How 'Bout Them Rangers

juck

Reaction score
That was a tough one. Screw the Yankees. They aint even gonna win their division. Rays are better and Sox on their heels. I cant believe Elvis got a triple and was there with no outs and didnt get in. AHR WYVUYWG UWYSGUW that sucks.BTW their is nothing worse then Cowboys fans who are Yankee fans because its obvious u root for the popular teams.I dont root for the Cowboys cause they are popular and americas team. I root cause I am born their and just love my Texas teams.Always have always will,Go Mavs,Go rangers, Go Cowboys,Go Longhorns,Go Northstars.I despise New York teams.

tico

Reaction score
juck;3493502 said:
That was a tough one. Screw the Yankees. They aint even gonna win their division. Rays are better and Sox on their heels. I cant believe Elvis got a triple and was there with no outs and didnt get in. AHR WYVUYWG UWYSGUW that sucks.BTW their is nothing worse then Cowboys fans who are Yankee fans because its obvious u root for the popular teams.I dont root for the Cowboys cause they are popular and americas team. I root cause I am born their and just love my Texas teams.Always have always will,Go Mavs,Go rangers, Go Cowboys,Go Longhorns,Go Northstars.I despise New York teams.
you can't believe he didn't score against MO? & you know baseball?
Go Yankees Go Cowboys..
Boys & Yanks fan since late 80's trust me not the best years for either team..anything else?

tico

Reaction score
juck;3492392 said:
Great win. Oakland lost. *** the yankees. I hate yankee fans, how could anyone route for a team that just buys rings?
You are a true idiot really,The Cowboys didn't buy rings along with draft picks in 92,93,95?
Cowboys are the Football version of the Yankees you dope!

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Eldorado;3492842 said:
That's why I was saying earlier (before a bunch of people killed me for it), regardless of how good the Rangers have gotten, their road to the Fall Classic is probably one of the most difficult in the history of the sport should they advance that far.

When was the last time the two best teams in baseball were in the same division? Furthermore, when was the last time a team beat BOTH of the 2 best teams in baseball just to MAKE it to the WS?

The best two teams are almost always from the AL East.

It looks like the easiest path will be to play the Yankees first. They see so many pitches as a team that 5 games would be easier than 7 games on the bullpen.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rangers played terrible in both games against the Yankees.

Nelson should have caught both of those deep balls last night. (one in the corner, and the other one near Hamilton) He looked like he was scared of running into the wall on both. Thats one thing I give Hamilton, he doesn't fear the wall, but then again he needs to be a bit more aware of it too since he always gets injured smacking into it.

I hate when players act like wussies.

Frank needs to work with Lee. His consistency sucks something fierce. When he sucks, he sucks for several games in a row.

When Neftali came in and his second pitch almost went to the backstop, I knew this wasn't going to be good.

juck

Reaction score
tico;3493628 said:
You are a true idiot really,The Cowboys didn't buy rings along with draft picks in 92,93,95?
Cowboys are the Football version of the Yankees you dope!
Typical Yankees fan.

laythewood28

Reaction score
juck;3493502 said:

Regardless if the Yankees take the wildcard or the division they are still better than the Rangers.:D I was born a Yankee fan, I had no choice. My family and most of my friends were Yankee fans. At the time I started understanding the game all you would see was Yankee hats and jerseys. Red Sox nation hadn't started until 2000-2001. Living in CT you choose one or the other.

Anyway see you in the playoffs. :nana:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
This thread is about how well the Rangers are doing. Why are we arguing who is better the Rangers or the Yankees. If you're a Yankee (or Rangers) fan and just want to argue that point, start a thread about it.

Personally, it doesn't matter until it matters. In the playoffs providing both teams make the playoffs. If the Redsox get hot and the Rays stay hot, the Yankees could get left out. Of course if the Rangers go frosty cold, they could too.

As a parting shot at the Yankees; if you slapped a salary cap in baseball, the Yankees would turn into the Cubs. Why? Can't have Tex, ($20M/yr) CC, ($23M/yr) A-Rod, ($32M/yr) Burrnett, ($16.5M/yr) Jeter, ($21M/yr) Rivera, ($15M/yr) Pettitte, ($11.75M/yr) Cano, ($11M/yr), Vazquez, ($11.5M/yr) Posada, ($13.1M/yr) Swisher, $6.75M/yr) Granderson, ($5.5M/yr) and Berkman ($14.5M/yr) on the same team and still be in any type of salary cap range. At times the Yankees have troubles even with a $200+ million dollar payroll. What was it, 2008 they failed to make the playoffs with a $200M+ payroll?

