141 total tackles, 8.5 for loss, 4 FF, 3 INTs and 4 sacks.
Evans I'm a tad bullish on, but could live with him too at 19.

Don't think Edmunds falls that far to be a consideration.
That's my thinking too...has the size to handle the punishment long term. Great instincts and always around the ball. Same with Evans and Griffin. To me, those 3 guys...while not elite...are very good players and could come in and even start day 1. Roquan Smith may be a decent player...but I am very concerned he's being overdrafted due to the team he played on and the lack of elite linebackers in this years draft. Buyer beware on him and Edmunds.

John813

Reaction score
That's my thinking too...has the size to handle the punishment long term. Great instincts and always around the ball. Same with Evans and Griffin. To me, those 3 guys...while not elite...are very good players and could come in and even start day 1. Roquan Smith may be a decent player...but I am very concerned he's being overdrafted due to the team he played on and the lack of elite linebackers in this years draft. Buyer beware on him and Edmunds.

I like R Smith, but only at WOLB, and I think Jaylon could thrive there after Lee hangs them up.

WOLB- Jaylon MLB- Vander Esch/Evans SOLB-TBD

Not a bad group to build around IMO for the future.
Think whoever drafts Griffin won't regret it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ridiculous money
Its all ridiculous money...but that's the market these days. That's the problem when your focus is solely on drafting players to groom them...by the time they get really great,THEY LEAVE FOR MORE MONEY and your left holding the bag and starting from square one again. That's the pitfalls of not being aggressive in free agency...in this league you gotta do both...sign good free agents and draft accordingly. We have failed in the free agency department...thus..now we lost Hitchens and have no answer. Here we are again having to draft his replacement.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
@Risen Star told me this guy v was a bum who couldn't play in this league. He must not have informed the Chiefs.

An annual reminder to take his never been wrong attitude with a massive grain of salt.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
agree. Shoot...he has the body and weight of a safety. I would pick Shaquiem Griffin in round 3 or 4 and feel much better about HIM than I would Roquan Smith panning out. Griffin I think can be special at LB.
If your looking for that big heavy MLB in this draft, then your going to have to wait a few rounds till the price is right.
All the top inside LBs in this draft are fairly light..
Smith -225
Evans -231
Leonard -229
Jefferson -238
Vander Esch -220
Burks -228
Jewel -230
Williams -238
Scales -230
Hamilton - 232
Edmunds is talked about a lot, but he is being projected more as an OLB - still only 236
and Griffin.. love the story, but still .. 223

Our current
Lee - 245
Smith - 240
Wilson -243
Wilber -245

Last edited: