Hope is not a strategy

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
What is amusing is the notion that one trade is going to magically make the defense work.

Our corner depth especially without Oscan is suspect. Our S depth sucks. We have a bunch of young development guys in the front 7.

Some people think a guy like 2012 Seymour -who OAK gave up a 1st for- is going to fix that. This mentality that a quick fix has to exist is childish frankly.

Seymour was a free agent last season and available when our D was struggling with injuries & stopping the run. But go ahead and speak about trading for Seymour when that was obviously not what I suggested because it fits your agenda to paint the discussion that way. If anyone is being emotional and defensive it is not me Fuzzy. Relying on injured players NOW, not when they were drafted or acquired, is a poor strategy. Even if Cowboys do not make any impactful trades, they should still seek healthy players instead of planning on a whole contingent of D players to get healthy (and even if they do, what is the likelihood of them being 100%?), especially those coming back from extremely serious injuries (Melton, Spencer) or situations (Brent).

And I would advocate trading either/both Claiborne or Carr before trade deadline (after Scandrick is back) because neither of these players are a good fit (Claiborne under Marinelli or Carr because of contract) even if for draft picks. I know you believe that trades are "pie in the sky" but trades do occur in this league. And while I believe Cowboys need several players at impact positions, I am advocating that the Cowboys seek ONE opportunity NOW, specifically on the DL.

There are teams that have needs as well. Jets are dying for corners. Rams need a starting QB. Jags and Panthers need WRs. Uncertainty is everywhere, the difference is what steps are being taken to resolve it.