Honestly who's upset with the NT and Safety position

Jarntt

Reaction score
Yes, he was.

You BAP guys are hilarious. You simply deny anything that doesn't fit your agenda. Taco was rated higher than Watt.

I thought it was a bad pick myself.
The team stated after the draft that they had a higher grade on King. So, how can Taco have been the BPA?
I think it's clear who has the agenda here

kskboys

Reaction score
The team stated after the draft that they had a higher grade on King. So, how can Taco have been the BPA?
I think it's clear who has the agenda here
Yes, it is very clear. Taco didn't work out, so people claim he was strictly a need pick.

There was a group of players who were rated about the same at his pick. He was a bad pick, but it wasn't because he was overdrafted.

My agenda is pointing out incorrect info.

kskboys

Reaction score
Pure Nose Tackles are taken on day 3. A pure Nose tackle is what many have been asking for so I see no reason for anyone to be upset with our approach to getting one late in the draft. Now safety I can understand. All we can do is hope they bring in another vet like Hooker to compete instead of trying to rely on converting one of our rookie or vet corners to FS.
That all comes down to whether there was a difference maker available at NT, such as Reader, Kenny Clark, or Wilfork. Most likely not.

RandyOh

Reaction score
That all comes down to whether there was a difference maker available at NT, such as Reader, Kenny Clark, or Wilfork. Most likely not.
If there was I would be throwing a fit that we didnt take him in the 2nd or trade back into the 1st to get him. Day 2 was filled with Trysten Hill and Neville Gallimore level DTs. We didn't need another one, but we took one regardless. Really wish this was the year Vita Vea was entering the draft.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, it is very clear. Taco didn't work out, so people claim he was strictly a need pick.

There was a group of players who were rated about the same at his pick. He was a bad pick, but it wasn't because he was overdrafted.

People are also claiming he was BPA, when he clearly wasnt

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yeah, but when was the last time we found one? George Teague? and they haven't emphasized the nose tackle in forever.

Well originally a nose tackle was the big guy in the middle in a 3-4 defense, and nothing but. Now it's not so cut and dried. Any player who plays either the 0 or 0 technique position is a "nose tackle". But for years Dallas ran the "traditional" 4-3 defense, which did not place a tackle directly over the center, the "nose".

So I guess they didn't emphasize the nose tackle, they didn't use one....

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He clearly was.

You're taking for granted that there is a clear BPA. There is not.
I think you got yourself in trouble and you clearly trying to spin yourself out of it. They made it very clearly that they took him over higher rated players because of need. That is the very definition of a need pick, and the antithesis of BPA. When they come right and say that took a player due to need, it makes gray areas between need and bpa black and white

kskboys

Reaction score
I think you got yourself in trouble and you clearly trying to spin yourself out of it. They made it very clearly that they took him over higher rated players because of need. That is the very definition of a need pick, and the antithesis of BPA. When they come right and say that took a player due to need, it makes gray areas between need and bpa black and white
No sir, that is not the case. If they declared that, then it shows how silly our org is.

There are many different ways to rate players, and there's seldom a clear difference, especially at different positions.

You know, when you accuse others, it's often yourself that is guilty of the prescribed claim. Sure would be nice to have a convo instead of the stupid kiddie stuff. I know you don't care, but I'm disappointed in you for the weak accusation.

Anyway, gotta go, reply how you will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Taco's ranking varied depending on who you listened to. Walter Football had Taco as the no. 2 ranked DE, right behind Garrett, who went first overall, so there would have been an argument that at the Cowboys' draft spot, Taco was the bpa, at least as far as DEs go. And the "always draft bpa" isn't a strategy that any NFL team uses totally, they ALL factor in need....

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No sir, that is not the case. If they declared that, then it shows how silly our org is.

There are many different ways to rate players, and there's seldom a clear difference, especially at different positions.

You know, when you accuse others, it's often yourself that is guilty of the prescribed claim. Sure would be nice to have a convo instead of the stupid kiddie stuff. I know you don't care, but I'm disappointed in you for the weak accusation.

Anyway, gotta go, reply how you will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your spinning poor logic. If you think are going your last paragraph is going to shame me, your wrong. Im made no accusation, just an observation.

And far as them declaring Taco was a need pick. Silly or not thats litterally what did. Which your point about him being BPA, and frankly moot

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Taco's ranking varied depending on who you listened to. Walter Football had Taco as the no. 2 ranked DE, right behind Garrett, who went first overall, so there would have been an argument that at the Cowboys' draft spot, Taco was the bpa, at least as far as DEs go. And the "always draft bpa" isn't a strategy that any NFL team uses totally, they ALL factor in need....
This about the Cowboys outright saying they drafted Taco over higher rated players because they needed a DE

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This about the Cowboys outright saying they drafted Taco over higher rated players because they needed a DE

I'd have to see a clip where they said that, I'll check but if you have one, please share.

I don't recall that, but can't remember everything. Maybe I blocked Taco out of my mind to ease the suffering. ;)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hill has helped make himself a cut option. Maybe Quinn can light a fire under him because before Frost left him at UCF, he was coming on and emerging.

Something wrong with him. Marinelli comes to his defense and talks them into taking him and even he turned south on him. Maybe what happened at UCF was just an excuse for the lack of heart to do it.
Hill was playing at a high level before he got injured. Don't quit so easily.

Jarntt

Reaction score

Perhaps the issue is you don't understand what BPA means? It means nothing other than taking the highest rated player on your board regardless of position. King was the highest rated player on the Cowboys board. We know this because they said it. He was the only player left that the Cowboys had a first round grade on. They had a 2nd round grade on Taco. So, you are not pointing out correct info, you are continuing to deny what happened for some reason.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
athough i'm hearing that 6th rd pick Israel Mukuamu may be asked to move to safety. He played both CB and safety in College.
and he got 3 INT in a single game vs Georgia.
I've seen that kid in person quite a few times even though he played for my rival this kid is a stud make no mistake about it. He dropped because he was constantly being swapped around that defense by Muschamp to fill other holes. I honestly think his best position is safety because he is lethal when facing the ball in zone coverage. It's funny his draft profile reads almost identical to Kazee's coming out of college I honestly think Quinn is going to get the most out that kid.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I am apathetic to this franchise. The last 25 years of Jerry and his cronies running things has did that. It does not make me furious.

I just have to laugh at how this front office does not value the NT or safety and year after year, this defense is soft as tissue paper and we get gashed constantly.