Honestly, who felt that Hutch was better than

Status
Not open for further replies.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I'm willing to hitch my star to whatever QB Tuna chooses. And support him as the starter, be it Vin, Q, Tony, Hutch or Henson. But right now the starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys is named Quincy Carter, and ripping him up and down the board ad nauseum, ad infinitum is unseemly, and frankly, pitiful. Bill WILL play the best player, and for now it's Carter. What Vinnie once was, or Henson may someday be is irrevelant.

LaTunaNostra said:
After just experiencing the exhileration of saying once again what I think about Mr GALLOWASTE, and indulging in the purifying process of unadulterated playuh hatin' (it's a GOOD kind of "hate", clears the air, and w/o any real malice towards a player) I realized that open trashing of players, which is a right and a "rite" of fandom, is what is actually MISSING in this endless Carter-Hutch debate.

We're all so nervous about being labeled hater or apologist, we don't do what fans of other teams do with such joyous abandon - God only knows Jets fans do it 24/7- trash the team!

But at this point in the long debate, I would love to see some honest, open, sincere trashing in the vein of "Quincy can't hit the side of a barn door", and "Hutch couldn't see a rush coming if it gave him an engraved invitation" type nonsense. We don't even do that on the smack board here.

I mean, they both suck, so let's freaking revel it, and revile Jerry for it!! :p

Flip Flop.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Uhh, that was a facetious (look it up) post to a friend.

One with a sense of humour, I might add, which greatly enhances the atmosphere here.

(Juke, you're tops!)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yep, I think anyone & everyone who has seen them both pass KNOWS Hutch is by far a better passer

You knowledge of the game, or rather lack thereof, shining through!

Hutch throws harder, I'll give him that.

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Yep, I think anyone & everyone who has seen them both pass KNOWS Hutch is by far a better passer...

Lets see, the first year Q was just trying to learn how to take a snap...
2nd year, trying to not throw knuckle balls...
3rd year, work on not fumbling when not even being hit...

For that matter, he is still trying to learn all those things...

Lets hope a real NFL QB emerges!

CARTER WORKING ON NOT FUMBLING??????

Talk to my sig because I ain't even tryin to hear that.........

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
(Juke, you're tops!)

... taking a bow...banging my head on the computer desk

Awwwww shucks....

annnnnd...I even know what "facetious" means, without the dictionary in hand.

peering around to see if HOS saw HH call me "tops"

Oh the envious mud slingers will be out in full force tonight!

:D

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Uhh, that was a facetious (look it up) post to a friend.

One with a sense of humour, I might add, which greatly enhances the atmosphere here.

(Juke, you're tops!)

And that plain text was easily distinguished as humor how? I was just giving you a hard time for dogging the QC critics and then coming back with the same type of behavior yourself. No need to try to look down your nose at me by insinuating (look it up :D ) that I don't know what facetious means.

You flip flopped on other issues, no reason for me to think that you didn't here as well. Sorry if I misinterpreted the gist of your post.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
... taking a bow...banging my head on the computer desk

Awwwww shucks....

annnnnd...I even know what "facetious" means, without the dictionary in hand.

peering around to see if HOS saw HH call me "tops"

Oh the envious mud slingers will be out in full force tonight!
I'm just buttering you up for the signature pic of all signature pics. :eek:

Remember the puppet string motif to the Godfather films, Juke? The hands with the strings logo that was the GF's symbol?

Imagine those strings pulled by a stern and omnipotent Bill Parcells in his dark blue Cowboys sweatshirt, or in his blue dress suit. Dangling from the strings are action figures of AB, Terry, and Key. (or the QBS, same theme)

On the masthead, "La Tuna Nostra".

Just a thought.

I'm out for the weekend.

Have a good one, all! :D

Later!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I'm just buttering you up for the signature pic of all signature pics. :eek:

Remember the puppet string motif to the Godfather films, Juke? The hands with the strings logo that was the GF's symbol?

Imagine those strings pulled by a stern and omnipotent Bill Parcells in his dark blue Cowboys sweatshirt, or in his blue dress suit. Dangling from the strings are action figures of AB, Terry, and Key. (or the QBS, same theme)

On the masthead, "La Tuna Nostra".

Just a thought.

I'm out for the weekend.

Have a good one, all! :D

Later!

Well, it worked...

