HOMER ALERT!! (ES Thread)

aznhalf

Reaction score
I think Bledsoe will get a good look when a guy like Moon gets in.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I don't think we have anyone close to HOF credentials on our current roster other than TO.

As for the younger players, it is way too early to speculate about guys like Roy, Ware, TNew etc.
In the last part of this, you said it correctly. Of the older players, I have my doubts. (Which, of course, is why so many of them are gone.) For the younger players, I have hopes. Time will tell, but I'd say Roy, Witten, Ware, etc., bear watching. But hey, if they simply pan out as solid players, I'm happy with that. After all, how many Pats make the Pro Bowl every year or will end up in the HoF? Not a lot, but overall they add up to a rock solid team. What's important isn't individual stars but how well everyone does their job.

Murph80

Reaction score
Bledsoe and TO are the closest we got. I think Bledsoe definitly has a shot. Look at his carear #'s plus he played in two SB's.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
RW first 2 years >>>>> ST first 2 years.

Emmitt smith and 6 seasons for 9,000 yards > Portis in 4 seasons for 6,000.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Taylor is gonna break out and be scary good this year. I can feel it.

This seems to be a prophetic post in more ways than one. He may have to break out to even play. :laugh2:

Derinyar

Reaction score
Portis is the only guy they have mentioned that really has a shot, but he has to do it for a few more years before the conversation can even be started.

TO needs another 3-4 good years to get serious consideration also. If you want to put people in based on 4-5 good years then Terrell Davis is headed to Canton soon.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
5Stars said:
:dissskin:

Howdy bro! That yellow of the dog's urine goes nicely with the red and yellow of the skins helmet.

Funxva

Reaction score
Arch Stanton said:
This seems to be a prophetic post in more ways than one. He may have to break out to even play. :laugh2:

hahaha:lmao:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
This coming from a board that started a Paul Allen, Dan Snyder wealth comparison thread.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
bobbie brewskie said:
RW first 2 years >>>>> ST first 2 years.

Emmitt smith and 6 seasons for 9,000 yards > Portis in 4 seasons for 6,000.

Now look at TD production too.

Funxva

Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
This coming from a board that started a Paul Allen, Dan Snyder wealth comparison thread.

What do you expect? They picked up 1 player in the draft. Rocky balboa.

Funxva

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Players in the Hall of Fame vote!

The tone of your email leads me to believe you are 7 years old and someone stole your cookie.

In the immortal words of 5Stars:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
lol at people saying TO has to produce another 2-3 years.ummm he is like top 5 all time in recieving tds.

HES IN ALREADY.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Portis isn't going to have a long enough career to challenge for a HOF nomination. He's had a lot of wear and tear on a small frame in a short amount of time. He's wildly talented as far as speed and raw athleticism goes, but he just doesn't have the gracefull running style that Payton, Emmitt and Curtis Martin had which lends itself to avoiding collisions. He's more straight-ahead kamikaze, shout out of a cannon style. Its effective, but it doesn't lend itself to a long career. He's averaged 350 carries a year since joining the Commanders, and at the end of the last year he was already showing signs of chronic neck and stinger injuries. Those don't tend to get better with more age and more wear. Ask Dat.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
2)Clinton Portis(Emmit Smith had only 3 years of rushing for 1500, or more yards over a 15 year career. CP has 3 years of 1,500 yards or better, and he's entering into his fifth year as a pro.)

All i have to say to that is have portis show emmitt his rings. End of conversation on that 1.:lmao2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
If Portis can keep it up for 4 more years then he has a good shot. But I just cannot see him holding up for that long. Roy if he keeps making the Pro Bowl will make the HOF. He has - what 2 or is it 3 already in 4 years. If he can make it to 6-7 he is in. 6-7 Pro Bowls usually gets you into the HOF. Maybe not first ballot, but eventually in. If he can get to 8-9, then he is in real soon after he retires.