Houston Chronicle: Time is ripe for Texans to overtake Cowboys in the eyes of Texas

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
960x0.webp

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/tex.../texans-cowboys-battle-for-texas-18688895.php

"....The Texans play the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium in Arlington this upcoming season. That will be a bigger game in the battle for the state than the franchise’s inaugural game. There was no chance the Texans could overtake the Cowboys back then. But now … they have the best and most popular quarterback in the state leading the way."
That's some funny stuff right there.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Regardless of my doubts about the Cowboys, the Texans aren't in the same stratosphere. Winning a game next season will barely move the needle because the Texans still blow
Right. Get back to us when the Texans have won five Super Bowls. Even winning one just draws temporary attention. They would have to establish themselves as a dynasty to take the shine off Dallas.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
960x0.webp

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/tex.../texans-cowboys-battle-for-texas-18688895.php

"....The Texans play the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium in Arlington this upcoming season. That will be a bigger game in the battle for the state than the franchise’s inaugural game. There was no chance the Texans could overtake the Cowboys back then. But now … they have the best and most popular quarterback in the state leading the way."
They could. Working on 2 generations that don’t care much about the Cowboys. With social media Dallas has been a complete joke.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Right. Get back to us when the Texans have won five Super Bowls. Even winning one just draws temporary attention. They would have to establish themselves as a dynasty to take the shine off Dallas.
Dallas hasnt won a SB in THIS century !! lol the "shine" is long gone.
If Houston can win a SB soon, they could become Texas's team and be more popular here than Dallas.
If your bringing up 5 superbowls , man your living in the past. Dallas was a great team, but those days are long gone.

Dallas is boring now.
Houston could be exciting .

I followed Houston with watson and the team before that, but I could see both teams just didnt have the HC or the QB.
Houston now has the better HC and better QB.
This team might do something,

Watson was good, but not that good, mainly he had the one good wr to bail him out till they traded him to arizona.
(still cant believe cleveland paid him all that money lol , that was pure insanity or super stupidity !! lol)

Houston is more interesting than dallas right now, it remains to be seen if they can do it again this season.
I think houston has a better chance of getting past the div round than dallas does.

Darkhound

Reaction score
I "hate" and I am veru upset atthe Cowboys and at Jerry Jones, but this Houston this overtaking is just STUPID LOL

gimmesix

Reaction score
Dallas hasnt won a SB in THIS century !! lol the "shine" is long gone.
If Houston can win a SB soon, they could become Texas's team and be more popular here than Dallas.
If your bringing up 5 superbowls , man your living in the past. Dallas was a great team, but those days are long gone.

Dallas is boring now.
Houston could be exciting .

I followed Houston with watson and the team before that, but I could see both teams just didnt have the HC or the QB.
Houston now has the better HC and better QB.
This team might do something,

Watson was good, but not that good, mainly he had the one good wr to bail him out till they traded him to arizona.
(still cant believe cleveland paid him all that money lol , that was pure insanity or super stupidity !! lol)

Houston is more interesting than dallas right now, it remains to be seen if they can do it again this season.
I think houston has a better chance of getting past the div round than dallas does.
Doesn't matter how exciting Houston could be, the Texans have a very long way to go to take the eyes of Texas off Dallas. The Cowboys are consistently and constantly one of the most-watched teams in the NFL, if not the most-watched.

Not saying that means much to us, but when you are going to write something like this, you need to realize Houston's chances of ever taking the focus off Dallas, especially for very long, are extremely slim.

_sturt_

Reaction score
For the record, I don't buy the HChron's columnist's optimism. I just posted the OP b/c I knew it would be worthy of some interest and conversation. It's a long road to get from where that franchise is in the big scheme of things to where the Cowboys popularity is.

That said, the nature of things is to evolve, too... scripts flip.. and there are no guarantees that what is a big deal today will be a big deal in 10 or 20 years.

Stroud is irrefutably uber-impressive. Joining the chorus, yes, I see Mahomes-like traits, no doubt about it. They may or may not ever get to Cowboys level popularity in the state of Texas, but they're definitely a hot stock to watch... you didn't hear it here first.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It appears they certainly have a much better QB. Dakstans might pop a vein in their heads after this matchup. I bet CJ doesn't do that ridiculous warmup dance thing either, or whatever it is.
CJ is not better than Dak, but shut the mouth and head over there already. Tired of your traitorous hating and whining.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I've pretty much liked the Texans as much as the Cowboys since their expansion, but they're never going to take over as Texas' team.

Stroud had a great rookie season, and they won a playoff game. But people need to pump the break a little on the Texans. Many QBs have sophomore slumps.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
I was just told 5 minutes ago that the Chiefs are going to be America's team and now I'm being told that Houston is going to take over Texas and leave Dallas behind LOL.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
960x0.webp

Maybe dak can get CJ Stroud's jersey after the choke job.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The difference between Dallas and Houston is that no matter how good or bad the Cowboys are, they will remain popular and the bandwagon will be full. On the other hand, Houston's fan base will jump off that bandwagon the first sign of trouble.

calico

Reaction score
I’ll be watching the Texans just as much as the cowboys next year. Jerry has wasted enough of my time the last 28 years. He’s not getting my attention anymore.
We already know next year will be a disaster, jerry will fire Mike, and then hire another retread whole running back that POS at QB. The Texans will probably win 2 super bowls before Dallas even gets back to the NFC title game.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
960x0.webp

I am being serious. The Dak haters should become Texan fans. Stroud is a good kid to root for.