Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep hearing we can't afford this guy, we can't afford that guy. Let's draft 2 more, and then what? Those two could be busts, so where does that leave us? All of our money is spent on Dez stone Hands Bryant, Jason stone Legs Witten, and our wonderful offensive line who couldn't protect a mouse from a block of cheese. Good work Cowboys.

You had me until the offensive line.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

That will have their measurements from the combine.
So Walters was clearly wrong on 1, but the rest seem to be somewhat appropriate.
LVE at that size/skill set, definitely deserves consideration at this point considering 1st round grading.
This draft is looking more like need over BPA at this point.
LVE should be in that classification if that BIO is correct.

LittleD

Reaction score
neither are lb's. and why are we talking money when discussing draft picks? i think that lb is a bigger need myself, but derwin is head and shoulders a better player than either of them. i'd be happy with roquan or edmunds, would not like to trade up for them though.

Brugler and Broaddus both disagree with you my friend.

Proof

Reaction score

yeah? as far as him being a better player? is this based off a big board, or something they've said? Derwin just seems like he's being overlooked for some odd reason. Which feels weird.

LittleD

Reaction score
yeah? as far as him being a better player? is this based off a big board, or something they've said? Derwin just seems like he's being overlooked for some odd reason. Which feels weird.

If you look in on the DC.com site and get some time on the draft show, you would know who they think are the top 10-15 players in this draft.
If you've followed the Cowboys for years, they have never drafted high or paid big money to the safety position. This goes all the way back to
the Landry years. They tend to fund the safety position from the 4th round of the draft on back to UDFA. Just the way they roll.

Proof

Reaction score
If you look in on the DC.com site and get some time on the draft show, you would know who they think are the top 10-15 players in this draft.
If you've followed the Cowboys for years, they have never drafted high or paid big money to the safety position. This goes all the way back to
the Landry years. They tend to fund the safety position from the 4th round of the draft on back to UDFA. Just the way they roll.

sorry, i was just asking because you mentioned them. i don't personally care, i could find any number of folks who think the opposite.

and again i'd be happy with any of them, just think that derwin is a better player/talent despite what dallas historically does with the position. those are two independent things. remove derwin from the equation and my biggest point is that i wouldn't want to trade up for roquan or edmunds. be ecstatic if either fell, or look at evans / lve.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That is stupid. I've been a fan of Hitchens but he is not an elite player.
I think he's also a poor fit size/durability wise in a 3-4. I'm sure they see him as being a better fit coverage wise in their defense but I just don't see how he holds up.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not in this debate, but it's always better if Broaddus disagrees with your opinion because he is wrong more than 50% of the time. If your opinion is always the opposite of Broaddus, then you're probably correct 75+ percent of the time.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he's also a poor fit size/durability wise in a 3-4. I'm sure they see him as being a better fit coverage wise in their defense but I just don't see how he holds up.
Good point.

Pro: Being a 3- 4 ILB helps his coverage issues.

Con: A 3-4 ILB is normally a stack-and-shedd LB; whereas, 4-3 LBs are more Run-and-Hit types.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Tank Lawrence would be looking at (Von Miller money) 19-20 million a year in this market - easy.

LittleD

Reaction score
I'm not in this debate, but it's always better if Broaddus disagrees with your opinion because he is wrong more than 50% of the time. If your opinion is always the opposite of Broaddus, then you're probably correct 75+ percent of the time.

I know how you feel about Broaddus. Brugler is very astute at the draft and I follow his guide every year. It seems Brugler and Broaddus are on the
same page with the top LB available before our pick at 19.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Some of you guys are just completely baffled by how FA works.

People get overpaid in Free Agency, whether they're your player or someone else. This happens Every. Single. Year.