How about Suh for a 1 year deal 14 million like he did the rams?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If it's a large deal, like $14M it abolsutely can hinder you from signing your guys.
That's $14M of cap space that isn't available and it's $14M of cap space that won't be rolled over into next year's CAP.

If we aren't counting on that $14M of cap roll over to sign our guys then it without a doubt can hinder you, absolutely no question.
So you want to be a worse team this year so you can rollover fake money to next year when we already have 125m.......nuts

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So you want to be a worse team this year so you can rollover fake money to next year when we already have 125m.......nuts

I didn't say whether I wanted to sign him or not. I was disproving the statement that one year deals don't affect the ability to resign players in later seasons.....nuts

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I didn't say whether I wanted to sign him or not. I was disproving the statement that one year deals don't affect the ability to resign players in later seasons.....nuts
Are you trying to win an accounting award or put the best team on the field?

The salary cap should be near 0 every year if you are doing it right..... leave around 5-10 for IR guys

ghst187

Reaction score
Suh isn’t a 14 mil per year player any more.
He’d only be worth about half that to me at this point. I don’t see him elevating our D.
Happier to keep Woods and Collins healthy and save the money for players that are less replaceable

dallasdave

Reaction score
Interesting topic. I'm sure he'd rather a last, long term deal right about now, but I guess you can throw them dolla-dolla bills at him and see what happens.
Only one thing though:
Stevie don't like throwing dolla-dolla bills.
He's the guy in the back of the strip club with a face like he drank lemon juice when a girl approaches.
Not us Corso -we would be center stage, just like that Motley Crue video, Girls,Girls,Girls. :yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
how about no. how about we pick up some pieces we really dont need, plus not bother with ones we desperately need. Hear me out, it gets better, we tout, its a young team a lot, than run the pr machine as we accept another season of doing nothing. huh, you like that, because thats what you are getting again.

dallas72

Reaction score
We have 19MM in cap space right now and that includes Lawrence's cap hit of $20MM for the tag and Cooper's cap hit of over $14MM.

With long term deals you could add another $8-10MM in cap space.

If the Cowboys wanted to, they could easily sign Suh to a one year $14MM deal. Frankly, I am not sure he's going to get a number that big anyway. If his market continues to be soft, I would absolutely consider him on a one year deal if the price tag fell below $10MM.
Sid u forget Dak, Cooper & Zeke? ..Zeke could be a holdout and you dont want to wait to sign Cooper

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Every time I see this thread come back up, I want to take a sledgehammer and knock it down, then I realize when I reply, it goes back up! :huh::hammer:

Suh is and will always be what he is...nothing but trouble and a waste of cap space. :thumbup:

DRella

Reaction score
Don't think Suh will get paid 14 million this season. Reason for this is because this years draft class is heavy on DT talent that is projected to go in the first 2 rounds. Teams with a need of DT would rather draft a long term solution then pay Suh 14 million a season.

What this will do is drive Suh's market down. He will need to resort to a 1 or 2 year deal worth 6-7 million a season annually. His stats do not project to what Suh was paid out last season for the Rams.

Someone will sign him, but not anywhere close to last seasons number. Hope it is the Cowboys.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It would be a great start. We need defensive line rotation

Fwed

Reaction score
It would be a great start. We need defensive line rotation
Eagles have only two DTs right now. Suh loves Schwartz and said last offseason he would play for the Eagles for free. Eagles sitting there with about 24M in cap space...if he goes unsigned a while longer I could easily see him signing a one or two year deal there...not at 14M per season though...maybe 16M over two seasons...something like that.

OMG, this place might implode if the Cowboys released Lawrence and the Eagles signed him and Suh on the same day....very unlikely i know, but that would be an interesting read on cowboyszone.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I don't think that Suh is going to get 14 but I would get him for 9 or 10. I'm home he earned his pay with stellar play in the postseason. He did his part to help the Rams and it's not his fault Goff couldn't get it done.

Dak's impending extension should not be prohibitive of trying to win a championship now.