How about trading CD?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“I can’t give you ... numbers right now,'' Lamb said on teammate Micah Parsons' podcast here in Las Vegas. "But I’ll tell you this: (I want to be) one of the top paid receivers for sure, if not the (highest-paid receiver). ...

"That’s always the goal.”

I guess the goal is not winning.
Wanting to maximize your earning potential, doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't care about winning. I'm sure most of us on this board wanted to get paid for doing a good job. I did, did you?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Wanting to maximize your earning potential, doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't care about winning. I'm sure most of us on this board wanted to get paid for doing a good job. I did, did you?
But it is a problem when it's time to by Dak right?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No better time than to trade CD. He is young and had his best season, it will be difficult for him to repeat it. This draft is very deep at WR.

If we are planning on moving from Dak. We need the extra draft capital. We currently have zero QB's under contract for 2025. CD without a QB is a waste of money.
I see your point, but with so many WRs available and his salary demands, why would anyone trade for him?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I see your point, but with so many WRs available and his salary demands, why would anyone trade for him?
He is young and arguably the best WR in the NFL. He can play all 3 WR positions. He runs great routes, fights for contested balls, and can run after the catch.

If your team is a SB contender, CD could be the final piece, and you only have to pay him $18M this year - discount.

We all know the draft is an educated guess. CD is a proven commodity.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is young and arguably the best WR in the NFL. He can play all 3 WR positions. He runs great routes, fights for contested balls, and can run after the catch.

If your team is a SB contender, CD could be the final piece, and you only have to pay him $18M this year - discount.

We all know the draft is an educated guess. CD is a proven commodity.
So why trade him when we can lock him up for 5 years?

Rayman70

Reaction score
this is a HUGE if and I really love the player, so what if we trade Micah, not ceedee? Ceedee is turning into a team leader, especially when you listen to him talk lately in interviews and when he was on Micahs podcast. He told Micah 'its on ME I need to grow up as a man.'
That was refreshing to hear todays player talk like that. Im not trading a cat like him. They are RARE! Micah on the other hand, Im open to it. If we do that, I want close to a Herschel Walker type return. Otherwise,Im keeping him and rolling the dice. I trust Ceedee. I have less trust in Micah turning into a man and that leader we need. But he is supremely talented. If only he would do less talking and more doing.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
they certainly aren't building it .... so by deduction you can conclude they are replacing the core of the team in the next 12 mths or so.
No that is a terrible guess. What core player did they lose? Biadezs? Tyron was a calculated loss when they drafted Tyler as his future replacement. You think armstrong, fowler, gallimore were that big of a deal to lose? The core players are still here. Some like Tyron are getting too long in the tooth to be core players and they are choosing to move on. The only guys i'm gonna miss are Hankins and Gillmore but those were rented players that i pray get replacements via the draft.

bottleKids

Reaction score
The reason I say this is he whined and carried on about the last playoff game against Green Bay. He was responsible because he didn't perform well either. I saw him drop a couple right in his hands or let's say some catchable passes. He moaned and whined about Dak's performance when he should have been supporting Dak. I don't believe that a Michael Irving would have reacted in that manner, do you?The whole team played bad. Disfunction at its worst.
You are kidding me right ? Trade Ceedee? Then the whole season we would hear "Dak failed because he had no weapons".

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because we are not a contending team. Especially if we don't have a QB.
So we won't contend for the next 5 years? And to say we don't have a QB is comical....I get it, WE have only won 2 playoff game with him, but he's better than most, anyone that can't see that has an agenda is a follower or just football ignorant.

links18

Reaction score
I don't think CDs have much trade value these days, Pretty much up there with VHS tapes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So we won't contend for the next 5 years? And to say we don't have a QB is comical....I get it, WE have only won 2 playoff game with him, but he's better than most, anyone that can't see that has an agenda is a follower or just football ignorant.
If he is not resigned we don't have a QB.

They are not in negotiations. The writing is on the wall.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he is not resigned we don't have a QB.

They are not in negotiations. The writing is on the wall.
If the queen....you know the rest. He's here now. IF, they don't plan to bring him back and don't get anything in return. Trade them all and start all over. Jerry will sell paper bags masks and make more money.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s the Madden effect combined with a generation who believe their entitled to everything they want and they want now.
I’m so glad the portion of the fanbase that preaches “patience” after 30 years of failure is incredibly small.