Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

DanA

Reaction score
Congrats to him. We will miss him. Is Wilson his replacement, or do we draft a guy in rounds 1-3?

I think we double dip. A LB equivalent to Alfred Morris and a mid round pick.

conner01

Reaction score
Good. Take the fifth or sixth round comp pick.
I was a big fan of keeping hitch. Think losing him has a big impact on our draft. But not at 9 mil if it’s really going to pay out 9 mil a year
But it does show that people’s concepts of what players will get needs some adjustments
A few guys here mentioned he’d get that much and they were right
Now LB gets to be a much bigger need in the draft for sure
It will probably be a 5th I would guess but who knows with what contracts are looking like
Aaron Rodgers is probably going to get 30 mil a year. Contracts are really going up and teams that have 100 mil to spend are really drive them up
I like hitch and think he has value but 9 mil for a LB just feels like star money and he is a good but not star player

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Who called Carr, Church, or Claiborne elite? Now you're just lying.

You just complimented the Chiefs by saying "now thats what I team going for it all looks like".

You think paying Hitchens $9/y is a super bowl move? Lol.

Also Church was elite at certain things

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
@Risen Star I think you have to admit defeat on this one. 9 mill a year on his second contract
I'll admit defeat too.
Didnt think he would touch Hightower #'s, especially after a bidding war with the Jets.
Not only did he match, but he exceeded by a large amount of what Hightower got. Wow.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
So we have Lee, Smith, and Wilson. Nothing really behind them. Try to sign a stop gap and draft 2 LB’s preferable in the top 4 rounds.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
So we have Lee, Smith, and Wilson. Nothing really behind them. Try to sign a stop gap and draft 2 LB’s preferable in the top 4 rounds.
Is lee going to stay healthy long enough??/ Whats the over/under on games played before he tweeks something?? Smith...who knows what we have.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
lololol Chiefs on crack

Why? Hitchens is a very good player. The contract is driven by the market price! They actually got a good bargain, if I am not mistaken the tag price for a LB is around $11/12 million... Sounds like you're bitter at that man getting paid. SMH

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I could see us reaching for Vander Esch if our big 4 are gone: Ridley , James , smith , Edmunds.