How about trading CD?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The reason I say this is he whined and carried on about the last playoff game against Green Bay. He was responsible because he didn't perform well either. I saw him drop a couple right in his hands or let's say some catchable passes. He moaned and whined about Dak's performance when he should have been supporting Dak. I don't believe that a Michael Irving would have reacted in that manner, do you?The whole team played bad. Disfunction at its worst.
can we get two firsts?

but jerry would probably trade him for a 4th and call it a win.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Zeke was gone last year 2023, Zach is still here untill 2025 at minimum, your 12 months is spanning 3 years at minimum so of course teams can look vastly different in that time span. The core of the team from last year to this year largely remains the same. The only long term starter they lost was Biadesz with honerable mention to Gillmore's departure cause he was a very much needed short term addition. It's not a rebuild if they are not taking a step back in order to move forward. no one that left will cost them games. Tyron in his prime used to be worth 3 games, but the drop off to tyler isn't that big.
We have different views. I see the identity of the team being completely differently in very short time.
I have a feeling the win\loss column will be impacted. Maybe not due to any player but that's a lot of snaps to replace. Hoping to get back to par would be a big accomplishment

Chasing6

Reaction score
"He's out there and he's more valuable than anybody else," Jones said on Tuesday. "But that valuable, to have to give up four or five players to have him, you have to get that reconciled. That's what I'm trying to say. It's a lot quicker and easier said than done."

"Whoever has CeeDee, and I hope it's us, they're going to use him," Jones said. "You have to. You just have to get that kind of mileage out of him. What has he shown us? That he's capable of carrying that load. We've gotta have focus."

Pretty sure we have CD still under contract. So what exactly is GM Jethro talking here?

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Between the three headed clown show of Jerry, Stephen and Slick Will mcclay, there is absolutely zero confidence that they could organize and manage a rebuild.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No friggin way. If Dak sticks around, Lance is the call, or with a potential rookie down the road, a WR that can destroy single coverage and beat double coverage is great for producing and/or development. Make those reads as easy as possible with big separation.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
I know many of us want to blow it up but our front office cannot manage building a new team. No chance.

They will sign their boys and continue printing money.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overvalued WR here with you folks just as most of our so-called Studs.
Most of his yards are against dog teams a trend that extends itself to the rest of the overrated jag squad.
If you can trade him for a 1st go for it instead of overpaying him as he is no Hill or Jefferson.

kskboys

Reaction score
Wouldn't trade CeeDee because he's the Cowboys best offensive weapon but I'd have no problem trading Micah Parsons, he looks great against bad teams but in big games and the playoffs, he's just average....
Ummmmmmm, yes, but the exact same is true about Lamb.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
W
The obsession on this forum with trading away our two best offensive and defensive players is pretty puzzling to me.
When your "best players" get absolutely dog walked at home by Green Bay perhaps it is time to reconsider how valuable your "best players" truly are.

Creeper

Reaction score
The question of whether to trade CeeDee of not comes down to whether or not they want to pay him what he will demand in his new contract. If they don't intend to pay him, or if they think he will not sign a new deal, then I think the right decision is to trade him and get something in return for him. If he is not re-signed, then he will leave after 2024 and Dallas will get nothing in return. He is an exceptional WR, but it doesn;t matter if his price is higher than the Cowboys are willing to pay.

The only caveat is what they get in return. I would not trade him for a 5th round pick like they did with Amari Cooper. CeeDee is worth much more than that. If there are no takers for a 1st or high second, then keep him.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Lamb and Parsons had little to do with the GB loss
Wow not sure what to say about this. I suppose Dak and Martin and Lawrence had little to do with it as well? IMHO all these guys were absolute no shows. Out "stars", our "leaders", our "best players" were all complete no shows. Nobody wants to put the blame on them but it is literally all on them.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If Ceedee took scissors to Dak’s neck. He would be your favorite player of all time.
I believe a Michael Irvin would’ve reacted much worse than CD if Dak played the way he did and he was on the team.

Michael Irvin is a winner.

CD is about “millions and TDs”. His words, not mine.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Would be absolutely idiotic to trade CD ........ the offense has another problem ....... and CD makes that problem look much better than he is.