Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

John813

Reaction score
Why? Hitchens is a very good player. The contract is driven by the market price! They actually got a good bargain, if I am not mistaken the tag price for a LB is around $11/12 million... Sounds like you're bitter at that man getting paid. SMH

Oh yea, super bitter at him getting paid.
:rolleyes:
Good for him, where did I bash Hitchens over the contract he signed?

They gave Watkins 16mil and now Hitchens 9mil per. 25mil to two guys who are solid but yet to be difference makers.Hence my statement that the Chiefs are on crack.
We'll see how the market is this year but even though I liked Hitchens from the start here I don't see him near being a "franchise" LB.
Maybe he'll prove me wrong playing in KC

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
My brother is a chiefs fan and he isn't thrilled about signing an avg LB for $9M per. He's really not happy about signing Watkins for $16M per year either. He wanted a more reliable toy for their inexperienced QB. Signing those two definitely won't make them a superbowl team.

Aven8

Reaction score
KC has been playing like a smart, strategic organization this offseason haven't they? Lose Derric Johnson, and fill the whole with a 25 year old whom is finally coming into his own. Admiring.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
KC has been playing like a smart, strategic organization this offseason haven't they? Lose Derric Johnson, and fill the whole with a 25 year old whom is finally coming into his own. Admiring.

But you can't get SOME of these "knowledgeable fans" to understand that.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
My brother is a chiefs fan and he isn't thrilled about signing an avg LB for $9M per. He's really not happy about signing Watkins for $16M per year either. He wanted a more reliable toy for their inexperienced QB. Signing those two definitely won't make them a superbowl team.
He is not an average LB. He’s a very good LB. tell your brother not to worry the money isn’t coming from his pockets.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Classic CZ about to be on display in this thread. If we overpay him, we are stupid and no wonder why we don’t have cap space. If we do back up the Brinks truck, the FO never learns and we are stupid.

Bingo.

jrumann59

Reaction score
So most likely he is going to play one of ILB positions, seems a little high

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh yea, super bitter at him getting paid.
:rolleyes:
Good for him, where did I bash Hitchens over the contract he signed?

They gave Watkins 16mil and now Hitchens 9mil per. 25mil to two guys who are solid but yet to be difference makers.Hence my statement that the Chiefs are on crack.
We'll see how the market is this year but even though I liked Hitchens from the start here I don't see him near being a "franchise" LB.
Maybe he'll prove me wrong playing in KC

And they've both had injury issues in the past... Watkins with a lot of injury issues.

Sandyf

Reaction score
WOW! Crazy money for Hitchens but happy for him. Also KC signs Watkins for $16 million a year, even crazier!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So we have Lee, Smith, and Wilson. Nothing really behind them. Try to sign a stop gap and draft 2 LB’s preferable in the top 4 rounds.

They are doing the same thing they did last year and kinda pigeon holing themselves into a linebacker in the draft.

Edmunds and Roquan should be long gone by pick 19.

I think Dallas first round pick if they stick at 19 will be Rashaan Evans or Leighton Vander Esch.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
They are doing the same thing they did last year and kinda pigeon holing themselves into a linebacker in the draft.

Edmunds and Roquan should be long gone by pick 19.

I think Dallas first round pick if they stick at 19 will be Rashaan Evans or Leighton Vander Esch.
Agreed and then Jewell or Leonard again in the 3rd.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Yeah but we get a high 2019 comp pick!
:banghead:
I'm not impressed by the "high 2019 comp pick" . Weren't we supposed to get the same thing for Leary? We'll have to see what we get in the 4th round but losing Leary kicked us in the nutts all year. We need immediate LB help now which mean abandoning other needs. I don't give a rat's rear end about congratulating Hitch, I'm first and foremost a Cowboy fan. We'll be hurting at LB all year most likely and that hurts us against the POS Eagurls.

aria

Reaction score
So this is what a team going for a title looks like.
Don’t worry if we sign Thomas the NFC Championship game is a lock! He’s so good he can play LB at the same time!

In all seriousness, that’s a lot of money but this sucks. Better pray for no injuries and now we just added another need in the draft. At least we have 10 picks.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not impressed by the "high 2019 comp pick" . Weren't we supposed to get the same thing for Leary? We'll have to see what we get in the 4th round but losing Leary kicked us in the nutts all year. We need immediate LB help now which mean abandoning other needs. I don't give a rat's rear end about congratulating Hitch, I'm first and foremost a Cowboy fan. We'll be hurting at LB all year most likely and that hurts us against the POS Eagurls.

They are not going to abandon "other needs".

Nor does it mean they'll automatically draft a LB in round 1 (or even round 2 for that matter).

Folks are making Hitchens out to be better than he actually was.

John813

Reaction score
Yep.

If the report is accurate, that's just stupid money.

They really must of wanted him over the Colts. I may not be the biggest fan of our coaches, but we viewed him as a 2 down LB, even with all the injuries suffered there over the years. Not sure how many, if any, snaps he got in the nickel. So either our LB coach/Rod were out to lunch on his skills or the Chiefs saw/hope that he can be a 3 down linebacker that can make some plays.