Hope Dak's a cerebral QB

Qcard

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy on Dak Prescott:

“He’s a great one. … You’re going to be able to run the whole offense and then some. Our offensive system will be built around making the quarterback successful."

These Dak haters and their subtle "issues" that might hinder Dak in some out dated version of the WC offense in their "QB Whisperer" vantage point...

What part of the press conference did Mike McCarthy switch to fake news when quoted above statement...

Cerebral enough???....dumb OP

garyo1954

Reaction score
Just saw Cam Newton is to be traded in March.
Start a Cowboy rumor quick!

Qcard

Reaction score
Errrrrr wrong. He made this statement during the Press Conference flanked by Stephen and Jerry, with the national media live broadcasting....

Please translate what he really meant? It must have been the fake news portion of press conference.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Errrrrr wrong. He made this statement during the Press Conference flanked by Stephen and Jerry, with the national media live broadcasting....

Please translate what he really meant? It must have been the fake news portion of press conference.

Do you HONESTLY think he knows what he can do before he gets in the building? :muttley::facepalm:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy on Dak Prescott:

“He’s a great one. … You’re going to be able to run the whole offense and then some. Our offensive system will be built around making the quarterback successful."

These Dak haters and their subtle "issues" that might hinder Dak in some out dated version of the WC offense in their "QB Whisperer" vantage point...

What part of the press conference did Mike McCarthy switch to fake news when quoted above statement...

Cerebral enough???....dumb OP
You can't be crazy enough to think he would say anything other than something nice? Can you point me to the person who seriously crapped on a player during an opening press conference. Also using your logic nobody ever lies because what they say out their mouth is 100% truth. Defending Dak doesn't mean you have to make yourself look stupid sir.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sorry.

So, we have to wait another 5 or 6 years to expect Dak to understand the offense?

Five years later we have threads like.....

"Give Dak a chance he's still learning the offense!"
"Dak is still improving! He's $65 Million QB, pay the man!"

Better?
I got that part....are there reports that Dak doesn’t understand the offense?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sounds good sir but you can post your degree to show me how much better you think you're doing than me in this category. Otherwise you just out here riding Daks jock sir
I’m not the one trying to make myself look better because I feel intimidated by Dak having two degrees lol.

And let’s be honest. You post more about Dak than anyone on this site. You’re the one with his jock all up in your mouth.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I got that part....are there reports that Dak doesn’t understand the offense?

Don't take everything serious. It all stems from Rich Gannon who was a QB under McCarthy saying Dak would have to move to the complex during the offseason (to learn the offense).

zerofill

Reaction score
If a bonehead like Farve was able to understand the concepts, I don't think it's going to be an issue for Dak.

I dunno... did Farve every throw where the play was supposed to go? lol I thought he just made stuff up himself hehe.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see Favre and "high IQ" together.
3m9eyz.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m not the one trying to make myself look better because I feel intimidated by Dak having two degrees lol.

And let’s be honest. You post more about Dak than anyone on this site. You’re the one with his jock all up in your mouth.
Who tried to make themselves feel better by stating the obvious? Now football is all about degrees now? I guess Fitzpatrick is the best QB using this logic? You're not making sense because why would I feel intimidated by Daks degrees? Please make sense sir and stop your bird babble. As far as Daks jock all in my mouth sounds wrong. You do more defending of a man you have no connection to looks worse than me constantly saying he's average. Who's really a jock rider sir the male groupie aka yourself or someone that doesn't have a average QB on a pedestal for off the field reasons because it sure as hell ain't on the field reasons. Dak done mesmerized y'all by being nice smh.

FanSince71

Reaction score
The simple fact that he has college degrees does NOT factor into his physical performance on the football field, but I would challenge that having the mental capacity and discipline to achieve said degrees does, in fact, speak to his ability to learn complicated schemes, diagnose situations pre-snap and go thru his progressions during the play. Being an NFL QB is too cerebral to suggest brains have nothing to do with it.

Remember that there is a physical and mental side to football. Especially QB.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Irvin was on 105.3 the fan this morning. He said he played in the Pro Bowl under the 49ers West coast offense. He said it was extremely difficult to understand, but Aikman was so cerebral, he was able to understand it and simplify it for Irvin.

Think about the QBs McCarthy had under this offense.... Montana, Steve Young, Favre, and Rogers. They all had high QB IQs.

I think Dak will be just fine.

Ummmm I don't think Brett Favre is that smart. But he is a good QB with a rifle arm.

Qcard

Reaction score
It was a job interview, not Truth or Dare. He can say anything he wants.
You can't be crazy enough to think he would say anything other than something nice? Can you point me to the person who seriously crapped on a player during an opening press conference. Also using your logic nobody ever lies because what they say out their mouth is 100% truth. Defending Dak doesn't mean you have to make yourself look stupid sir.
So, you think McCarthy is lying or isn't saying the truth because he wants to be "nice" to a professional QB whom just turned down $33 million per Season:lmao2:

Your logic falls apart when peeled back.

Could it be McCarthy thinks Dak is great and can execute the entire offense because McCarthy studied the top offenses and QBs in 2019?

garyo1954

Reaction score
So, you think McCarthy is lying or isn't saying the truth because he wants to be "nice" to a professional QB whom just turned down $33 million per Season:lmao2:

Your logic falls apart when peeled back.

Could it be McCarthy thinks Dak is great and can execute the entire offense because McCarthy studied the top offenses and QBs in 2019?

You have to be naive to think everybody tells the truth.

cowboyed

Reaction score

McCarthy abundantly displayed courage and focus during his press conference. He was close quarter flanked to his right by Stephen "Rosacea Moon Pitted Face Frankenstein", and to his left byJerry "Age Spot Brown Mushroom Sprouting Crypt Keeper".

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
He's more cerebral than most of his haters on this board.
Someone needs to learn the difference between haters and critics.
And the critics are for the most part right.
We don't sniff Dak's jock strap on a daily basis .

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Me neither. He needs to see a guy open to throw it. He anticipates nothing because I don't think he's capable of it.

I think this offense is a terrible fit for the QB. McCarthy's going to have to adjust.

That's why he kept Moore. Use the concepts that make Dak look good on paper while implementing some new elements. Atleast for year 1.