How can Dallas beat the Saints?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Brees is absolutely just wrecking the NFL right now. The man is focused. I'll be impressed if we can even just slow him down. lol

John813

Reaction score
The Saints are definitely scary. But has anyone been paying attention to the Colts? That game no longer is a gimmie either.

Luck has what, 6 or 7 games with at least 3 TD passes now?

Dude is playing close to his pre-injury days.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
To beat the Saints DeMarcus Ware has to have his signature game as a Cowboy--or at least that was the formula last time.

Reaction score
To beat them our defense will have to capitalize on all opportunities, not drop potential INTs or miss tackles. And the offense will have to score 7 when they get opportunities to do so.

I don't see this Cowboys offense being capable of scoring enough to beat them, even if the defense holds them to 20-30. Their defense stops the run but not the pass, and that's the type of defense we struggle against because if Zeke can't get going, our offense never seems to be able to rely on the passing game to win a game.

Honestly I see this Saints team as a favorite to win the Super Bowl whereas I see our team as one with a ceiling of winning a round 1 playoff game. I can't imagine this Cowboys team going on the road and beating the Bears, Saints, Rams, etc. As much as I would love it.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I consider it a moral victory if we do not get smoked as the Eagles did...

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
how many teams have QB that can match brees
We used to have one. I'd take Romo over Brees anyday. I recall Romo beating Brees on two epic occasions, while losing a 3rd in overtime.
Of 5 head-to-head match ups, Romo held his own vs. Brees.

Let's see how Dak can do. Romo did it without some of the weapons Dak is lucky to have, and without a Defense like we have now. A 6-5 Cowboys team has a legit shot at beating the Saints.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/201...-dallas-cowboys-head-to-head-classic-battles/

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Honestly, might as well tank this game. Use it as a bye week to rest. Let's say things go your way and you make the playoffs and advance. You're gonna have to play them in the divisional round anyway so no point in devoting your efforts to beating them in the regular season
I'm sorry, but that is a terrible idea.

Never give up. Always give it your all. Anything can happen.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You just have to hope they are off that game. You're not beating the team yesterday.

wrongway

Reaction score
1. Run the ball, control the clock, keep the score close and keep Brees on the sideline as much as possible

2. Get a consistent pass rush and hit Brees as much as possible

3. Don't let them beat you deep, keep their WRs in front of you, rally to ball, tackle well and try and chop and rip at the ball every chance you get

Once they get a huge lead like today-- nothing you can do. They will score points and be dangerous no question-- but we are at home, and have a young, fast, talented defense. Gotta get more from our offense and play mistake free. Do the above and we can beat the Saints.
Must score touchdowns while controlling the clock. Don't waste timeouts in first and third quarter.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Must score touchdowns while controlling the clock. Don't waste timeouts in first and third quarter.
Yes, and leave the punter at home.

If you punt, they'll score anyway. It will just take them longer, meaning your defense is on the field longer and theirs is on the field less. You have to play the high-risk high-reward game, go for the 1st downs. Similarly, forget FGs unless it's 4th and long and the FG is short. You definitely won't beat NO with punts and field goals, so don't even bother with them.

You may end up looking foolish going for it and missing in your own territory and you may get blown out by an absurd margin if those high-risk gambles don't work, but who cares? The Eagles and others get blown out by them even without taking those gambles.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't mean this to be a rhetorical question.We get them in Big D, which does help only in the sense that they are scary good at the Superdome compared to beatable good on the road. Gotta play excellent D (which this team can do) and run run run with Zeke.

Everyone keeps talking about a win Thursday gets us a TIE in the NFCE. Great! Only problem is the 'Skins already got their L from the Saints. Philly too. Now, if by some miracle we can beat New Orleans, I'll be very happy to eat crow. But then you realize that a deep playoff run cannot happen w/o going through New Orleans. I'm happy today fellas, but like y'all my expectations are tempered.

There is absolutely no way we are beating the Saints. That is a 100% loss. That is literally one of the best teams I have ever seen. That offense is better than the Rams offense was with Kurt Warner and Faulk.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Its all about the match-up with our defense. Brees was unstoppable last night but three weeks ago against the Vikings? 18-23, 120 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT.

Our offence will need to score at least 30 and that will be tough.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dallas will need to turn this into a grind it out game. Offense will need to run and chew the clock up and defense will need to try and contain Brees. Consistent pressure will be needed.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
We'll be 6-6 after that game. It's a given.
Um, nothing is a given, nay team can be and has been beaten just when the world "thinks" they are the next sliced toast. Cowboys can beat NO, the question is, will they. Clapper, vanilla queen HAVE to come up with a clock eating, keep Brees looking from the sidelines scheme. pray like hell nothing happens between then and Thursdays game. Skins game will be a baller, their D is noting to sniff at, but they are limping on O. We get the win Thursday, but keep your fingers crossed it doesn't cost us impact players, that we will have to have on the field against the Saints. I'm a bit middle road on the Saints game, knew we would beat Atlanta, and know we beat the skins, but that game can go either way with NO. Depends on who shows up to win.