Houston Fans: Classless

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
I went to the game last night, and I can honestly say that I have never seen a bigger bunch of classless morons in my life.

Of course, I've yet to attend a game in Philly.

I was constantly "F-YOU'd" during the entire game just for being a Cowboys fan. And any time the Texans did anything positive--and I mean anything--these fools would go off and get into the closest Cowboy fan's face. And if I had a dollar for every time I heard "19-10," I'd be able to buy the team from Jerry Jones.

Speaking of Jerry, what's the obsession with him with Houston fan? You would have thought Bud Adams now owned the Cowboys. To breakout in a stadium-wide taunt of Jerry at the end of the game was another example of how classless this outfit is.

People had shirts on that said "If Dallas is America's Team, I want to be Canadian!" And of course the 'ol standard, "DALLAS SUCKS!" shirts were on hand.

You would have actually thought that this was a playoff game for these fools.

Living in Houston, I knew Cowboys hate was strong, but I have never witnessed it so concentrated. The level of jealousy and envy for the Cowboys is hard to put into words. Frankly, it is laughable and pathetic.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
People had shirts on that said "If Dallas is America's Team, I want to be Canadian!" And of course the 'ol standard, "DALLAS SUCKS!" shirts were on hand.

I've got bad news for Houston fans: as a Canadian myself, I feel fairly confident in saying that the Cowboys are not just America's Team; they're also North America's Team.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
I went to the game last night, and I can honestly say that I have never seen a bigger bunch of classless morons in my life.

I think you're selling our group here at the Zone a little short. :)

Philly fans are beyond descrption...been there once...never again.

And Jet fans haven't exactly thrilled me either.

On the other hand, I have been to two games in Texas Stadium...and I have watched Commander fans there actually treated well...picked on but in a good natured way.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
And Jet fans haven't exactly thrilled me either.

You got that right. :D

HTown, funny post.

The ragging on Jerry even made the press. What's up with that?

Some concern five years from now Henson will be referred to as "the one who got away?"

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
It is kind of a surprise that most feel that way. After all, the Cowboys are still located in Texas.
I didn't get to attend the first meeting between Dallas and Carolina but I heard of alot of the same thing. One woman was quoted as saying that a big guy actually wanted to fight her for being a Cowboy fan and that as she was attempting to drive home, someone snatched her antenna flag off and ran. The law caught the guy and she did file charges. :)
People have told me over the years that they hate the Cowboys because they are tired of them winning all of the time. So to add fuel to the fire, my reply is, "So you hate them because your team hasn't won a Super Bowl yet?"
As my signature line says, five outta eight ain't bad. ;)

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
On a positive note, there were A LOT of Cowboys fans at the game last night. I think that is part of the cause of the hatred--the fact that there is a huge Cowboys fanbase in Houston.

And their tailgating set up is really nice. Huge numbers of tailgaters. I'll give 'em props for that. I wish we'd do something like that at TX Stadium.

I guess they don't realize how insane this Cowboys hate looks to Cowboys fans. And they refuse to accept the fact that there is no rilvary.

calico

Reaction score
It is really sad. I wanted to go to the preseason game in Houston but I knew it would be better of me not to. I have a really bad temper and I Houston fans press my buttons for some reason.

The funny thing is that they think Cowboys fans are the jealous ones. One friend of mine casually follows the Texans and she gets upset if I bring up the hate of Texan fans. For some reason, I am the one who hates on the Texans if I bring up how insane the hate for the Cowboys is down there. I mentioned to her that it was classless and immature of the Texans to put that video on their web site and I was the one being classless for talking about it.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
It's not just pro teams. College teams' fans may be even worse. I rarely go to the stadium any more. The fun of the live game is usually spoiled by the jerks, drunks and degenerates anyway.

Ruff_Rider

Benched
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:

HUH? That's weird i always thought that Houston fans kinda were former Cowboys fans because they didn't have a football team there for awhile. Now that they have one they hate us? :confused:

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
try going to the raiders stadium when the cowboys are in town, i went there twice... and i wore my emmitt jersey and everytime they'd hand him the ball they'd start chanting "break his leg! break his leg!" i got in a few fights at that one, woulda been a blast had we won.. i'd do it again just to piss em off :D

jimmy40

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:

I was constantly "F-YOU'd" during the entire game just for being a Cowboys fan. And any time the Texans did anything positive--and I mean anything--these fools would go off and get into the closest Cowboy fan's face. And if I had a dollar for every time I heard "19-10," I'd be able to buy the team from Jerry Jones.

