How bad will Garrett be this year?

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4555671 said:
We should have made the playoffs last year. The only real reason we didn't is because we don't have a real coach. I seriously don't think this guy is cut out for head coaching duties.

I agree, look at what Harbaugh did with San Fran.

rodd94

Reaction score
StevenOtero;4555674 said:
I'm talking about this thread and general, and I quoted you for only giving the Cowboys 5 or 6 wins. Do you seriously think they'll be that bad? I see all these negative doom and gloom types that don't seem to bring any facts to the table.

The pure and simple fact is...we don't have a freaking clue if The Dallas Cowboys will be good or bad. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, and god forbid if they lose don't be so childish enough to let it "ruin your entire week".

It is a game that men get paid stupid amounts of money to play.

Years of history. And they cheery types who can't see bigger picture. whether people like it or not Dallas are AT BEST and 8-8 team. Last 2 years WITH MOST OF CORE OF THIS TEAM 6-10 & 8-8.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It might take a full season or two to get to the promise land but make no mistake we are heading in that direction. The only thing really holding us back is time with the new players and a few new coaches in the mix.

Continuity is a key factor, we have a lot of New pieces in very important positions. You can plug and play some but most take a while to get in the groove. We won't be worse than 9-7 though, I bet we go at least 10-6....

Garrett went as his O-line went last season...

StevenOtero

Reaction score
1)Detroit--Romo has broken ribs. Garrett calls pass one too many times. Romo airs it out while likely on pain medication and, viola, a toss to Bobby Carpenter to blow the biggest lead ever blown in Cowboy's history.

That's quite an accomplishment.

2) New England--Garrett calls 3 straight run plays and gives the ball back to Brady

3)Cardinals--Time out. Need I say more?

We should have made the playoffs last year. The only real reason we didn't is because we don't have a real coach. I seriously don't think this guy is cut out for head coaching duties.
You don't know first hand any of the actual events that took place. You're going off of your viewpoint which is vastly far removed from the actual team itself.

The man knows how to coach, but it's people like you that won't give him a chance to get anything going. Do you really think the good lord savior and all that is holy Tom Landry would have lasted in today's instant gratification society? Hell no!

The Dallas Cowboys are re-building and they don't want anyone to know about it. It may not be the full re-building every knows it as, some may want to use semantics and call it re-tooling.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
jobberone;4555677 said:
We need a Whine Forum. Let's get her done.

I wonder what you were watching during our season last year if this is seriously the extent of substantive commentary you're able to provide pertaining to the actual topic.

Garrett was bad. That's no ad hominem on him. That's a fact. He'd probably tell you the same thing.

The bottom line is last season was a failure that didn't have to be a failure.

Paint a pretty picture of it if you'd like.

I'm rooting for him to do better, but I don't see any reason I should think he won't squander another 3 wins.

rodd94

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;4555682 said:
It might take a full season or two to get to the promise land but make no mistake we are heading in that direction. The only thing really holding us back is time with the new players and a few new coaches in the mix.

Continuity is a key factor, we have a lot of New pieces in very important positions. You can plug and play some but most take a while to get in the groove. We won't be worse than 9-7 though, I bet we go at least 10-6....

Garrett went as his O-line went last season...

I've read on here on several threads that Dallas have already WON this seasons Superbowl. Continuity only has 1 at best 2 seasons then this team has to start again.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4555685 said:
You don't know first hand any of the actual events that took place. You're going off of your viewpoint which is vastly far removed from the actual team itself.

The man knows how to coach, but it's people like you that won't give him a chance to get anything going. Do you really think the good lord savior and all that is holy Tom Landry would have lasted in today's instant gratification society? Hell no!

The Dallas Cowboys are re-building and they don't want anyone to know about it. It may not be the full re-building every knows it as, some may want to use semantics and call it re-tooling.

What has he done that makes you think he "knows how to coach"?

State your case about Garrett. Garrett's inability to coach has nothing to do with Landry.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
rodd94;4555675 said:
Said by a man on a great team, not an above average one.

They were a great team because they all had the mindset of the Cowboys current coach.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
1)Detroit--Romo has broken ribs. Garrett calls pass one too many times. Romo airs it out while likely on pain medication and, viola, a toss to Bobby Carpenter to blow the biggest lead ever blown in Cowboy's history.

2) New England--Garrett calls 3 straight run plays and gives the ball back to Brady

1) he can't throw
2)he can't block
3)he shanked the kick

Jenky

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4555646 said:
Last season was the worst coaching job I've seen in a decade, in college or pro, by any team I'm a fan of.

Will Garrett be as awful this year as he was the last?

Well, we may actually see him challenge a challenge this year.

628x471.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4555655 said:
Sorry, I just can't put it any other way after a season like that. I can't find any confidence in the guy anywhere within me. And I've looked for reasons; I just can't find any.

The guy was terrible and that's putting it lightly.

I've put it behind me but you're right. I've never seen such poor in game management.

Garrett being the smart guy he is went and got some help with Callahan.

IMO Callahan sucks. I don't like that guy. He may be a good OL coach but I think he isn't good for a football team when his role gets expanded.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
CATCH17;4555693 said:
I've put it behind me but you're right. I've never seen such poor in game management.

Garrett being the smart guy he is went and got some help with Callahan.

IMO Callahan sucks. I don't like that guy. He may be a good OL coach but I think he isn't good for a football team when his role gets expanded.

Everyone on the board seems to want to hide from it. It's taboo to bring it up because Ginger is such a popular person on CZ... but the fact is the guy can't coach... at least he hasn't proven he's a real coach.

In theory, you think he might be good. But he's done the opposite of actually being a good coach. The guy has been outright terrible.

His coaching last year was a complete joke--and that's putting it lightly.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4555688 said:
What has he done that makes you think he "knows how to coach"?

State your case about Garrett. Garrett's inability to coach has nothing to do with Landry.
None of us actually know do we? We don't really know that he can or can't coach I suppose. ...because you CAN coach if you make the playoffs/win super bowls, but you can't if you go 8-8 with some of the biggest defensive let downs.

I say he can coach or he wouldn't have been so sought after by other clubs. I don't believe he would still be in the NFL if he wasn't a "Football Guy". You all want to know what a Football Guy is? Look at the Garrett family.

Oh, it has everything to do with Landry. If he wasn't given the time to actually build something, he wouldn't be worshiped like he is today.

All I'm saying is give Garrett more than one full season before you declare he can't coach.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4555685 said:

If he is a good coach he probably would've made it because it is a instant gratification league more so then it was 20 years ago.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
Ah a post worded purposely to get the type of reaction it's gotten. Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands....

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
zrinkill;4555690 said:
They were a great team because they all had the mindset of the Cowboys current coach.

What mindset are you speaking of? That of a loser? That of someone who cost their team three games?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

Meh.

I understand your consternation over Garrett, but even if those decisions were boneheaded, it's not enough for me to hang him. There are no perfect coaches.