VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yeah that's true.

Really it's about your numbers...

-Blood Pressure
-Good/Bad Cholesterol
-A1C/Glucose
-Kidney Function

If your numbers are good, then they're good.

And then there's your joints. They'll tell you if you're carrying too much weight.

That’s doctor check-up talk right there.

And they guilt you into losing the excess weight if your numbers are trending well.

Basically, you hit the genetic jackpot, but your gluttony is going to screw it all up.

kskboys

Reaction score

And they guilt you into losing the excess weight if your numbers are trending well.

Basically, you hit the genetic jackpot, but your gluttony is going to screw it all up.
What it's really about:

Exercise
Sleep(Getting enough, especially REM)
Balanced diet
Supplements as needed

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, getting that yearly examine with a blood test... And for a guy, a prostate check is simply a good thing to do.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And for all that's holy, quit the soda water/pop/cokes. Whatever it's called in your area. That stuff is nothing but liquid candy. Coffee or tea is the adult drink. And artificial sweeteners are worse for you than sugar.

You said it.

That stuff on its own can create a diabetic situation where A1C would be just fine if those weren't being consumed every day.

I'll throw another one out there that's just brutal for the body: beer.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And for all that's holy, quit the soda water/pop/cokes. Whatever it's called in your area. That stuff is nothing but liquid candy. Coffee or tea is the adult drink. And artificial sweeteners are worse for you than sugar.
Especially high fructose corn syrup. Your body doesn't recognize it as food, so it doesn't know what to do with it. The stuff feeds the bad bacteria in your intestines, while tricking your body into thinking it needs more of it.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's amazing how much we've been lied to.

Sugar is actually a very bad drug. Did you know that since I quit sugar, I sleep much better and have a lot fewer moments of brain fog? So, I read up on it, and there is actually something in sugar that messes w/ you sleep!!!