Holley: That's the difference between Dak and Romo

At least this thread is better than the Dak vs Aikman thread. Both have choked. They just do it differently.
I doubt Jesse Holley would strongly refute the opinion Tony Romo had his share of bad decision-making--even in similar situations. However, I think he would defend his contention that Romo would have pulled the trigger on that pass despite the possibility of him creating a crushing turnover or missed pass. And the latter outcome would have still been followed with Brandon Aubrey's field goal attempt to tie the game.
 
I doubt Jesse Holley would strongly refute the opinion Tony Romo had his share of bad decision-making--even in similar situations. However, I think he would defend his contention that Romo would have pulled the trigger on that pass despite the possibility of him creating a crushing turnover or missed pass. And the latter outcome would have still been followed with Brandon Aubrey's field goal attempt to tie the game.
I can;t find the source at the moment...but I did make a post awhile back that showed the numbers to refute the choker perception.

The article said the real porblem was the timing out of things. He do awesome all game, including under pressure. Then a few times just gunslinged himself to an interception.

The law of averages worked against him. You can only come back mircale it so many times.

The Broncos/Peyton manning game is a good example. Everyone remembers he killed the game with last minute interception. Casually forgetting how they were in it all game lone going toe to toe with manning. Just ran out the numbers and clock.

I'll do my best to find it again...I;m sure you'll be interested since I mentioned it. :laugh:
 
I can;t find the source at the moment...but I did make a post awhile back that showed the numbers to refute the choker perception.

The article said the real porblem was the timing out of things. He do awesome all game, including under pressure. Then a few times just gunslinged himself to an interception.

The law of averages worked against him. You can only come back mircale it so many times.

The Broncos/Peyton manning game is a good example. Everyone remembers he killed the game with last minute interception. Casually forgetting how they were in it all game lone going toe to toe with manning. Just ran out the numbers and clock.

I'll do my best to find it again...I;m sure you'll be interested since I mentioned it. :laugh:
I remember your post and you can re-post it, but it is not necessary. Minds are set about Tony Romo, just as minds are set about Dak Prescott. It is the CowboysZone Circle of Life, lol.
 
Play to win, not to tie.
Dak should know, don’t take sack, no interceptions. But go win us the game.

That was 4 down territory. You have a depleted defense. There is no way you rely on your defense even in OT.

Go for the win. No guts, no glory.
 
It was easy to see as his rookie season played out. Prescott is cautious to the core and has zero killer instinct.
I don’t know about “cautious”. He has destroyed lots of games after he received Kellen Moore’s “coaching”.

In that situation I cannot fault Dak for being a bit too cautious. If he had thrown an INT the loss would have been on Dak.
 
Strawman argument.


Romo not winning playoff games or Super Bowls is not the topic of conversation. The overarching point is our current QB:

Either isnt trusted by his head coach (or) has no cajones
DID I STUTTER...It doesn't matter between Romo and Dak. NEITHER is or were franchise QBs. Did Romeo audible to win playoff clinching games going 8-8 3-years in a row, or NFC divisional games? Neither has Dak.

So why do you think either QB would change the results of who they are. YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE!

They are not franchise QBs that can win games with their arm, will, brain, or athletic abilities when a team is lacking something or needing them to make the difference.

If you or Holley think are trying to make any other point...
 
The play isn’t over until the DB tackles him or touches him while on the ground. The clock would have run out if the DB didn’t immediately tackle him.
Unless he gives himself up. Which he did.
 
Romo is a winner. Dak plays to lose or play it safe. We know you love your Dak but this franchise has been nothing but a failure since they incorrectly replaced Romo with him.

See you in 3 years when Dak is gone and I can ask you were those 13 years of defending a loser worth it?
Lol. You Romoholics are the absolute worst of Cowboys fans. Embarrassing loser and choking lovers...perfect match made in Heaven. Also, an alcoholic lover, hence Romoholics...lol

https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/9r7f1jfP6EfB
 
yea. this is what i said immediately after it happened. dak choked. the game is too fast for him and he plays not to loze vs to win. having a HC take the blame is only a bigger indictment to the playet PAID THE MOST IN THE ORGA IZATOON TO EXECUTE THOSE EXACT MOMENTS
Sorry to pick on you cause you're not the best example, but the Dak agenda guys never once think, "Maybe there's some gray here?" I mean, Dak is objectively, by every statistical measure, a very good QB. Does he choke some? sure. Does he also ball in the clutch some? Also yes. It's not either-or.

He's not a legend like Mahomes or Brady. Who is? He's a sure-fire hall of famer if he can pull off just one SB run. He's special. Appreciate that while you can.

The haters are so ridiculous they don't deserve the discussion. Just trolls. Do they even enjoy watching football?
 
His internal clock was clicking too fast; the pressure of choking sped the crap out of it. Basically, he choked because he didn't want to be called a choker, like when he forgot the refs and spotted the ball. It is what it is.
 
This is so overblown. I don't think Schottenheimer literally meant to just snap it and throw it away. He meant don't take any stupid chances, to throw it away if you don't like what you see.

This is the problem now with coaches trying to take bullets for players. The age old wisdom is for leaders to take responsibility, but the media and fans take this literally and think he really meant, "Just throw it away, don't even try to score here." Of course he wanted to score, otherwise they'd just kick the FG on third down.
Don't bring true practical life advice into this sucker. They're fans. Short for fanatic.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,018
Messages
14,657,368
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top