How bad will Garrett be this year?

StevenOtero

Reaction score
CATCH17;4555701 said:
If he is a good coach he probably would've made it because it is a instant gratification league more so then it was 20 years ago.
I don't see how he would have been able to stay on the same team for as long as he did in today's NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4555686 said:
I wonder what you were watching during our season last year if this is seriously the extent of substantive commentary you're able to provide pertaining to the actual topic.

Garrett was bad. That's no ad hominem on him. That's a fact. He'd probably tell you the same thing.

The bottom line is last season was a failure that didn't have to be a failure.

Paint a pretty picture of it if you'd like.

I'm rooting for him to do better, but I don't see any reason I should think he won't squander another 3 wins.

Question does not come off as a person rooting for him to do better or his team to do better. My own feeling I think Garrett is a smart guy and will go over the teams mistakes and mistakes he may feel he made and work to correct them. How will that all play out? we will have to watch and see

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
CIWhitefish;4555705 said:
Ah a post worded purposely to get the type of reaction it's gotten. Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands....

OK, will Garrett be as good as last year?

Doesn't sound right when you think about the actual job he did coaching football, does it?

StevenOtero

Reaction score
CIWhitefish;4555705 said:
Ah a post worded purposely to get the type of reaction it's gotten. Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands....
It's ticking away with my sanity :fogeys:

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4555710 said:
Question does not come off as a person rooting for him to do better or his team to do better. My own feeling I think Garrett is a smart guy and will go over the teams mistakes and mistakes he may feel he made and work to correct them. How will that all play out? we will have to watch and see

It's an honest question...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Jenky;4555692 said:
Well, we may actually see him challenge a challenge this year.

628x471.jpg

Nice form.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4555709 said:
I don't see how he would have been able to stay on the same team for as long as he did in today's NFL.

If it would've taken him years to win than he probably wouldn't have made it long.

It's a parity league now though and if you find a Quarterback, like we have done, you should do well year in year out in this league.

People are praising Harbaugh, and I think he is an awesome coach, but he's going to struggle to win consistently like he does until he gets better QB play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4555713 said:
It's an honest question...

No it's not, it is a thread started to give you something to rip into Garrett about. This thread will degenerate quickly.

I'm not making excuses for him it is his job to get this team to the top if he fails he will not have it much longer on the hand many who have worked and played with Garrett feel he will be a very good coach and is a smart guy when it comes to this game. In the end we find out by how he and this team fair.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4555718 said:
No it's not, it is a thread started to give you something to rip into Garrett about. This thread will degenerate quickly.

I'm not making excuses for him it is his job to get this team to the top if he fails he will not have it much longer on the hand many who have worked and played with Garrett feel he will be a very good coach and is a smart guy when it comes to this game. In the end we find out by how he and this team fair.

I'm guessing by "degenerate" you mean that you or someone will close it, because it isn't a popular viewpoint even though it's the reality of our situation.

Aside from your views, it is an honest question. Some might even answer, "not bad at all. He'll be good."

But you don't see many that can actually defend him for being bad based on facts. I can give you many reason why he is bad.

My question is how bad will he be next year? Very bad, sort of bad.. not bad at all?

Should I have asked how good he will be next year?

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4555711 said:
OK, will Garrett be as good as last year?

Doesn't sound right when you think about the actual job he did coaching football, does it?

OK I'll bite. I believe everyone is wanting Garrett to do better then last year including himself. "As good as last year" makes it sound like he did a terrific job and you're hoping he does as least as well. "How bad will Garrett be this year" makes it sound like you are assuming he will be terrible. Why the extremes? Why not "Hey Garrett displayed some pretty poor judgement at times last year, do you think this will improve this year?" I think you know why however.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
There is no question that Garrett made mistakes in some games that truly cost us dearly. Whether he will be better this year who knows. We can't afford to have bad coaching decisions once again.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
rodd94;4555681 said:
Years of history. And they cheery types who can't see bigger picture. whether people like it or not Dallas are AT BEST and 8-8 team. Last 2 years WITH MOST OF CORE OF THIS TEAM 6-10 & 8-8.

:lmao:

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
CIWhitefish;4555727 said:
OK I'll bite. I believe everyone is wanting Garrett to do better then last year including himself. "As good as last year" makes it sound like he did a terrific job and you're hoping he does as least as well. "How bad will Garrett be this year" makes it sound like you are assuming he will be terrible. Why the extremes? Why not "Hey Garrett displayed some pretty poor judgement at times last year, do you think this will improve this year?" I think you know why however.

Because I usually don't get all upset at coaches, but last year made me want to vomit. I'm not going to lie just because I'm a fan.

Is it even possible to discuss the coaching abilities of Garrett without turning it into something it's not?

I haven't been down on anyone on this team since that flop of a quarterback we had in Drew Henson.

I'm not comparing the situations here. I'm just saying I'm not the type to sit and harp about the negatives all the time. I'm just calling it like I see it. It's not like I don't have reasons for thinking he's a bad coach and very well could be bad in the future too.

kmd24

Reaction score
If you think Garrett's bad, you haven't watched much LSU football.

Garrett gets blamed for results, not the quality of his decisions. The timeout in Arizona, the three and out in New England, and the interceptions against Detroit were questionable decisions, but you're just playing the hindsight game if you call them the worst decisions you've ever seen.

I think the worst decision he made was not calling the timeout after the completion to Dez in Arizona. Really there was not much to lose by calling a timeout and running another play.

He'll do better at game management, I think. He's offloaded some of his responsibility and has a year under his belt.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4555686 said:
I wonder what you were watching during our season last year if this is seriously the extent of substantive commentary you're able to provide pertaining to the actual topic.

Garrett was bad. That's no ad hominem on him. That's a fact. He'd probably tell you the same thing.

The bottom line is last season was a failure that didn't have to be a failure.

Paint a pretty picture of it if you'd like.

I'm rooting for him to do better, but I don't see any reason I should think he won't squander another 3 wins.

Not your post per se but the whole gaggle. Whatdayaexpect when you throw it out there the way you did anyway?!

How about "What can Garrett do to improve his coaching this year?" Or "Name two areas you expect Garrett to improve this year coaching wise".

And lastly don't whine to me and expect any sympathy.

rodd94

Reaction score
CowboyMike;4555730 said:

Like it or not 6-10 & 8-8 ARE facts. This team has 2 years MAX then it'll have to scrap the team and start again.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
jobberone;4555738 said:
Not your post per se but the whole gaggle. Whatdayaexpect when you throw it out there the way you did anyway?!

How about "What can Garrett do to improve his coaching this year?" Or "Name two areas you expect Garrett to improve this year coaching wise".

And lastly don't whine to me and expect any sympathy.

I'm able to take the heat for unpopular opinions. I'm not going to sugar coat something for the sake of it. And I wasn't expecting any sympathy. I feel a bit for you for thinking Garrett is a good coach at this point though.