How big is Vikings game?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This team plays better when they are down and everyone counts them out. They will beat the Vikings and the Giants.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Huge game. Either we rebound with a W which sets us up to likely come home and handle business vs NY before the mini bye…

Or we lose on Sun, and TDay is a “throw the kitchen sink” at NY and hope for a W.

Minny will be flying high after their emotional win on Sunday, and Dallas will be coming in with their tail between their legs. Gotta come with their lunch pails on D and get nasty to stop Cook. If we stop the run, we can tee off on Cousins and get some good vibes going.

In a weird way, getting gut-punched like this vs GB might be the wake up call the D needed to circle the wagons and get back to basics.

We will see how they respond.

I don't think it's a must-win by any means, but oddly these are the types of games the Cowboys tend to win at this point in the season, knock off a heavyweight contender that begins a run of hype about the team. We know how that usually ends 6 weeks later though lol.

I think their pass rush can get to Cousins and turn him into old Cousins. But they have to at least limit the run since I doubt they can stop it.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Despite the loss I still think we should win.

The Vikings defense isn't very good. Neither was the Packers.
To some fans. But to me it’s about the defense. Dak is what he is. This offense is what it is. Nothing to see over there. This defense needs to start tackling against the Viking next week.

Dak scored the most on the Packers defense. they had not given up over 27 points. Their offense was terrible but their defense has kept them in games all year. Defense was terrible and Dan Quinn frankly has to be better.

Motorola

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why the Cowboys end up playing the Vikings two years in a row in Minnesota ? Shouldn't this years game be in Dallas ? I realize this only pertains to divisional games but it still doesn't seem right .
There is no scheduling rule that states NFL teams playing non-division foes in the same conference must alternate home and away regular season home and away games. Here's two NFC teams' recent history:
1) Cardinals___ 3 of the last four games between them and the Cowboys were played at AT&T Stadium
2) Falcons___the last four games were split evenly home and away - but it was two consecutive games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in 2017 and 2018, then two consecutive in 2020 and 2021 at AT&T.

The NFL does alternate home and away games between the conferences, since AFC divisions play each NFC division once every four years, and vice-versa.

jsb357

Reaction score
Dak has to get better fast or this year will be another nothing...

The defense need to stop drinking the koolaid and learn to adapt
quicker when getting pushed around.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If Dallas loses and Dak doesn't elevate the team then there will be serious questions about Dak v. Rush seeing as how Rush, even in his limited passing abilities, went 4-1 and with a loss Dak will be 2-3.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It’s amazing how the emotions of this loss has changed the overall narrative of this team .

At 6-2 we still had aspirations of winning the division and top seed with by most accounts looking at no worse than a 13-4 or 12-5 record cruising to a 4th or 5th seed .

Now with this loss there’s a crack in the dam . The bleeding has begun. All of a sudden in this crucial 3 game stretch heading into Thanksgiving this game with Vikes becomes huge .

We need a win over a team that became a legit contender Sunday knocking off the Bills at Buffalo. The Vikes all but have the North locked up with a 5 game lead over Packers. A game they can afford to lose .

This is as close to a must win game for us to regain our swagger we had at 6-2 bringing more confidence home for a big Turkey Day matchup with NY.

A loss to Minn and the wheels begun to come off falling to 6-4 with the threat of fallisuccess ng to 6-5 in a short week . Amazing how fast things can turcan on such a hopeful welooking seasYepon at 6-2.

Yep,

We apparently can't handle success

JBS

Reaction score
From 1-10 with 10 being a must win game - this game is legit a 0

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are most likely a wild card team and will have to string together road wins, 3 of them, to reach the Big Dance.

They failed test 1 in GB, they fail test 2 in MIN and it does not look like this team is any different than the previous teases.

I am as interested in the run defense as the game itself because if that doesn't get fixed quickly, and that's a tall order because CHI and PHL saw the same holes, it will be a quick exit from the playoffs.

I would rather be in than out, even if that means one and done. I know that's the same old song but at least we're singing.

Praxit

Reaction score
.well, If you ask me. It's another benchmark game for mid season.

If you can't beat Viks, playoffs won't fare well either. You beat good teams, to get yerself on the map.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Considering a 3rd place spot in the NFCE and an abysmal performance in GB, pretty dang big.

FTWayne

Reaction score
we should put Rush back in to get the guys playing like a team again, for some reason the guys just can't carry Dak.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If Dallas loses and Dak doesn't elevate the team then there will be serious questions about Dak v. Rush seeing as how Rush, even in his limited passing abilities, went 4-1 and with a loss Dak will be 2-3.

Like any of that stops even if the Cowboys win the game.. Even you don't believe that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This game is huge because if the Cowboys lose the wheels are likely coming off. They haven’t lost back to back games all season and if they start sliding now this is probably the beginning of the end. The Giants will be coming up on Thanksgiving and the Cowboys haven’t won a Thanksgiving game since 2018. December is almost here and this is when you have to start playing your best football.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak doesn’t beat Kirk Cousins this board will really go haywire. Cousins is the QB Dak is compared to most.