Twitter: Hitchens to KC Chiefs

vlad

Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend to know what the right value for him is, but I think he's our natural Sean Lee replacement given his age, he's a thumper which we don't have elsewhere and he played outstanding with Lee. I hope Smith can take on lineman...

Aven8

Reaction score
All I know is a huge weakness just got a whole lot weaker! Smh.....

CWR

Reaction score
Classic CZ about to be on display in this thread. If we overpay him, we are stupid and no wonder why we don’t have cap space. If we do back up the Brinks truck, the FO never learns and we are stupid.

Na, I wanted to keep him but we cant pay him that. I hope we go LB EARLY.

DanA

Reaction score
If Jaylon balls out this year, 9m for a backup would be awefully steep. Smart money says Hitchens again will be the better player but Jaylon is a bit of a freak and could easily break out.

aria

Reaction score
They probably figure he is a good player because he got signed right away. That is basically how all fans react to these signings right out of the gate.
True but on the other hand when a team loses a player most people automatically discredit them and blow it off until kickoff when their presence is obviously missed.

Roland

Reaction score
I like Hitch and I am glad he got paid. Also glad that we didn't meet that money. We saw this one coming, good for him. I expect us to sign someone and spent a draft pick or two.

John813

Reaction score
I like Hitch and I am glad he got paid. Also glad that we didn't meet that money. We saw this one coming, good for him. I expect us to sign someone and spent a draft pick or two.

Yea, I see another cheap vet LB coming in and us taking a LB in day 1 or 2.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
my question is how do u build a championship roster when your main avenue is to draft and develop players then when they get to their second contract you let most of them walk you don't do free agency or make trades so how do u build a team that can compete?

Shuff

Reaction score
They also got Watkins, if Mahomes is the real deal, they will be very good next year. Us.....not so much.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
So we are down to Sean Lee, Jaylon Smith, Kyle Wilbur, and Damien Wilson? Yikes.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gonna miss Hitch, good for him cashing in. 9 mil is a bit steep but we are going to miss his play esp the 4-6 games Lee will miss. Hope we draft a LB or 2 within the 1st 4 rounds, were gonna need the help.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
my question is how do u build a championship roster when your main avenue is to draft and develop players then when they get to their second contract you let most of them walk you don't do free agency or make trades so how do u build a team that can compete?
It's why the "just build through the draft" philosophy is flawed. By the time you fix one area, the other areas have become weaknesses. When your chief decision makers don't have to worry about being accountable for this decisions, you have these types of failed leadership philosophies. Any other GM knows that if they were to just build through the draft, they will not be around in a few years.

Meanwhile, careers are wasted.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
But yet we hold onto bums like Witten and Dez for way too much money.

Witten is a solid player that provides veteran leadership to an offense run by some very young players. I feel he does need a reduced role only question is who takes over his snaps. I don’t think the player is on the roster yet.

As far as Dez goes I don’t place all the blame on him. Every receiver on the team saw their production go down. Dak has to get better at throwing with anticipation and finding the open man(yes there were open receivers).

I’ve a feeling that if Dak’s passing ability, especially downfield, improves the complaint about Dez will cease.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Highly overpaid and undersized problem who was always injured. So glad he's no longer the Cowboys problem, especially at $9 million per season. How stupid. Hitchens is going to turn out to become another DeMarco Murray. Bye, Felisha...and good riddance.