* Most salaries obtained from bizofbaseball.com

MaverickPS

Benched
Reaction score
there's a moron on here who's a Cowboys, Lakers, AND Yankees fan

I think his name is Bleu Star or something

truly a bandwagonner of the utmost degree and it's sickening

laythewood28

Reaction score
MaverickPS;3493792 said:
there's a moron on here who's a Cowboys, Lakers, AND Yankees fan

I think his name is Bleu Star or something

truly a bandwagonner of the utmost degree and it's sickening

So being a Lakers, Cowboys and Yankees makes you a bandwagonner as you put it? I dont know the reason for Bleu star being a fan of those teams, but I also root for those teams I dont consider myself a bandwagon.

Dallas Cowboys-became a fan around the forth grade after seeing Emmitt run. Didn't really know what was going on at the time but football really seemed interesting so I started watching. The blue uniform caught my attention and blue being my favorite colorat the time why not. Also received my first starter jacket with the big cowboy logo that made me excited.

Lakers-Didn't really have a team until 1996. I hated watching Jordan and the Bulls win it every year. I was more of an Olajuwon and Magic fan but didn't root for either team until Kobe showed up. Been a Laker fan ever since.

Dallas Cowboys-In CT, you root for the Yankees or Red Sox. Old men usually rooted for the Sox (Until early 2000's)while the younger generation rooted for the Yankees. The Mets were and still considered the little brothers of the Yankees. My family were all Yankee fans.

So how am I Consdered a bandwagon?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
laythewood28;3493834 said:
In CT, you root for the Yankees or Red Sox. Old men usually rooted for the Sox (Until early 2000's)while the younger generation rooted for the Yankees. The Mets were and still considered the little brothers of the Yankees. My family were all Yankee fans.

I live in Connecticut and I don't root for either of those god awful teams! :laugh2:

EDIT: As for rooting for the Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, and Redwings isn't exactly Bandwagoning as much as it would be a "front running". You know, only fans of the front running teams.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
laythewood28;3493859 said:
Texas fan? how did that come about?

I'm from Texas, I relocated to NY, and now CT though I still work in Lower Manhattan. :)

laythewood28

Reaction score
nyc;3493868 said:
I'm from Texas, I relocated to NY, and now CT though I still work in Lower Manhattan. :)

That explains it. I met a few Braves fans, but never a Rangers fan In CT. :)

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3493688 said:
Rangers played terrible in both games against the Yankees.

Nelson should have caught both of those deep balls last night. (one in the corner, and the other one near Hamilton) He looked like he was scared of running into the wall on both. Thats one thing I give Hamilton, he doesn't fear the wall, but then again he needs to be a bit more aware of it too since he always gets injured smacking into it.

I hate when players act like wussies.

Frank needs to work with Lee. His consistency sucks something fierce. When he sucks, he sucks for several games in a row.

When Neftali came in and his second pitch almost went to the backstop, I knew this wasn't going to be good.

Come on, the Rangers won one they should have lost, and the Yankees won one they should have lost. It happens.

As for Lee, to throw at least 8 innings in 10 consecutive games, and to have as many complete games as walks as he did until 2 games ago is about as consisent as it gets. Before last night the last time Lee struggled was his 1st game as a Ranger, so the comment that he sucks for several games makes no sense.

Hell, it doesn't even make sense to say he sucked last night. He gave up 4 runs and struck out 11 without walking a single batter. The 4 runs is a little high for his norm, but it doesn't even remotely qualify as sucking.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;3493951 said:
Come on, the Rangers won one they should have lost, and the Yankees won one they should have lost. It happens.

As for Lee, to throw at least 8 innings in 10 consecutive games, and to have as many complete games as walks as he did until 2 games ago is about as consisent as it gets. Before last night the last time Lee struggled was his 1st game as a Ranger, so the comment that he sucks for several games makes no sense.

