Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They really must of wanted him over the Colts. I may not be the biggest fan of our coaches, but we viewed him as a 2 down LB, even with all the injuries suffered there over the years. Not sure how many, if any, snaps he got in the nickel. So either our LB coach/Rod were out to lunch on his skills or the Chiefs saw/hope that he can be a 3 down linebacker that can make some plays.

Hitchens was adequate. To think he's a $6 mil a year player, not to mention a $9 mil a year player is downright goofy.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I liked Hitchens, and thought he was a good player. But 9 million is cray cray!! Hope he does well with Santa aka A. Reid in K.C. :p

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
They are not going to abandon "other needs".

Nor does it mean they'll automatically draft a LB in round 1 (or even round 2 for that matter).

Folks are making Hitchens out to be better than he actually was.

I guess we all have our opinions but this requires action NOW to shore up LB. Granted we couldn't afford 9 mil. The need at other positions now really take a backseat ... LB is it. The big thing is the loss of experience.

aria

Reaction score
I’m going to have to see if the Chiefs have a MB, I’m curious to see how their fans feel about this.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
$9 mill?? You've got to be kidding!! If you had $9 mill in your pocket, would you spend it on Hitchens? I wouldn't. Good fiscal restraint IMO

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I agree with most comments on here......solid player but not a "great" player......9M?.......nope

John813

Reaction score
Hitchens was adequate. To think he's a $6 mil a year player, not to mention a $9 mil a year player is downright goofy.

Guess we'll wait and see how much was guaranteed, or if the 9mil per year average included some crazy escalating sliders based off performance.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess we all have our opinions but this requires action NOW to shore up LB. Granted we couldn't afford 9 mil. The need at other positions now really take a backseat ... LB is it. The big thing is the loss of experience.

That's too reactionary.

It will sort itself out.

jsb357

Reaction score
another hole in the defense that need to be filled...

GM to the white courtesy phone!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I’m going to have to see if the Chiefs have a MB, I’m curious to see how their fans feel about this.

They probably figure he is a good player because he got signed right away. That is basically how all fans react to these signings right out of the gate.