Have a good one....I'll have it done for ya in a few days.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Looking at both players rookie season I think they were about even, the biggest differance one guy entered the league right out of college football ranks, the other had not played in 4 years yet compare the 2 QB's rookie season. I think Hutch has better passing skills than Carter but that does not matter if you putting the ball on the ground as Hutch as done. I guess that makes me a hater of Hutchinson too. After all he is the one who is wet behind the ears but not many were hollering about him playing behind a poor line or his lack of a running game. Sorry but this is very hypocitical to bend over backwards to defend Carter yet rag on Hutchinson.
Carter won 3 games as a rookie. Hutch won 2. Hutch LOOKED better but had worse results where it counted.

Therein lies the difference. Carter can and always will win more games while not necessarily looking great or even good. BP realized this thus Hutch is getting a bus ticket soon while Carter is starting.

Hutch may not even be in the league this year and if he is it will probably be on a practice squad somewhere.

blindzebra

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Carter won 3 games as a rookie. Hutch won 2. Hutch LOOKED better but had worse results where it counted.

Therein lies the difference. Carter can and always will win more games while not necessarily looking great or even good. BP realized this thus Hutch is getting a bus ticket soon while Carter is starting.

Hutch may not even be in the league this year and if he is it will probably be on a practice squad somewhere.

The 2002 OL was terrible. The team stopped playing after Emmitt got the record. Hutchinson had not played in 4 years and he still had equal numbers and only lost 1 more game than Carter who came from college.

Yeah, I can see where you can draw the Carter can win, but Hutchinson will be on a practice squad at best, assumption. :rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jterrell said:

so, since carter barely beat out hutch, and hutch won't even be in the league in a year, is that really a ringing endorsement for carter?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Hutch will not qualify for the practice squad. He has suited up for too many games.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Yep, I think anyone & everyone who has seen them both pass KNOWS Hutch is by far a better passer...

Lets see, the first year Q was just trying to learn how to take a snap...
2nd year, trying to not throw knuckle balls...
3rd year, work on not fumbling when not even being hit...

For that matter, he is still trying to learn all those things...

Lets hope a real NFL QB emerges!

No, that is not the truth. If the Boys release hutch, I'm not so sure he'll get picked up by anyone else.

blindzebra

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
Hutch will not qualify for the practice squad. He has suited up for too many games.

Since when does accuracy matter, when it comes to supporting Carter by putting down Hutchinson?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I am with others. I don't understand the point of this thread but OK.

Here are the statistical comparisons on each QBs rookie seasons. Not what you asked but probably the fairest way to compare them.

Hutchinson

G 9/GS 9, ATT 250/Comp 127/Comp % 50.8, Yds 1555/YPA 6.22/YPC 12.24, TD 7/INT 8

Rush ATT 18, Yds 74, APC 4.1, TDs 0, Fmbl 12/Lost 8.

Carter

G 8/GS 8, ATT 176/Comp 90/Comp % 51.1, Yds 1072/YPA 6.09/YPC 11.91, TD 5/INT 7

Rush ATT 45, Yds 150, APC 3.3 TDs 1, Fmbl 5/Lost 2.

Somebody mentioned that Carter came right from College to the NFL and I think that is an important point. On the other hand, to be fair, Hutchinson probably had more actual time to get ready for the season since he was signed early and did not have to wait to be drafted. Does it balance out? I don't know but those are the facts.

If you look at those stats, I think they bare out what we all know to be true. Hutchinson is probably the superior passer. The problem is that he puts the ball on the turf. His numbers, IMO, are superior or equal to Carters in everything except fumbles and that's key. I believe the line play in Carters rookie year was probably better but that's certainly debatable.

As far as last year, I don't know that there is a question to be answered. Hutchinson never really got the opportunity to compete with Carter and so, Carter was better because he was really the only one who got the opportunity. I don't think he beat Hutchinson out, which is not to say that he couldn't. Only that there really was no compatition. If we can believe what Dale and others said last year, it was pretty evident from practices who the starter would be.

Either way, this is really of no importance IMO. Hutchinson is probably the odd man out. If he finds success in the NFL, it will probably have to be on another team. Carter has it all in front of him and a player really couldn't ask for more. Either way, we should finally know more by mid season.

twa

Reaction score
why waste time arguing,both have major holes in thier game and never should have had a chance to be the starter for the boys.H ;) ell even Pueller was better.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
twa said:
why waste time arguing,both have major holes in thier game and never should have had a chance to be the starter for the boys.H ;) ell even Pueller was better.

And when you cut through all the BS, that my friends, is what you have left.

Good show twa.

twa

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I'm with you Juke.
I'll jump in and agree ,mainly because he is a better passer which is a qb's main quality.This is like trying to choose between a one legged man and a one arm man :D

Status
Not open for further replies.