Hell, it doesn't even make sense to say he sucked last night. He gave up 4 runs and struck out 11 without walking a single batter. The 4 runs is a little high for his norm, but it doesn't even remotely qualify as sucking.

I was talking about the Rangers sucked as a team. I wasn't pointing out specific players. For instance, nobody can say David Murphy sucked in either game.

As a team, they didn't play that well.

The first game the Rangers had three errors and Washington made at least two more errors in positional defensive calls.

The Ranger pitching sucked last night overall. Lee pitched pretty well into the 7th then completely fell off the table. Francisco has been **** for several days and as I noted. As soon as I saw Feliz' second pitch I knew he was going to have problems too.

They traded for Molina for his defense and some offense. I must say though, his defense hasn't been that strong. Several passed balls, bad throws, he is obviously slow as **** too.

Eldorado

Reaction score
People often question my sports teams. I've just gotten around to absolutely adoring it when they do, because it's more hilarious than it is painful to see an illiterate moron on a message board make absurd comments with nothing to back him up. My dad grew up in Texas. He idolized the Cowboys and like most texans (my turn to stereotype woooohoo!) knew nothing about baseball and didn't care for baseball. I was born in New Jersey. My grandfather from my mom's side, who has lived in the Tri-State area since 1940, was an enormous Yankees fan. He took me to my first, I'd say, 200 baseball games when I was growing up. All Yankees games.

Anything else you wanted answered? Remember ****stain, it's down the road not across the street.

juck

Reaction score
Eldorado;3494066 said:
People often question my sports teams. I've just gotten around to absolutely adoring it when they do, because it's more hilarious than it is painful to see an illiterate moron on a message board make absurd comments with nothing to back him up. My dad grew up in Texas. He idolized the Cowboys and like most texans (my turn to stereotype woooohoo!) knew nothing about baseball and didn't care for baseball. I was born in New Jersey. My grandfather from my mom's side, who has lived in the Tri-State area since 1940, was an enormous Yankees fan. He took me to my first, I'd say, 200 baseball games when I was growing up. All Yankees games.

Anything else you wanted answered? Remember ****stain, it's down the road not across the street.

:laugh2:

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3494002 said:
I was talking about the Rangers sucked as a team. I wasn't pointing out specific players. For instance, nobody can say David Murphy sucked in either game.

As a team, they didn't play that well.

The first game the Rangers had three errors and Washington made at least two more errors in positional defensive calls.

The Ranger pitching sucked last night overall. Lee pitched pretty well into the 7th then completely fell off the table. Francisco has been **** for several days and as I noted. As soon as I saw Feliz' second pitch I knew he was going to have problems too.

They traded for Molina for his defense and some offense. I must say though, his defense hasn't been that strong. Several passed balls, bad throws, he is obviously slow as **** too.

You said the Rangers played terrible for both games, which I would say is pretty much the same as saying they sucked.

And yes, they had some problems in both games. So did the Yankees. Rivera got beat up on in the 1st game, and Vasquez got beat up on in the second game. And there were plays the Yankees could have and should have made, just like there were plays the Rangers could have and should have made.

And yes, Lee struggled in the 7th - it happens. Almost every major league game it happens, and ususally to both starting pitchers. Complete games are far and away the exception rather than the rule, although Lee produces more complete games than almost anyone else. And that still doesn't change the fact that Lee has very easily been one of the most consistent pitchers in baseball this year. If you've really paid attention you would see that Lee's lack of a better record has been lack of run support, and not a problem on his part.

As for Molina, you're right. He is maybe the slowest guy in baseball. I hate seeing him on the basebpaths. But I think veteran leadership and working with a young pitching staff were as much of the reason for getting him as his defense and offense.

The move I think was the worst for the Rangers was the Guzman deal. He's been weak offensively and defensively, and we already have guys on the roster that filled in admirably for Kinsler when he missed time early in the season. The thing that gets me most is twice in the last 3-4 games balls have been hit that Guzman clearly could have either fielded or knocked down with a little extra effort - going to his knees, leaving his feet - it wouldn't have even taken a full layout - but he just gave a cursory swipe at the ball. That kind of half-***** effort doesn't fit with a team that has championship aspirations.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
juck;3494105 said:

Stop quoting that guy. I already have him on ignore and you're ruining it.

image001-tm.jpg