bodi

Reaction score
and get another 2 nd or 3nd rounder

take Ross Blacklock, in the 1 st

2 rd A.J. Terrell

2 or 3 rd the best center ,

DanA

Reaction score
All for a trade down, I hope we have no interest in Blacklock though.

morasp

Reaction score
and get another 2 nd or 3nd rounder

take Ross Blacklock, in the 1 st

2 rd A.J. Terrell

2 or 3 rd the best center ,
IF no one we like falls to 17 I would like a trade down and Blacklock could be a Good interior pass rusher for us. The best CB in the second would probably be the next need or edge rusher or slot receiver and Terrell would be a good one. In this draft I would like to get a DT. DE, WR, Safety, CB, and IOL and trading back would help get better players at some of those positions.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Joneses seem to panic when they trade down. Remember the trade down with San Francisco and we only got a 3rd and a 5th. Man, Jones needs to fire himself.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
For sure need dts. McCoy and Poe are fill guys. By the time Dallas is ready to be a contender they will need replacement

Hardline

Reaction score
How about seeing who's on the board at 17 before thinking about a trade down.
If a draft target starts unexpectedly sliding I could see a trade up.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Trade down it the ideal situation IMO. I think there’s a fairly good chance Lamb, Juedy, Brown, Kinlaw and Henderson are all gone by 17. I’d love Baun, but don’t think the team will.

If we can get a decent deal to go down to the 20s it might be the best value for us.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Trade down it the ideal situation IMO. I think there’s a fairly good chance Lamb, Juedy, Brown, Kinlaw and Henderson are all gone by 17. I’d love Baun, but don’t think the team will.

If we can get a decent deal to go down to the 20s it might be the best value for us.

this

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

Why not trade up slightly to get your guy?

Verdammung

Reaction score
The Joneses seem to panic when they trade down. Remember the trade down with San Francisco and we only got a 3rd and a 5th. Man, Jones needs to fire himself.

I'm not gonna lie; I'd rather have #31 & # 74 than #17 at the moment (they did not get a 5th rounder in that trade).

fivetwos

Reaction score
Heres the thing....

You cant within your own right decide you want to trade down and do so.

Someone has to want to come UP for someone, and who is that player, and why arent WE taking them?

Also this is regarded as a deep draft, so anyone willing to give up later picks will be more scarce.

The only possible answer is if Herbert slips or someone wants to come up for Love.

I don't see a deal down as very likely at all.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie; I'd rather have #31 & # 74 than #17 at the moment (they did not get a 5th rounder in that trade).
You've gotta get there first.

A couple of surprises and a name like Jeudy or Lamb ends up on the board at 17, and there we are with an extra 3rd. Not good business.

That's why most deals are made while on the clock.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
My goodness they only got a 3rd? Jerrah should have been fired. Nowadays you make get a first in next year’s draft if you made that trade today.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Why not trade up slightly to get your guy?

I'd consider it depending on what the board looks like and who drops. I'd probably give up a 3rd for Brown and Simmons, and would give up a 2nd for Young / Okudah.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

I'd have a hard time passing on Ruggs, at this point, if that's how it plays out. Missing out on him to add, effectively, a rotational piece, doesn't make much sense to me.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I'd consider it depending on what the board looks like and who drops. I'd probably give up a 3rd for Brown and Simmons, and would give up a 2nd for Young / Okudah.

this draft has a lot of quality player, but there’s a few blue chippers. Lamb, Simmons, Okudah if by chance they drop to around the 10 range I will be trying to make a move up. Okudah changes the way we look at our secondary completely.
Simmons is a guy who can alter the way your defense looks altogether if used properly.
Lamb is has potential to be a superstar wr and although it’s not the biggest need, he is a game changer.
I make the move to get any of those 3 if they are within striking distance

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'd have a hard time passing on Ruggs, at this point, if that's how it plays out. Missing out on him to add, effectively, a rotational piece, doesn't make much sense to me.

There’s plenty of guys that would get significant snaps in the 20s that wouldn’t just be “rotational” players.

I understand you’re a Ruggs fan but he’d be WR3 on a team that loves to run the ball...add in the bust rate and injury concerns of smaller speed guys and it’s a hard pass for me.