Hostile Mock 2.0

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;2590843 said:
Cowboys 2nd round pick. Sean Smith, SS, Utah, 6'3", 214. Can play CB or S. Had 5 picks in 2008 and returned 1 for a score. Broke up 8 passes. Big, physical and comes to play every down.

610x.jpg

CB Sean Smith, Utah Thomas : 1/13/2009 2:33 pm

Well, it's time to start looking at draft prospects. The silver lining of the early end to the season is our draft position: Lots of picks, I assume in the #27 position?

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210 lbs.
NFL comparisons: Chris McAlister, Nnamdi Asomugha
*Is expected to run in the high 4.3's to the low 4.4's.
*5 INTs in '08, including several game-changers
*Considered a bit of a tweener, may be able to play S. That's where the Asomugha comparisons really gain steam - Asomugha played a lot of S at Cal.
*Built a reputation as a big, physical player with good ball skills

After Utah beat up Alabama in the postseason, Sean Smith said:

"Maybe they were upset that they weren't in the national championship game. But you just don't go out and play like you don't want to be in the Sugar Bowl. I don't think they expected us to come out firing on all cylinders like we did."

In that game, he guarded Tide star 6'4" WR Julio Jones and played extremely well, gaining accolades from Nick Saban after the game.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=322118

My first thought was this sounds like another Pat Watkins but after further review, comparisons to the likes of Chris McCalister and Nnamdi Asomuga have really sparked my interest. Makes me think he may be a sleeper if he falls to us in the 2nd round.:eek: