Honestly, who felt that Hutch was better than

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
QC, heading into camp last season. Be trueful!

Not me, but 75% of this board thought Hutch was a star in the making.

So once Again who thought Hucth was better than QC, Period!!!

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
This would probably work better as a poll ... but since the topic has been brought up ten million times already, how 'bout we don't and say we did? :rolleyes:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Q_the_man said:

And we are lead to believe it is the haters that cause all the problems. :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Q_the_man said:

Looking at both players rookie season I think they were about even, the biggest differance one guy entered the league right out of college football ranks, the other had not played in 4 years yet compare the 2 QB's rookie season. I think Hutch has better passing skills than Carter but that does not matter if you putting the ball on the ground as Hutch as done. I guess that makes me a hater of Hutchinson too. After all he is the one who is wet behind the ears but not many were hollering about him playing behind a poor line or his lack of a running game. Sorry but this is very hypocitical to bend over backwards to defend Carter yet rag on Hutchinson.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Here's one for ya, I still think he's better. :D

I really think he will end up having a better NFL career than QC also.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Looking at both players rookie season I think they were about even, the biggest differance one guy entered the league right out of college football ranks, the other had not played in 4 years yet compare the 2 QB's rookie season. I think Hutch has better passing skills than Carter but that does not matter if you putting the ball on the ground as Hutch as done. I guess that makes me a hater of Hutchinson too. After all he is the one who is wet behind the ears but not many were hollering about him playing behind a poor line or his lack of a running game. Sorry but this is very hypocitical to bend over backwards to defend Carter yet rag on Hutchinson.

BINGO. Ultimately, I root for whomever is behind center. I root for the final score, no matter how we get there. I find it harder to root for guys like Testaverde than our homegrown guys.

That said, Hutch was out of the game, COMPLETELY for 4 years, two years ago he replaced Carter, who had one NFL season under his belt and a collegiate career, and yet their numbers were almost identical.

That's not exactly impressive.

I don't think either of them are NFL caliber QB's. I only hope Henson, or Romo shine.

Reaction score
Yep, I think anyone & everyone who has seen them both pass KNOWS Hutch is by far a better passer...

Lets see, the first year Q was just trying to learn how to take a snap...
2nd year, trying to not throw knuckle balls...
3rd year, work on not fumbling when not even being hit...

For that matter, he is still trying to learn all those things...

Lets hope a real NFL QB emerges!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
BINGO. Ultimately, I root for whomever is behind center. I root for the final score, no matter how we get there. I find it harder to root for guys like Testaverde than our homegrown guys.

That said, Hutch was out of the game, COMPLETELY for 4 years, two years ago he replaced Carter, who had one NFL season under his belt and a collegiate career, and yet their numbers were almost identical.

That's not exactly impressive.

I don't think either of them are NFL caliber QB's. I only hope Henson, or Romo shine.

But Quincy had another new system and an OC and owner out to get him. ;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Yep, I think anyone & everyone who has seen them both pass KNOWS Hutch is by far a better passer...

Lets see, the first year Q was just trying to learn how to take a snap...
2nd year, trying to not throw knuckle balls...
3rd year, work on not fumbling when not even being hit...

For that matter, he is still trying to learn all those things...

Lets hope a real NFL QB emerges!

The guy I can't stand in all of this is neither Carter or Hutch....Carter has a great work ethic, how can you not admire that? And Hutch, well after watching the beating he took that year and how tough he is, I gained respect for him. That offensive line they played behind that year might have been the worst I have ever seen.

The guy I can't stand in all of this is JERRY!

Ya know it still amazes me how thin the talent on this team is because of his decisions....and that's after having THREE 5-11 seasons and prime draft position.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Ah HH, I do love to make you smile. :)
And you DO come out with some good ones.

You know what, Juke?

After just experiencing the exhileration of saying once again what I think about Mr GALLOWASTE, and indulging in the purifying process of unadulterated playuh hatin' (it's a GOOD kind of "hate", clears the air, and w/o any real malice towards a player) I realized that open trashing of players, which is a right and a "rite" of fandom, is what is actually MISSING in this endless Carter-Hutch debate.

We're all so nervous about being labeled hater or apologist, we don't do what fans of other teams do with such joyous abandon - God only knows Jets fans do it 24/7- trash the team!

Or maybe it's just you're such a genteel crowd, or just so used to winning, calling a scrub a scrub doesn't come easy to you.

But at this point in the long debate, I would love to see some honest, open, sincere trashing in the vein of "Quincy can't hit the side of a barn door", and "Hutch couldn't see a rush coming if it gave him an engraved invitation" type nonsense. We don't even do that on the smack board here.

I mean, they both suck, so let's freaking revel it, and revile Jerry for it!! :p

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Q_the_man said:

i thought Hutchinson would win the starting job but Carter outplayed him

Little Jr

Reaction score
The only thing that Q is better at is pocket presence. Don't give me mobility. I don't count mobility when you don't use it or when you do use it you make horrible decisons.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I wish him luck but I hope it's for a different team.

I would bet that it would be, although I would rather keep him than Romo.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Q_the_man said:

who in the name of drunken norse gods cares? is there any reason you need to bring this up in such a SLAM IN YOUR FACE manner? you gonna bend it over WHEN q is gone soon and take it all back in the same manner you dish it out?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
And you DO come out with some good ones.

You know what, Juke?

After just experiencing the exhileration of saying once again what I think about Mr GALLOWASTE, and indulging in the purifying process of unadulterated playuh hatin' (it's a GOOD kind of "hate", clears the air, and w/o any real malice towards a player) I realized that open trashing of players, which is a right and a "rite" of fandom, is what is actually MISSING in this endless Carter-Hutch debate.

We're all so nervous about being labeled hater or apologist, we don't do what fans of other teams do with such joyous abandon - God only knows Jets fans do it 24/7- trash the team!

Or maybe it's just you're such a genteel crowd, or just so used to winning, calling a scrub a scrub doesn't come easy to you.

But at this point in the long debate, I would love to see some honest, open, sincere trashing in the vein of "Quincy can't hit the side of a barn door", and "Hutch couldn't see a rush coming if it gave him an engraved invitation" type nonsense. We don't even do that on the smack board here.

I mean, they both suck, so let's freaking revel it, and revile Jerry for it!! :p

ah HH, if you weren't already married...
:D

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I have always maintained that Hutch had better physical tools than Quincy.

That is where it ends for me.

But I also think comparing a player who had played football for the last four years versus a player who had been out of football was idiotic.

They were never on the same level as far as I was concerned.

That is why I never compared them. To suggest Quincy was not ahead of Hutch was foolish by some.

To think Quincy was greatly ahead of Hutch ignores the stats after nboth played in the 2002 season.

Hutch should have been groomed. Quincy saw to it he was not by acting like a moron and getting benched.

But at no time have I ever thought Hutch would take the job from Quincy. Nor should he.

But I did think that if they gave Hutch a reasonable time to learn the game and get back into football shape both physically and mentally, that the competition would be much closer than what we have seen.

I might not bet against Hutch then.

Status
Not open for further replies.