Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

Proof

Reaction score
If your looking for that big heavy MLB in this draft, then your going to have to wait a few rounds till the price is right.
All the top inside LBs in this draft are fairly light..
Smith -225
Evans -231
Leonard -229
Jefferson -238
Vander Esch -220
Burks -228
Jewel -230
Williams -238
Scales -230
Hamilton - 232
Edmunds is talked about a lot, but he is being projected more as an OLB - still only 236
and Griffin.. love the story, but still .. 223

Our current
Lee - 245
Smith - 240
Wilson -243
Wilber -245

i'm routinely mistaken, but i've always seen LVE listed betwen 240 and 255

kskboys

Reaction score
That's NFL free agency, and why they all want to make it to the market. There's always some team that's willing to pay crazy money for good, not great players.
And the teams who do so always regret it. Even if it's a good/great player. Teams kept overpaying Reavis, and then couldn't wait to dump him. And now it's Sherman and Earl. If you overpay positions aside from QB, it will be to the detriment of your team.

kskboys

Reaction score
But his contract was $6.5 AAV, not $9 that Hitch got.

Leary was closer, and ended up a 4th.

A 6th won't happen, id put a lot of money on a 4th though.
Ok, I can see that, possibly.

I was shocked to find out that the money they get has a lot to do w/ the comp pick awarded.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If his body can handle 60 plays a game, I think Jaylon. By mid season he was starting to show more sideline to sideline ability.
He was electric in that awful Chargers game.
My money is on Jaylon.

And it's Hitch's body that I don't think will hold up and it's because he's not built to play in a 3-4. He was always getting banged up in the Cowboys' 4-3. Parcell's 3-4 literally killed Dat Nguyen.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Ok, I can see that, possibly.

I was shocked to find out that the money they get has a lot to do w/ the comp pick awarded.
Its a very odd system.

Overthecap is the best at determining comp picks, I always use them as a resource when it comes to that.

Proof

Reaction score
That's one idea but, the one I like is to move up from 19 to 9 or 11 and get the best MLB or LB in the draft. We will have to give up our 3rd but,
will get a definitive 1st round talent.

and who is that? Edmunds? Roquan? I'm personally only moving up for Derwin.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
i'm routinely mistaken, but i've always seen LVE listed betwen 240 and 255
Bio taken from BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1
last updated 2/24/18
Leighton Vander Esch*, ILB, Boise State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.

Read more: http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018ILB.php#ixzz59eDO7bjo

Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018ILB.php#Ay3fKeWDK3Dy9JL2.99

LittleD

Reaction score
and who is that? Edmunds? Roquan? I'm personally only moving up for Derwin.

Safeties are not money 5 players and Dallas has never invested big money in those positions. LB is a big need and both of the names you mention would be absolute better choices for our team.

Roland

Reaction score
I like Hitchens and probably am one of the people who is making him out to be more than he is. But it's not losing HIM that's troubling, it's that we're already woefully thing at LB and our two top guys are old and injury prone, and still trying to recover from devastating injury. And even with him it was a unit of concern seeing how the team folds when Sean Lee is out. So yeah, whatever you think of Hitch, we were already behind the 8ball with him.
Actually Hitchen’s was a very good LB. When him and Lee were on the field at the same time our defense was very effective. He will be difficult to replace. If we want his replacement it may take a 1st or 2nd round pick.
Yes, we were pretty solid with Hitch and Lee, but when Lee went out, boy oh boy was there a difference. Night and day. I love Sean Lee, but the hammies will show up from time to time and the concussions could shorten his career. We need Jaylon to be who we hoped and we need to find our next Hitch, so to speak.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Bio taken from BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1
last updated 2/24/18
Leighton Vander Esch*, ILB, Boise State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.

Read more: http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018ILB.php#ixzz59eDO7bjo

Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2018ILB.php#Ay3fKeWDK3Dy9JL2.99
Use combine numbers dude. Esch is 256

Roland

Reaction score
My money is on Jaylon.

And it's Hitch's body that I don't think will hold up and it's because he's not built to play in a 3-4. He was always getting banged up in the Cowboys' 4-3. Parcell's 3-4 literally killed Dat Nguyen.
Ouch, I really liked Dat, but, yes, he did get banged up a lot. He was just too small for that role but man he had a ton of heart.

Proof

Reaction score
Safeties are not money 5 players and Dallas has never invested big money in those positions. LB is a big need and both of the names you mention would be absolute better choices for our team.

neither are lb's. and why are we talking money when discussing draft picks? i think that lb is a bigger need myself, but derwin is head and shoulders a better player than either of them. i'd be happy with roquan or edmunds, would not like to trade up for them though.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's insane money for a stiff.

Teams make mistakes in FA all the time and this is another one.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another GOOD player GONE due to lack of Cap...keep restructuring them Contracts Jerry .....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I keep hearing we can't afford this guy, we can't afford that guy. Let's draft 2 more, and then what? Those two could be busts, so where does that leave us? All of our money is spent on Dez stone Hands Bryant, Jason stone Legs Witten, and our wonderful offensive line who couldn't protect a mouse from a block of cheese. Good work Cowboys.