Hot Draft Rumor page leading up to the draft

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I think McKinley and McDowell are better than Barnett or Harris

Sydla

Reaction score
I said this over a month ago and was flammed here. Harris has better burst and bend. That's what translates best in the NFL. Barnett is an Anthony Spencer type player. Good vs run 6 sacks.

And yet Barnett was the far more productive player in the same conference. Harris' best sack total was the worst in Barnett's career.

This smells like one of those times when one falls in love with tools and ignores production. It how a guy ike Dion Jordan gets drafted 4th.

DFWJC

Reaction score
And yet Barnett was the far more productive player in the same conference. Harris' best sack total was the worst in Barnett's career.

This smells like one of those times when one falls in love with tools and ignores production. It how a guy ike Dion Jordan gets drafted 4th.
Would love to get Barnett.
Not happening though

Sydla

Reaction score
I saw a rumor somewhere that Dallas really likes Obi Melifonwu as a possible trade up in round 1. I'll try and find the exact post but was wondering if anyone has heard that

I saw a rumor that if the Cowboys trade up in the first round to grab Obi Melifonwu, Sydla might no longer be a Cowboys fan.

Gaede

Reaction score

Exactly. Happens every year.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I diasgree.his bend,and hand usage(the best int he draft) make him a better prospect than Harris who is not very good with his hands
We will know in 2-3 years. I just don't see enough quickness or burst in Barnett. I could be wrong but we'll see.

If I had to compare the 2 I'd compare :

Barnett=Anthony Spencer
Harris = Whitney Mercilus

Both are good starters ones better vs run the other is better at rushing. IMO

Sydla

Reaction score
We will know in 2-3 years. I just don't see enough quickness or burst in Barnett. I could be wrong but we'll see.

If I had to compare the 2 I'd compare :

Barnett=Anthony Spencer
Harris = Whitney Mercilus

Both are good starters ones better vs run the other is better at rushing. IMO

Which one is better at rushing?

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I saw a rumor somewhere that Dallas really likes Obi Melifonwu as a possible trade up in round 1. I'll try and find the exact post but was wondering if anyone has heard that

I don't want to move up, but I'd be stoked with Obi at 28. He's got all of the tools and he's smart and a hard worker to boot. And those who say he's all bark and no bite should check the statsheet.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I knew this would happen. I've been saying that teams would get lost in fit and measurables and the real sack artist Barnett would fall to us

I really hope this is true
So do I. Give me production over measurables any day. I am pretty sure all teams would draft Brady now. His measurables were down right awful but he always came away and won when it counted.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
So do I. Give me production over measurables any day. I am pretty sure all teams would draft Brady now. His measurables were down right awful but he always came away and won when it counted.

Brady's production was nothing compared to Timmy Chang's! Timmy! Timmy! Timmy!

AzorAhai

Reaction score

The article paints a less definitive light than the tweet, but this is a rumor thread soooo.

Normally I'd dismiss this because of the stupidity required to make that move, but it is the Browns....

RS12

Reaction score
I still think they go CB because they're painted into a corner (no pun intended) but if they want the impact with some risk, they go McDowell.
The ends are DLaw-level replacements that add nothing.
Could happen, but what really differentiates the DBs and 28 and the DBs at 60? I have said all along no matter who you take at 28 there will be warts.

RS12

Reaction score

The article paints a less definitive light than the tweet, but this is a rumor thread soooo.

Normally I'd dismiss this because of the stupidity required to make that move, but it is the Browns....

Welp, I guess the bright side for Browns fans would be drafting Sam Darnold next year.

Questfor6

Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense, or maybe I'm reading it wrong. The Bucs are thinking about moving back into the 1st round and possibly moving out all together? :huh:
They want Dalvin Cook but know he's a reach at 19 so why not try and get another 2ND for a new Punter this yr