Speaking of Jerry, what's the obsession with him with Houston fan? You would have thought Bud Adams now owned the Cowboys. To breakout in a stadium-wide taunt of Jerry at the end of the game was another example of how classless this outfit is.

Living in Houston, I knew Cowboys hate was strong, but I have never witnessed it so concentrated. The level of jealousy and envy for the Cowboys is hard to put into words. Frankly, it is laughable and pathetic.
Why do you let it bother you so much? You should actually be happy the Texans are looking better, it's good for your town.

tuls

Reaction score
I think it's great that they're starting their organization out with a solid foundation of hate and envy - it's the stuff of a prosperous future.

Desperate fans are great! Remember that win over Washington in 1989!? That was a great win! We were 3-1 during that preseason!!!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:

I am not from Houston but my wife is and I attended college at Sam Houston State University about an hour outside Houston. There are a lot of Houston fans back there but a lot of Cowboy fans to.

After being in this area for about 11 years now I finally figured out why Texans fans hate us so much.

1st while there great teams where melting down under pressure in the playoffs we where winning superbowls. They come to hate the Cowboys because they have envy of our team.

There team left the city and even though they have a new one they are jealous of everything we stand for. There team is always overlooked and never even mentioned half the time in years past.

They are the ignored bastage child of Texas pro football and they know it.

They are jealous of America teams and the winning associated with the teams while they are know for the Buffalo meltdown.

They are petty jealous and envious of the Cowboys period end of story.

You say 5 rings buddy and they say that is the past; yet they yell 19-10 even thought it is in the past. Shows that they know how stupid their argument is they just have no other comeback.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
I am not from Houston but my wife is and I attended college at Sam Houston State University about an hour outside Houston. There are a lot of Houston fans back there but a lot of Cowboy fans to.

After being in this area for about 11 years now I finally figured out why Texans fans hate us so much.

1st while there great teams where melting down under pressure in the playoffs we where winning superbowls. They come to hate the Cowboys because they have envy of our team.

There team left the city and even though they have a new one they are jealous of everything we stand for. There team is always overlooked and never even mentioned half the time in years past.

They are the ignored bastage child of Texas pro football and they know it.

They are jealous of America teams and the winning associated with the teams while they are know for the Buffalo meltdown.

They are petty jealous and envious of the Cowboys period end of story.

You say 5 rings buddy and they say that is the past; yet they yell 19-10 even thought it is in the past. Shows that they know how stupid their argument is they just have no other comeback.

^ is SPOT on correct.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Why do you let it bother you so much? You should actually be happy the Texans are looking better, it's good for your town.

Are you serious? I want nothing but losses for this team for the remainder of the time they are in Houston. How many years before Houston runs this franchise out of town like the Oilers?

And I don't consider Houston my "hometown." I actually live in Tomball/Northpoint--which I consider the southern-most suburb of Dallas. ;)

jimmy40

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
Are you serious? I want nothing but losses for this team for the remainder of the time they are in Houston. How many years before Houston runs this franchise out of town like the Oilers?

And I don't consider Houston my "hometown." I actually live in Tomball/Northpoint--which I consider the southern-most suburb of Dallas. ;)
Hell, even Magnolia is part of Houston now. :D

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! That's funny.......I consider the Rio Grande Valley a suburb of San Antonio and Dallas

FoldedSpace

Reaction score
It's more of a rivalry thing. Rocket fans are just as annoying...hell, Aero fans are a buncha knee-biters. A lot of it is 'short-man disease'.

At least it gives Texas-based Cowboy haters a 'local' team to root for....they used to have to go with philly or san fran. It is amusing how many texan/eagle combo fans there are out there...

:D

TEXANS84

Reaction score
Hey HTown...what section were you sitting in? I wonder if you were the guy we were tormenting (fun though-there was never an f-bomb).

Status
Not open for further replies.