Houston Astros MLB Playoffs

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yankees and Red Sox got officially warned for the same thing.

I feel sorry for people who are still obsessed w/ this.

The Astros really need to win this Series. Otherwise, some will still trot out the "cheater" label, saying "See, the Astros can't win unless they cheat".

I'm actually concerned about the Phillies, they put up 28 runs in their 5 games against the Padres, with Houston leaving way too many men on base in their playoff games, Altuve's poor batting and so forth I'm wondering if the Phillies may be able to hit well against the Astros. Now it's very possible the American League is much better,overall, than the National and Houston appears to be the much more balanced team.

Maybe I'm just a worry wart, just my nature I guess.

By the way, my oldest son called last night, he bought my wife and I two tickets to game 1. We already have tickets to see Elton John in San Antonio this Saturday, gonna be a great weekend!

Flamma

Reaction score
I hope the Astros sweep the Phillies. I despise anything Philadelphia. I hate that rotten apple of a city. I'm a Yankees fan and I'd root for the Redsox if they were playing the Phillies. What the hell is a philly anyway? A girl? A horse? A clown that lives in Philadelphia, similar to the Texans?
Besides that, what the hell is a flier? Besides the Eagles they have some of the strangest names. I get fliers telling me of a new Chinese restaurant. Is that what they are? Now to the 76ers. Can someone tell me what that is?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I hope the Astros sweep the Phillies. I despise anything Philadelphia. I hate that rotten apple of a city. I'm a Yankees fan and I'd root for the Redsox if they were playing the Phillies. What the hell is a philly anyway? A girl? A horse? A clown that lives in Philadelphia, similar to the Texans?
Besides that, what the hell is a flier? Besides the Eagles they have some of the strangest names. I get fliers telling me of a new Chinese restaurant. Is that what they are? Now to the 76ers. Can someone tell me what that is?

:laugh:

Flamma

Reaction score
If the Astros don't win game 2, they won't make it back to Houston.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I hope the Astros sweep the Phillies. I despise anything Philadelphia. I hate that rotten apple of a city. I'm a Yankees fan and I'd root for the Redsox if they were playing the Phillies. What the hell is a philly anyway? A girl? A horse? A clown that lives in Philadelphia, similar to the Texans? Now to the 76ers. Can someone tell me what that is?
Sorry for your misery. So, let "a girl" explain to you the meaning of a Phillie, NOT "Philly" as you had written.

Noun. Phillie (plural Phillies) (baseball) A player that plays for the Philadelphia Phillies. A Filly, is a female horse.

76ers, often referred to simply as the Sixers, the team is the oldest franchise in the NBA & is named for the 1776 signing of the Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia. Surprised you didn't learn that in school.

Flamma

Reaction score
Sorry for your misery. So, let "a girl" explain to you the meaning of a Phillie, NOT "Philly" as you had written.

Noun. Phillie (plural Phillies) (baseball) A player that plays for the Philadelphia Phillies. A Filly, is a female horse.

76ers, often referred to simply as the Sixers, the team is the oldest franchise in the NBA & is named for the 1776 signing of the Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia. Surprised you didn't learn that in school.

Most of my post was in jest. It's hard to believe someone actually thought I was being serious. That's ok, this is a message board. The only Philadelphia team I hate are the Eagles. I have no problem or dislike for any other team. In fact, I have a 50 dollar bet on the Phillies to beat Houston with my friend. I honestly think they're going to win. I was just talking to him today and laughing about them blowing the 5 run lead.

Take that post with a grain of salt. I purposely wrote that post to sound ridiculous. ZERO chance I ever root for the Redsox! But I really didn't know what a 76er was. Shame on me.

Flamma

Reaction score
If the Astros lose tonight, they're never getting back to Houston.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Most of my post was in jest. It's hard to believe someone actually thought I was being serious. That's ok, this is a message board. The only Philadelphia team I hate are the Eagles. I have no problem or dislike for any other team. In fact, I have a 50 dollar bet on the Phillies to beat Houston with my friend. I honestly think they're going to win. I was just talking to him today and laughing about them blowing the 5 run lead.
Lol. All is good my friend. My parents always took me to Phillies games when I was a little girl. I thank them to this day they never took me to an Egals game lol. I understand your hate because I absolutely loathe the Egals. Not a basketball fan or hockey fan so there's that. I'm getting too old waiting for our Cowboys to win another championship of my favorite teams. So, the Phillies are my only chances of maybe seeing another championship. But, being I also loathe the Braves like the Egals, that was my championship seeing the Phil's beat them whether they win the WS or not, as strange as it may sound.

What's weird. The Phillies only won 87 games and Atalanta won 88 games last year and made it all the way. After losing Harper for 2 months, then firing the Skipper and losing the last series to the Cubs, the season was over, so one thought. It's really so surreal. After Thomson took over, the Phillies caught lightning in a bottle. :)

Flamma

Reaction score
Lol. All is good my friend. My parents always took me to Phillies games when I was a little girl. I thank them to this day they never took me to an Egals game lol. I understand your hate because I absolutely loathe the Egals. Not a basketball fan or hockey fan so there's that. I'm getting too old waiting for our Cowboys to win another championship of my favorite teams. So, the Phillies are my only chances of maybe seeing another championship. But, being I also loathe the Braves like the Egals, that was my championship seeing the Phil's beat them whether they win the WS or not, as strange as it may sound.

What's weird. The Phillies only won 87 games and Atalanta won 88 games last year and made it all the way. After losing Harper for 2 months, then firing the Skipper and losing the last series to the Cubs, the season was over, so one thought. It's really so surreal. After Thomson took over, the Phillies caught lightning in a bottle. :)

I'll admit, I really didn't know what a 76er was, and that's embarrassing. It should have been obvious.

I think the Phillies were 21-29 when they fired Girardi. How embarrassing must it be for him now? He can't escape this. His team is in the WS, and it looks like his removal is the reason.

I'm not longer a NBA or NHL fan. I used to be when I was younger. I was a Knicks fan. I hated the Celtics and the Lakers. I remember being so happy when the Sixers swept the Lakers. That Sixers team was amazing.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Astros really need to win this Series. Otherwise, some will still trot out the "cheater" label, saying "See, the Astros can't win unless they cheat".

I'm actually concerned about the Phillies, they put up 28 runs in their 5 games against the Padres, with Houston leaving way too many men on base in their playoff games, Altuve's poor batting and so forth I'm wondering if the Phillies may be able to hit well against the Astros. Now it's very possible the American League is much better,overall, than the National and Houston appears to be the much more balanced team.

Maybe I'm just a worry wart, just my nature I guess.

By the way, my oldest son called last night, he bought my wife and I two tickets to game 1. We already have tickets to see Elton John in San Antonio this Saturday, gonna be a great weekend!
Houston has a top 3 pitching staff. Much better overall than Padres.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"I'm actually concerned about the Phillies, they put up 28 runs in their 5 games against the Padres, with Houston leaving way too many men on base in their playoff games, Altuve's poor batting and so forth I'm wondering if the Phillies may be able to hit well against the Astros."

4-0 in two innings.

Astros may yet win the Series, but my concern is still valid.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
It’s amazing. Vs the Yankees the Astros look like a unstoppable dynasty, but once in the WS they look like something average.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm surprised it took 5 homers for Dusty to pull McCullers. I've seen that in the regular season when you don't want to burn out arms in June, but it's basically a best of five for all the marbles beginning tonight and Baker just let this one get away without making a move.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Several Philadelphia restaurants refused catering / serving Astros it was reported . Exactly the kind of behavior makes me dislike Philadelphia . It’s not normal .